Play-offs (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Away leg for a play off would be madness, I remember Crewe away in the JPT and all 2,300 tickets sold out in 20 mins to ST holders alone. It was 1 ticket per ST too, so quite a lot of ST holders missed out still.

Terry Gibson's perm

Away leg for a play off would be madness, I remember Crewe away in the JPT and all 2,300 tickets sold out in 20 mins to ST holders alone. It was 1 ticket per ST too, so quite a lot of ST holders missed out still.

Unless it's at millwall might not be so popular then:eek:

SlowerThanPlatt

JPT against Crewe was done as: ST holders 1 per ST holder (2 day period), members and package holders 1 per member\package holder (2 day period), fans who have purchased a ticket for the home game 1 per ticket purchased (3 day period) and then general sale.

Otis

45885940bf10b83ebf51bab9c9c5522b.jpg
Yes, you're correct. Just checked it elsewhere too.

So the two legs of the play-off matches would be played between Thursday the 12th and the Friday 20th May.

Usually there is a gap of about 10-13 days between the play-off 2nd leg and the final.

Otis

So any date except the 15th May for the home leg please, should it come down to the play-offs for us. :)

Regarding tickets for the home leg(if we get into the play-offs).
One way that the club could help themselves is to set one price for anywhere in the ground,for instance £20 for adults and £10 for kids. Then make a statement that if you collect tickets then they will only take cash and you have to have the exact money. So no credit/debit cards or handing over a £50 note for a £20 ticket.
I am sure that if you really want a ticket then you can find the exact money before you collect.
I remember West Brom doing this a few years back for a big match that had to be played at short notice and they sold a massive number of tickets in a few hours.

Leamington Pete

This thread is SO wrong. Has nobody heard of the Football Gods?!!! Remember the Crewe semi when people were discussing Wembley allocations and train times?

We should ban all mention of play offs and Wembley now!

Otis

Yep and then wait until the dates are announced and realise we are on holiday!!

The dates and play-off/Wembley talk is only and only because we need to make sure we are available as a contingency and that is all it is.

In my case I knew my daughter had a show on in London on May 15th. It immediately sprung to mind, IF we got to the play-offs, that might clash.

Would you expect me not to make contingency plans in case it were to happen?

No-one is saying we will make the play-offs. Planning though rather than finding out you are stumped is surely the sensible way to go.

I am already looking at the 15th May and trying to ensure I am available.

My daughter has an agency diary and I have made sure that May 29th (the final) is blocked out. Be dumb of me not to.

Contingency talk only. :)

Leamington Pete

Yep and then wait until the dates are announced and realise we are on holiday!!

The dates and play-off/Wembley talk is only and only because we need to make sure we are available as a contingency and that is all it is.

In my case I knew my daughter had a show on in London on May 15th. It immediately sprung to mind, IF we got to the play-offs, that might clash.

Would you expect me not to make contingency plans in case it were to happen?

No-one is saying we will make the play-offs. Planning though rather than finding out you are stumped is surely the sensible way to go.

I am already looking at the 15th May and trying to ensure I am available.

My daughter has an agency diary and I have made sure that May 29th (the final) is blocked out. Be dumb of me not to.

Contingency talk only. :)

Yes but do the research yourself and keep it off here! It''s The Gods I tells yer, The Gods!!

(We're going to win every game 'till the end of the season and win it outright anyway so don't worry about it).

My mistake was Oldham away... Expecting mid table mediocrity before the season I couldn't see myself still being engaged by this stage! I'm not keen on foreign holidays, but agreed to do a week in Ibiza because a good mate was getting married over there on the 6th... Now it is technically possible to get to the game but it means missing 2 nights sleep on the trot.

Flights were only £22 a couple of weeks ago, but this also coincided with our dip in form, I didn't buy them then! I'd be gutted to miss the day we got promoted after watching our steady decline over my career as a sky blues fan.... What do I do now?!

nunchuckas

I booked a 2 week trip to Brazil in May a couple of months ago and just didn't even think about the play offs. I get back the day before the final but I'd miss both semis, so I'd be especially disappointed to miss a bumper away day somewhere, just have to hope I can find a bar to watch it in.

So I'm especially hoping to snatch 2nd place, bumper away day at Oldham or somewhere to clinch it!

Otis

29th May is also the start of the Whitsun holiday week, so I bet a fair few have booked to go away then.

Be a real bummer for anyone missing out, so, City, get your act together and sort out the top 2 place please!

sky_blue_up_north

I thought the playoffs where always on the Whitsun Bank Holiday, because you need to extra day for them

standupforcity

29th May is also the start of the Whitsun holiday week, so I bet a fair few have booked to go away then.

Be a real bummer for anyone missing out, so, City, get your act together and sort out the top 2 place please!

But Otis...nothing to worry about...we'll make the autos!

Otis

No, I'm wrong. League Two final is Monday.

This is from the FL official site.

Saturday 28th - Championship play off final. 5 pm

Sunday 29th - League One play-off final. 3 pm

Monday 30th - League Two play-off final. 3 pm

Brylowes

No, I'm wrong. League Two final is Monday.

This is from the FL official site.

Saturday 28th - Championship play off final. 5 pm

Sunday 29th - League One play-off final. 3 pm

Monday 30th - League Two play-off final. 3 pm
They must have changed it,I'm sure it used to be L2 sat. L1 Sunday. Championship mon.
Norwich won on the Monday last year.

Otis

Makes sense though. Championship get the best pitch, then League One have the bumpy, cut up one and then League Two are left with the ploughed field.

Otis

Also guess Euro 2016 is a big factor. Plenty of Championship players I guess will be in their country's Euro squads.

Brylowes

Makes sense though. Championship get the best pitch, then League One have the bumpy, cut up one and then League Two are left with the ploughed field.
Yep so they play on the pitch's they have become accustomed to.

Otis

Yes, you're correct. Just checked it elsewhere too.

So the two legs of the play-off matches would be played between Thursday the 12th and the Friday 20th May.

Usually there is a gap of about 10-13 days between the play-off 2nd leg and the final.
Looks like I will be fine for my daughter's show after all.

Otis

Top 2 falls from grace out of all the leagues?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Okay, just as a guide, here is how the 6th place panned out, with 36 games played as the starting point. We are obivously on 36 games now.

Last season.

After 36 games.

1 Bristol City 37 80

2 Preston North End 35 69

3 Swindon Town 36 67

4 Milton Keynes Dons 36 63

5 Sheffield United 35 54

6 Barnsley 36 53

Final table.

1 Bristol City 46 99

2 Milton Keynes 46 91

3 Preston North End 46 89

4 Swindon Town 46 79

5 Sheffield United 46 71

6 Chesterfield 46 69

2013/14

After 36 games

1 Wolverhampton Wndrs 35 23 8 4 77

2 Brentford 35 23 7 5 76

3 Leyton Orient 37 22 8 7 74

4 Preston North End 36 18 14 4 68

5 Rotherham United 36 18 12 6 66

6 Peterborough United 36 18 4 14 58

Final table

1 Wolverhampton Wndrs 46 31 10 5 103

2 Brentford 46 28 10 8 94

3 Leyton Orient 46 25 11 10 86

4 Rotherham United 46 24 14 8 86

5 Preston North End 46 23 16 7 85

6 Peterborough United 46 23 5 18 74

2012/13

After 36 games

1 Doncaster Rovers 36 19 8 9 65

2 Sheffield United 35 17 13 5 64

3 Swindon Town 35 17 11 7 62

4 Yeovil Town 35 19 4 12 61

5 Brentford 35 16 13 6 61

6 Tranmere Rov 36 17 9 10 60

Final table

1 Doncaster Rovers 46 25 9 12 84

2 Bournemouth 46 24 11 11 83

3 Brentford 46 21 16 9 79

4 Yeovil Town 46 23 8 15 77

5 Sheffield United 46 19 18 9 75

6 Swindon Town 46 20 14 12 74

olderskyblue

We need to do a Bournemouth then.....

RegTheDonk

We need to do a Bournemouth then.....

Where were they after 36 games, as a matter of interest? They must have got at least another 24 points from somewhere....though on the face of it, Sheff Utd and all those below had 2nd in their sights and blew up.

Otis

After 36 games Bournemouth were 7th on 58 points.

That means they got 25 points from their last 10 games. That's 8 wins and a draw.

oucho

Not sure what those figures prove - it isn't clear really.

I for one do find it useful to look at the analysis of "last season 6th place required 69 points, but on average you need 73" to finish third., we need xx wins from yy games to get into the playoffs..etc...but these things are only a guide to what's happened before. The only thing that matters is this season - as long as we finish above 18 other teams, it doesn't matter how many points were needed in previous seasons to get into the play-offs.

stupot07

After 36 games Bournemouth were 7th on 58 points.

That means they got 25 points from their last 10 games. That's 8 wins and a draw.

That's there exact sequence of their final 9 games - 8 wins in a trot, then a draw vs tranmere last game kf the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Next gsme boys next game. Swindon will be very tough. It's time for us to put in a performance as well as get a result I think

Otis

Not sure what those figures prove - it isn't clear really.

I for one do find it useful to look at the analysis of "last season 6th place required 69 points, but on average you need 73" to finish third., we need xx wins from yy games to get into the playoffs..etc...but these things are only a guide to what's happened before. The only thing that matters is this season - as long as we finish above 18 other teams, it doesn't matter how many points were needed in previous seasons to get into the play-offs.

TM himself though has said we need 6 wins. Basing this on that and as I say, it's only a guide. :)

Otis

Next gsme boys next game. Swindon will be very tough. It's time for us to put in a performance as well as get a result I think

Yep. I think we need to win, but also win well, rather than scrape a result.

A win combined with a good performance would do wonders to team spirit and belief.

Users who are viewing this thread