O'Brien - 8
Armstrong - 10

Subs

Thomas - 7
Phillips - 7
Morris - 6

Bugsy

6 for lameiras ? I'd go for 8

Same as that. I thought all the players worked hard vincelot is a player we needed he us a great addition, don't want to Bang on about our 1st game but we do look more solid one or 2 2 add we could be (dare I say it) look a team hard to beat.... PUSB... What a good day .

FRY-CCFC

Burge - 7
Willis - 7
Ricketts - 8
Johnson - 8
Stokes - 8
Vincelot - 8
Fleck - 8
JOB - 8
Maddison - 8
Lameiras - 7
Armstrong - 9

Phillips - 7

skybluepm2

Couldn't be happier with that performance, atmosphere change was also noticeable and the pre and half time entertainment was improved.

Some of the passing and movement was sublime. I honestly cannot recall the last time we won comfortably and played so well at the same time. Obviously it's a small step but we have to revel in these moments, they don't happen too often to us!

Armstrong is going to be some player, he was unplayable at times today. Won the ball back, perfect touch, electrifying pace and two fantastic finishes. He was the main difference today and long may it continue.

Otis

Burge - 7
Willis - 6
Ricketts - 9
Johnson - 8
Stokes - 7
Vincelot - 8
Fleck - 7
Lameiras - 6
Maddison - 7
O'Brien - 7
Armstrong - 9

Burge - 7. Solid display from the keeper today. One cross he shouldn't have come for, but besides that, a decent game from him.

Willis - 6. Didn't play that badly, but the majority of Wigan's dangerous play was coming down that wing. Not sure if he was carrying a knock or it was tactical when he was replaced.

Ricketts - 9. Outstanding. A very calm head. Cool on the ball and no nonsense. Very impressed with him today.

Reda - 8. Pretty much rock solid. The odd air shot here and there, but he does continue to look very commanding at times.

Stokes - 7. Steady game, but a few wayward passes.

Vincelot - 7. Impressed by him. No nonsense, broke up play and tackled hard. Spread the ball out quite well at times too. Think he is going to be a very important player for us this season if this is anything to go by..

Fleck - 6. Disappeared yet again for long periods, but then he made a few impressive challenges and through balls.

Lameiras - 6. A bit hit and miss. The lad can't tackle and gets knocked off the ball quite easily, but he does have a deft touch. Time will tell on this one I think. Need to see more from him and hopefully we will.

Maddison - 6. Rather lightweight. One delightful ball through to set up Armstrong and he did hit the post, but he flitted in and out of the game at times. He does have that ability to turn a game in an instant though for sure. I am sure he will be an important player for us this year.

JOB - 8 . Worked his socks off and it was a gem of a pass to set up that Armstrong goal.

Amstrong - 9. MOTM. Dangerous all day long. Lightening pace, a good footballing brain, in tandem with boundless energy. Was a nuisance to their defence all game long.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cba to do ratings right now but Ricketts experience just shone through.

He's exactly the type of person Reda needs next to him to tell him to calm down when Reda gets a bit excitable

Esoterica

Burge - 5
Willis - 7
Ricketts - 9
Johnson - 8
Stokes - 8
Fleck - 7
Vincelot - 8
Maddison - 8
Lameiras - 7
O'Brien - 8
Armstrong - 10

Subs

Thomas - 7
Phillips - 7
Morris - 6

You'd need to score a first half hattrick, wank me off at half time and then take me out for a curry in the evening to get a 10!

Kingokings204

Burge 7
Willis/Phillips 7
Ricketts - 8
Johnson 8
Stokes 7
Lameires 6
Maddison 7
Fleck 7
Job 8
Vincelot 7
Armstrong 9. MOTM

Astute

You'd need to score a first half hattrick, wank me off at half time and then take me out for a curry in the evening to get a 10!

No problem. What sort of curry do you like?

stupot07

It was a team performance today, so no one who started deserves less than a 7 today.

For me

Burge 8
Willis 7
Ricketts 9 MOTM
Johnson 8
Stokes 7
Vincelot 8
Fleck 7
Armstrong 9
Maddison 8
Lameires 8
JOB 8

Subs
Phillips 7
Morris 6
Thomas 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Juggernaut

Burge - 6 - Not much to do, a few wayward kicks but when called upon he dealt with everything with ease.

Willis - 6- He's solid defensively but when we play narrow our full backs need to provide an attacking threat, he just isn't comfortable on the ball. He's a CB.

Ricketts - 8 - Read everything, calm presence at the back, I was sceptical about this signing at first but he looked a cut above today.

Reda -7 - Good defender just useless on the ball, at times looks like an accident waiting to happen but when he's on it he is dominant for us.

Stokes - 6 - Solid enough, offers little going forward. Need to improve for where I want us to be.

Vincelot - 7- Tireless off the ball and economical on it. Be interesting to see his passing range when we're having the majority of possession, I think games like today suit him.

Fleck - 7 - See above, thought he was very good, energetic, provided a bit of burst at times, got stuck in. Impressed.

Lameiras - 7 - a few neat touches, can see he has bags of ability but there's some games you don't play him in, I.e Scunthorpe away.

Maddison - 8 - Leagues above, could have had 2, his first touch is brilliant, takes it away from his opponent. An underestimated skill.

O'Brien - 8 - Every team needs an O' Brien, worked like a dog. Done brilliantly for the first goal.

Armstrong - 9 - he's rapid. Took both his goals well. If he doesn't score 15 by Jan I'd be shocked.

Special mention to Phillips who I thought was brilliant when he came on. Overall, excellent performance, the plan worked perfectly.

skybluegod

Not gonna do full ratings will give some mentions though.

Burge-7-Handling was good, saved the very few shots they had, and barring a couple wayward kicks is defo not as bad as made out. Rickets seems to trust him.

ricketts &reda- 8- both were excellent and composed, got head on the ball and got their bodies in the way, despite lack of pace they didn't struggle and defended brilliantly.

stokes-7/8- bit of a weird one I know, but I feel he had a real good game, he didn't get skinned, tackled well, got forward when needed- but did have odd wayward pass.

Vincelot-7/8- brilliant signing just what we needed, tough tackling but also able to keep play moving.

JOB-8- brilliant assist for the goal, but also his tackling and pressing was good- think he felt less need to run around like a headless chicken today as he trusted his team mates.

Armstrong-9- looked a class above today, I'm not going to overhype him as its a long season and he wont get such nice defenders in some games is season and will take a few knocks but he was excellent today and unlucky not to get his 3rd.

Have got to say however the biggest praise has to go to TM-10- e tactical plan was brilliant to use 2 number tens and Armstrong out wide, as it meant the maddens and Rubén picked up their CDM's and fleck and vincelott were able to pick up their runners. Brilliant new tactical plan.
Finally I want to say we looked defensively solid today and considering we made what's meant to be the best side in the league look very poor, it was a brilliant day. Signings look good and I look forward to Tuesday. But we mustn't get too ahead of ourselves this is the first of a 46 game lone marathon.

PUSB.

mcm sky blue

Burge - 7 dint have much to do really.
Willis - 7 did ok needs to talk more as exposed first half.
Ricketts - 9 won every thing needed in air, cool head showed
Johnson - 9 worked well with rickets won what was need
Stokes - 7 did well but still more to learn
Vincelot - 9 worked hard made a difference with somone who can tackle
Fleck - 6 poor play at times
Lameiras - 8 looked good on ball the type of player who can run past two players
Maddison - 8 for 18 years of age has a good football brain just needs more muscle
O'Brien - 7 did ok worked hard not much on his side
Armstrong - 9 quality will score in this league for sure, looked above every player in all aspects

Johnnythespider

Not really sure why the 6s for lameires, the fact he was fouled so many times tells me he played better than that.
Burge 7 - solid enough, not much to do
Willis 7
Ricketts 8 great debut
Johnson 8 strong as an ox
Stokes 7
Vincelot 8
Fleck 6 still not convinced by this bloke
Armstrong 9 I'm dreading January
Maddison 7 a bit anonymous today
Lameires 8 very tricky player
O'Brien 8 did well for the first

stupot07

Maddison 7 a bit anonymous today
t

I wouldn't say he was anonymous, but we didn't seem to get him on the ball higher up the pitch enough. He was always involved, probably had more touches than any of our players but most were around the centre circle. To get the absolute best out of him we need him to be getting on the ball in and around the 18 yard box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

Thought every one had a good game. Burge much better than I expected...but not under any real pressure. Willis and stokes did well...a couple of times lost their man but worked tirelessly. Reda and ricketts looked solid, read game well and never looked flustered. Defensively good performance...Wigan were kept to a couple half chances all game.
Vincelot...quality. V good signing. Broke up everything and started a number of attacks.
Fleck worked harder than I have seen him for a while. O'Brien out of position the same and of course set up the goal.
Madders and lameries...great touches and linked up well. They did drift out the game a couple of times but that is being picky on two young exciting kids.
Armstrong...quick, neat, exuberant and took his goals with calm assurance and deft touch. One to watch. We might keep him all season but it will be a pleasure while we do.
TM...got it spot on...

This worked out easier than I expected...we were better and Wigan a shadow of what they should be. We will come up against much tougher (physically and football wise) opponents in the months ahead but this was a huge step in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedie87

Burge 6 a few dodgy kicks otherwise didn't have much to do
willis 6 average as usual hear he went off with blurred vision which might explain things
stokes 7 decent
reda 8
ricketts 8
fleck 7
vincelot 7
lamerias 7 if only he had pace and power
obrien 8 one of better games
maddison 8 if only that effort went in off post
armstrong 10 couldn't have asked for more

Limey

Burge made a key save at 1-0. Can't be arsed to rate them all as a cold beer is calling. Good atmosphere, and big Tone got tactics spot on. Wigan will be massive team this year. The boys done terrifically well today. PUSB

Sterling Archer

Genuinely shocked by some of the Fleck ratings, is he the new Baker on this site? He was excellent in the second half.

Otis

Genuinely shocked by some of the Fleck ratings, is he the new Baker on this site? He was excellent in the second half.

Yes, but in a game of football there are 2 halves.

He was poor in the first and very good in the second. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen him have a complete match. It's all too often starts of brilliantly and fades or has a poor first half and plays well in the second.

As you quite rightly said, he was excellent in the second half.

Grendel

I am a big critic but yes he did. Football is about opinions though and I thought Lameres was poor

Otis

I am a big critic but yes he did. Football is about opinions though and I thought Lameres was poor

I didn't rate Lameiras highly either today. Thought he was very lightweight and his tackling or non tackling was abysmal, but he did show a few nice touches. I thought overall he was just average at best.

Grendel

I didn't rate Lameiras highly either today. Thought he was very lightweight and his tackling or non tackling was abysmal, but he did show a few nice touches. I thought overall he was just average at best.

To me he had little pace and stamina. Wanted the free kick every time. Poorest player in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread