Player rating v Norwich (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Wilson 7 not much to do
Da Costa 5 poor positioning , not sure he wants to defend which for a defender is an issue
Ostigard 6
Mcfadzean 7
Hyam 6
Giles 6 he plays we concede 2 goals everytime
Sheaf 7
Hamer 7
Shipley 6 passes backwards far too often
Ohare 6 lack of end product start8ng to be a big issue
Biamou 6 got to score at least one of those chances

Garryb80

Wilson 7 not much to do
Da Costa 5 poor positioning , not sure he wants to defend which for a defender is an issue
Ostigard 6
Mcfadzean 7
Hyam 6
Giles 6 he plays we concede 2 goals everytime
Sheaf 7
Hamer 7
Shipley 6 passes backwards far too often
Ohare 6 lack of end product start8ng to be a big issue
Biamou 6 got to score at least one of those chances
Sorry but giving Shipley more than dacosta?? Shipley barely moved all game. At least dacosta grew into the game and looked effective

speedie87

Shipley a 6?

Didn’t think Shipley was as bad as normal o day until the magic 60min mark when he does nothing but pass back, first few mins he played in biamou with a great 2 quick touches had a shot, and was doing ok

Skyblue_CP

Wilson - 6 - Pretty quiet

DaCosta - 5 - Poor first half, improved 2nd

Osti - 5 - Looked off the pace today

Fadz - 6 - Defended pretty well

Hyam - 5.5 - Did alright

Giles - 5 - not involved

Hamer - 7 - everything you expect

Sheaf - 6 - Didnt do alot, but didnt do alot wrong

O'Hare - 7 - works really hard and put himself about but final ball was lacking as is usually the case, once he scores one of his tap ins will give him confidence.

Shipley - 4 - Wow, total lack of effort, can excuse poor passes, but you have to work hard. Walks about for 85 mins.

Max - 7 - Did well today, was unlucky with a couple of good efforts

Bapaga - 6 - Looked lively

Baka - 4 - pointless

James - 6 - looked to have good attributes, lovely pass to DaCosta.

Eccles - 5 - did nothing wrong

Garryb80

Didn’t think Shipley was as bad as normal o day until the magic 60min mark when he does nothing but pass back, first few mins he played in biamou with a great 2 quick touches had a shot, and was doing ok
He spent most of the game wandering around avoiding any contact with anyone

Nick

Administrator
Did you miss him just stand and let them have the ball in the first half? That run he made where he strolled and then fouled their defender to make it look like he tried summed it up.

Complete bottle job.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson 6 defence hanged him out to dry on both goals
Da Costa 6 sloppy in the first half but eased his way in and worth persisting with
Osti 6
McF 6
Hyam 6
Giles 6
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Shipley 5 and I'm being kind
O'Hare 6 guilty of some dire finishing again but besides that encouraging
Biamou 6

Subs
James 6
Baka 5 waste of time bringing him on and really need even a free agent who will do a better job
Bapaga 6 some positive play and will be interested in seeing him get more game time
Eccles 6

Appreciate a lot of 6s but that's the default rating for me and not many players stood out or had particularly bad displays barring Shipley who was nowhere near the player we saw last week.

fernandopartridge

Wilson 6
Da Costa 5
Ostigard 5
McFadzean 5
Hyam 5
Giles 5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Shipley 5
Biamou 6

Subs
Eccles 6
James 6
Bapaga 6
Baka 5

None of the back 5 deserve any more than a 5 for the atrocious goals against in the first 10 minutes.

cc84cov

Clearly didn’t watch the game he was beyond a joke gave up chasing balls - disgrace 🙃

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think LG made a similar comment on a different thread but the disparity between ratings for Sheaf when he makes errors and Hyam today for example is pretty eye opening. Hyams positioning for first goal was poor, lack of communication for second with McFadzean left the free man, and got absolutely schooled by Pukki late on when they hit the post. Sheaf would be getting 2s and “never wanna see him in the shirt again” for that type of display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TM8792

More than 4 for O’Hare is criminal. An attacking mid that rarely ever creates and misses every chance presented to him. But he runs around a lot so all is well.

Hobo

Will need to see both goals again but my first take is Hyam should have done better with the first and possibly the 2nd?

First goal Norwich were allowed to get the cross in far too easily so suspect Ostigaard and Giles have to take some of the responsibility.

Fergusons_Beard

More than 4 for O’Hare is criminal. An attacking mid that rarely ever creates and misses every chance presented to him. But he runs around a lot so all is well.

I despair when I read comments like this.

O’Hare runs his bastard socks off all game, tackles, retrieves and actually retains the football in possession.

Rarely makes mistakes, creates chances and will become a fabulous footballer for City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator

O’Hare runs his bastard socks off all game, tackles, retrieves and actually retains the football in possession.

Rarely makes mistakes, creates chances and will become a fabulous footballer for City.

O'Hare hasn't got an assist has he?

fernandopartridge

I think LG made a similar comment on a different thread but the disparity between ratings for Sheaf when he makes errors and Hyam today for example is pretty eye opening. Hyams positioning for first goal was poor, lack of communication for second with McFadzean left the free man, and got absolutely schooled by Pukki late on when they hit the post. Sheaf would be getting 2s and “never wanna see him in the shirt again” for that type of display

Yes, and his distribution gets worse.

Adge

Wilson 6 Not really much to do but could he have done better with the 2nd?

Ostigard 5 Not up to the usual level today and needs to stop the cross for the 2nd.

Hyam 5 Just about gets 5. Played his part in the goals and has been off the pace for a while now.

McFadz 5 Had his part to play in the mad 10 minutes at the start.

Giles 5 Defending or going forward didn’t really offer much.

Dacosta 6 Gave the ball away 2-3 times early doors that could have cost us but grew into the game and got better.

Shipley 4 Beer and fags.

Hamer 5 Went down a level today-deliveries were also feed and drink for the keeper.

Sheaf 5 One or 2 great passes but I don’t recall too much else.

O’Hare 6 Still busting a gut but clearly needs a goal.

Biamou 6 Played reasonable but one of them chances has to go in. The keeper played well but on 2-3 occasions Max didn’t punish him and made it easy for him.

Subs-

Baka 4 Waste of time.

Bapaga 6 Harried and looked busy closing down.

James 6 Bit of quality on show when he came off the bench.

Eccles 6 Had the nod last week that he was coming back and was really tidy on the ball when he got involved.

Positive I guess is like most have said is it’s minutes in the legs for some.

no_loyalty

Wilson 6
Osti 5
Fads 5
Hyam 5
Giles 6
Dacosta 6
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Shipley 4
O’Hare 6
Biamou 6

Baka 3
James 6
Bapaga 6
Eccles 5

KenilworthSkyBlue

I didn't watch today but I don't get what's going on with Hyam. He's seemingly got worse as the season has progressed.

His poor distribution and insistence on bringing the ball out from the back (despite neither possessing the technical ability, nor pace/athleticism to do so) were the two main things that often got him into trouble.

However, now it seems as well as the above he's also forgetting the fundamentals - causing him to make even more silly mistakes.

It's a shame Rose is a way off as I feel Hyam needs a break.

Londonccfcfan

He's not as bad as your making out and not as good some think. Far from finished article. One thing for certain. We are poorer without him.

Garryb80

But he isnt our defensive midfielder so uts irrelevant. He doesn't create chances and his decision making is woeful

Jamesimus

When? He constantly runs into the opposition and loses the ball and makes awful decisions in the final third.

He creates chances in nearly every single game we play in.

He often gets fouled in the final third and we get a set piece out of it.

I was unable to watch the game today (a rare occasion) so had to listen instead, but he created chances again today.

Whether we / he scores them is a different matter, but saying he doesn't create chances is daft.

Sky Blue Harry H

When? He constantly runs into the opposition and loses the ball and makes awful decisions in the final third.

He breaks up the opposition play and together with Hamer creates our counter attacks from the middle of the park. His constant movement, work rate is a benefit to the team. Remove O'Hare and you lose an enormous amount of energy from our team. We all know he needs to improve other aspects of his game, but we are poorer without him. Some of the 'loses the ball' are fouls on him. Hanley today, when the ref could have played on. He helps push us up the pitch. Millwall away when he chased down their left back who got sent off?

Jamesimus

He breaks up the opposition play and together with Hamer creates our counter attacks from the middle of the park. His constant movement, work rate is a benefit to the team. Remove O'Hare and you lose an enormous amount of energy from our team. We all know he needs to improve other aspects of his game, but we are poorer without him. Some of the 'loses the ball' are fouls on him. Hanley today, when the ref could have played on. He helps push us up the pitch. Millwall away when he chased down their left back who got sent off?

Yeah but some people want all of that, plus goals and assists, on a free transfer.

I hope he stays with us because I think he'll get better.

stevefloyd

Some of the scores for Shipley are jokes...he was an utter waste of time today absolute disgrace...yes I do mention it quite often, reason being he is playing for the club we all love and his lack of desire lack of tackling and walking about is fucking embarrassing and shouldn't be tolerated but the most frustrating thing about him is he can actually play a bit but just looks as though he really cannot be arsed and should be fined his appearance fee ....please please please Robins get rid of him

stevefloyd

People on here are slating him for his finishing and if he was a striker I could understand but he is a midfield come attacking player

Users who are viewing this thread