Poland v Germany (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just checking one or two results on the Beeb website and I noticed the Poland score tonight. 2-0 to the Poles. :eek:

I then remembered that the game was on ITV4 tonight and wondered if anyone on here watched it?

Looking at the stats you just wonder how on earth it ended up as 2-0.

Possession - Poland 33% / Germany 67%

Shots - Poland 5 / Germany 29

Corners - Poland 0 / Germany 6

stupot07

doesnt matter how you play, its the score that matters. Slovenia beat spain 2-1 Thursday night.

possession - 27% Slovenia/ 73% Spain
Shots - 5 Slovenia / 20 spain
Corners - 3 slovenia / 19 spain

Otis

doesnt matter how you play, its the score that matters. Slovenia beat spain 2-1 Thursday night.

possession - 27% Slovenia/ 73% Spain
Shots - 5 Slovenia / 20 spain
Corners - 3 slovenia / 19 spain

Yep, I know. Just wondered if anyone watched and whether it was 2 breakaway goals, or a couple of mistakes, or what.

Otis

i didnt watch it, but is there any chance we can get a tape to SP??

Wish we did just play on the break. :(

When we get the ball now we are far too ponderous and unadventurous. At times I do feel we must be the most easy side to read and defend against.

stupot07

Wish we did just play on the break. :(

When we get the ball now we are far too ponderous and unadventurous. At times I do feel we must be the most easy side to read and defend against.

definitely. You're rarely going to dominate an away game so you need to be set up to hit people on the break, 532 isn't conducive for that. i'd be tempted to go back to a 4231 which robins played, i just dont think we have the central midfielders to play 442. 532 seems to be working ok (results wise) at home.

ccfc92

Yep, I know. Just wondered if anyone watched and whether it was 2 breakaway goals, or a couple of mistakes, or what.

I had the game on in background. Germany missed some very easy chances. But Poland defended very well generally. Got behind the ball, and fought to win it back. The 1st goal was a fantastic header. The second was a very clinical counter. Fully deserved for Poland IMO :claping hands:

First time they've beaten Germany (or since unification of Germany)

wingy

Surprised their not all out drinking and dancing In the street by me like they usually are.

Or driving through the streets with the National flag out through the sunroof.

Otis

Apparently it is the first time Poland have ever beaten Germany and Germany's first defeat in 33 qualifyning matches.

Last time they lost was 7 years ago.

Wish I had watched it now.

Users who are viewing this thread