Players released by Championship clubs (3 Viewers)

mark_ccfc

Trouble is all these players will be used to championship wages, and we are on a budget. Think TM will be carefull who he guns for and may be shopping in lower divisions for at least some players.

ccfcway

Trouble is all these players will be used to championship wages, and we are on a budget. Think TM will be carefull who he guns for and may be shopping in lower divisions for at least some players.

I think Jackson, Johnson, Swanson, O'Brien, Tudgay, Pugh and others I am sure I have forgot were all on championship wages last summer when we signed them.

Sky Blue Harry H

I like Benji Buchel from Bournemouth on the basis that a) sooner or later we will get a decent player from them and b) what a fantastic name......'Benji Buchel bags brilliant brace' ...I want us to sign him :D

Last edited:

skybluedan

So, who do you fancy then?

Sheffield Wednesday:
Lewis Buxton
Paul Corry
Rhys McCabe
Gary Madine
Dejan Kehlar
Joe Mattock
Kamil Zayatte
Jacques Maghoma
Matt Young
Rafa Floro
Giles Coke

Bournemouth:
Ian Harte
Miles Addison
Josh McQuoid
Joe Partington
Mohamed Coulibaly
Benji Buchel

Derby:
Shaun Barker
Jamie Ward
Zak Whitbread
Lee Naylor

Cardiff City:
Kevin McNaughton
Nicky Maynard
Danny Gabbidon

Huddersfield:
Anthony Gerrard
Jonathan Stead
Martin Paterson
Jake Carroll
Daniel Carr

Millwall:
Nicky Bailey,Matthew Briggs, Dylan Casey, Richard Chaplow, Alan Dunne, Carlos Edwards, Sofiane El-Bekri, Ricardo Fuller, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Justin Hoyte, Stefan Maierhofer, Angel Martinez, Danny Shittu, Josh Siafa, Callum Webb, Martyn Woolford.

Would take Maynard gabbidon cranie coke mattock Leon Clarke jaime ward

SlowerThanPlatt

Brighton:

Craig Mackail-Smith, Aaron Hughes, Paddy McCourt, Vitalijs Maksimenko and Kemy Agustien

Would love Mackail Smith. Scored loads for Peterborough in League 1

LJC_CCFC

Brighton:

Craig Mackail-Smith, Aaron Hughes, Paddy McCourt, Vitalijs Maksimenko and Kemy Agustien

Would take Mackail-Smith, Hughes (Wise old head) and Agustein (Good ball playing cm, played a fair few times for Swansea in the Prem)

kg82

Brighton:

Seems to be injured all the time. Swear I've seen him being a pundit more than playing! Hasn't done much since Peterborough either

stupot07

Seems to be injured all the time. Swear I've seen him being a pundit more than playing! Hasn't done much since Peterborough either

Yep, another 30+ yo. Scored 3 in 37 last season, 0 in 7 the season before. Seems to be a bit of a theme with this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

I think with all of these players in the 28 to 32 age bracket, injury or fitness will be a problem and the reason behind them being released. Thats not to say we shouldn't go in for some, but trials and short term deals are a must.

LJC_CCFC

Yep, another 30+ yo. Scored 3 in 37 last season, 0 in 7 the season before. Seems to be a bit of a theme with this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Some work, some don't. For every Simeon Jackson (Not an admission of me being wrong btw) there is an Aaron Wilbraham.

stupot07

I think with all of these players in the 28 to 32 age bracket, injury or fitness will be a problem and the reason behind them being released. Thats not to say we shouldn't go in for some, but trials and short term deals are a must.

Agreed, we have to be very selective with who we bring in, the other issue with these players on the wane is their lack of desire, playing as its their career, not because they want to progress and improve. Bristol had the right idea signed 2 old heads and the rest were all under 25 and from league one and on the up.

LJC_CCFC

Would rather we looked at League 2 and non-league for the majority of new faces. Works for everyone else, why not us.

stupot07

Some work, some don't. For every Simeon Jackson (Not an admission of me being wrong btw) there is an Aaron Wilbraham.

I would say the ratio is a lot more than Jackson = wilbraham. We seem to have had a fair few Elliot, Tudguy (improved lately), Jackson, Pugh, Webster, kilbane, etc. in fact we're still waiting for a Wilbraham.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

I would say the ratio is a lot more than Jackson = wilbraham. We seem to have had a fair few Elliot, Tudguy (improved lately), Jackson, Pugh, Webster, Pugh, kilbane, etc. in fact we're still waiting for a Wilbraham.

Elliot gets a pass in my book for the brace against MK. Evidently not a fan of Pugh then.

stupot07

Elliot gets a pass in my book for the brace against MK. Evidently not a fan of Pugh then.

That was a good brace but 4 goals in 25 games is poor (only fit enough to play 18 league games). And you can't argue that Pugh didn't work out.

LJC_CCFC

That was a good brace but 4 goals in 25 games is poor (only fit enough to play 18 league games). And you can't argue that Pugh didn't work out.

Both were jokes. You said Pugh twice.

ccfc_Tom

Elliot was fantastic, one of the best players I've seen for us in this league. goal ratio aside his all round play was great.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

It's like watching a 12 year old play Football Manager this thread haha

skybluebeduff

It's like watching a 12 year old play Football Manager this thread haha

Add Manager:

Manchester City

Buy Simeon Jackson for £50mill
Buy Tudgay for £50mill

Quit as Manchester City manager

Add manager:

Become Coventry manager, check funds to play with....

£0

Where on earth did that £100mill go?

Had that problem plenty of times

:D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Add Manager:

Manchester City

Buy Simeon Jackson for £50mill
Buy Tudgay for £50mill

Quit as Manchester City manager

Add manager:

Become Coventry manager, check funds to play with....

£0

Where on earth did that £100mill go?

Had that problem plenty of times

:D

Start new game with Coventry
Get relegated first season because I'm awful at the game
Blame SISU bastards and restart as Man City

shmmeee

Start new game with Coventry
Get relegated first season because I'm awful at the game
Blame SISU bastards and restart as Man City

I got us promoted with -10 and no money (and no cheating). Only to get massacred in the Championship because we had no money due to being at Sixfields still, and losing all our decent players. Then I got sacked for getting relegated. Fucking SISU.

ajsccfc

Last two versions I've took us up to the giddy height of PL champions (one via sugar daddy, second via what I can only assume was dumb luck) which is particularly odd as I'm generally feckless when I control any other side, the better they are the quicker I make them mediocre.

Gary Madine, Joe Mattock, Jacques Maghoma, Giles Coke Miles Addison, Shaun Barker Jamie Ward, Zak Whitbread Kevin McNaughton Nicky Maynard, Jonathan Stead, Martin Paterson, Nicky Bailey, Richard Chaplow,Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Martyn Woolford.

Any of the above please

Users who are viewing this thread