Pitch invasion (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Absolutely pathetic.

I’d guess most of those were attending their first game this season and ruined it for the rest of us who wanted to applaud the lap after the game.

I love this club, but at times our fans are absolutely embarrassing.

Also, I’d be embarrassed taking photos on the pitch like I’d earnt the right to be on it, when actually I've just jumped over a board and ran past some stewards who didn’t care.

Last edited:

covcity4life

I just dont get it. Getting to wrmbley is worth running on pitch. Promotion is worth it. Staying up i guess is too

But clinching playoffs?? Embarassing

Mucca Mad Boys

Absolutely pathetic.

I’d guess most of those were attending their first game this season and ruiend it for the rest of us who wanted to applaud the lap after the game.

I love this club, but at times our fans are absolutely embarrassing.

Also, I’d be embarrassed taking photos on the pitch like I’d earnt the right to be on it, when actually ive just jumped over a board and ran past some stewards who didn’t care.

I currently work in the security industry (seasonal) and most of the stewards did their job well. Realistically, they weren’t going to stop the majority of fans running on to the pitch so it was all about managing it.

I have to say, I was worried what was going to happen when Cov fans were going towards the Morecambe fans, but thankfully, all were in unison! A great day for both clubs.

Sky Blue Pete

Fans celebrate on the pitch up and down the country without any bother, for the first time in ages we may have a chance of promotion, and a few fans wanted to celebrate this, as long as no one gets hurt it’s sound by me.
That’s the modern world for you. I’m alright jack fuck you lot!!

no_loyalty

Fair play to the Morecambe number 11, he came over to the City fans during the pitch invasion and gave a ball (don't know if it was the match ball) to a young fan at the front of the stand

Great_Expectations

I currently work in the security industry (seasonal) and most of the stewards did their job well. Realistically, they weren’t going to stop the majority of fans running on to the pitch so it was all about managing it.

I have to say, I was worried what was going to happen when Cov fans were going towards the Morecambe fans, but thankfully, all were in unison! A great day for both clubs.

My post wasn’t intended as a dig at the stewards, it would have been pointless and confrontational to attempt to stop the drunken and drugged up idiots. But rather a dig at the ‘fans’ who thought they’d achieved something.

Nick

Administrator
The stewards confused me, they just moved out of the way to let people on

If we had a full house in the playoffs and we win it might be carnage.

Hobo

It was going to happen. Started with kids and then followed by adults. Yes idiots but no one was interested in the team lap of honour...the season is not over yet is it?

I thought the atmosphere in the ground deserved a better game to be honest. Lots of huff and puff in the heat but final ball was poor.

Nick

Administrator
It was going to happen. Started with kids and then followed by adults. Yes idiots but no one was interested in the team lap of honour...the season is not over yet is it?

I thought the atmosphere in the ground deserved a better game to be honest. Lots of huff and puff in the heat but final ball was poor.
It was always going to happen because they can't stop it. The stewards and the tannoy bloke didn't want to know.

If we had won 6-1 then at a push I could understand it, an awful 0-0 it's not worth the energy.

People were just strolling on.

I was tempted to go in and set a picnic up but had nothing on me :(

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone see the fat guy fighting the stewards as he lumbered over the hoardings?

Fucking idiot

In front of block 18/19, they stopped his mate so he went back for a scrap steward gave as good as he got then seemed to decide it wasn’t work it and let the bloke and his mate carry on.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

My post wasn’t intended as a dig at the stewards, it would have been pointless and confrontational to attempt to stop the drunken and drugged up idiots. But rather a dig at the ‘fans’ who thought they’d achieved something.

Apologies, that wasn’t my intention at all, just giving my 2p on their performance given my background!

I think it was pretty embarrassing, I’m happy we’ve finally made playoffs, but... it’s no big achievement nor was it even a nice surprise where the fans and players would want to celebrate in unison!

pusbccfc

Could get messy in the away leg at County if we get through

Why messy? Portsmouth invaded the pitch at Notts County when they got promoted last season.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Why messy? Portsmouth invaded the pitch at Notts County when they got promoted last season.

Genuine question- was that at the expense of county? I can’t remember.

I’d be fuming if we lost the the tie in the 2nd leg at the Ricoh and County ran on the pitch!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

juat kids celebrating seeing their team do half decent in the league for the first time mostly .
Give them a break
If it was just kids I would not mind no bother youthful enthusiasm don't the EFL would complain too much but there were people trying to climb over the barriers who were making a harder job than I would and I've walking on a fractured hip .If we got a big fine I for 1 would be very mad I think the club will have to take action before we end up with maybe playing games behind closed doors.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

An incident I noticed before the game started where a steward took a beach ball away at the Morecombe end when it came down the front the ball was not doing anyone any
harm yet let all and sundry on the pitch any of those could have been carrying something that that could have done damage to players or others on the pitch .We must stop these pitch invasions .I might like a killjoy but it will be too late when something happens.

Last edited:

italiahorse

An incident I noticed before the game started where a steward took a beach ball away at the Morecombe end when it came down the front the ball was not doing anyone any
harm yet let all and sundry on the pitch any of those could have been carrying something that that could have done damage to players or others on the pitch .We must stop these pitch invasions .I might like a killjoy but it will be too late when something happens.
The Ricoh will just resource more police and stewards for the home leg and charge the club accordingly.
Although it seemed a nice reaction to go over to the away fans it could have been so much different as in the Cup defeat at Sheffield United some years ago. Thankfully the stewards contained it then.
The guy with the flare has seen his last game for a few years.
It’s going to cost the club now so well done.

fatso

juat kids celebrating seeing their team do half decent in the league for the first time mostly .
Give them a break
They do it every season though, regardless of how we have done.
They plan to do it befor the games even started.
We should track them down and make sure they get season tickets for next season, that will teach the twats!!!

Stan

Just to put you straight, mate. The stewards in the Morecambe end didn't let any fans on the pitch......it was the stewards in the home end that did that! As for taking the ball away i'll agree it was a bit petty but stewards are instructed to remove any thing that comes down to pitch level.

letsallsingtogether

Apparently the first 3 rows are not going to be sold for the Notts County game.
Believe there will be netting in place there' a few thousand seats they can't sell.

stupot07

Apparently the first 3 rows are not going to be sold for the Notts County game.
Believe there will be netting in place there' a few thousand seats they can't sell.
I wouldn't be surprised if wasps tried to charge us for pitch maintenance as well. Oh well, just kids having some harmless fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Just to put you straight, mate. The stewards in the Morecambe end didn't let any fans on the pitch......it was the stewards in the home end that did that! As for taking the ball away i'll agree it was a bit petty but stewards are instructed to remove any thing that comes down to pitch level.
Put me right all you like I didn't say those particular stewards let the fans on not blaming the stewards for the fans coming on it was an impossible task they had . I sat the other end and watched people my age struggling to climb the advertising boards and being helped over by stewards They also helped people take photo's in the goalmouth . A beach ball in a group of fans will cause less damage than people coming onto a pitch with the possibility of them carrying a weapon and if people want us to play games behind closed doors let them carry on. It's not the first time tis has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread