Phone settings (1 Viewer)

Otis

I know this might sound a little inane, but just wondered how everyone has their settings on their phones as their standard defaults.
🤷

Yes, a little bored today. 🤪

I just have always picked up on little stuff, like the fact that every phone I have had, has had the factory default screen timeout being set at something ridiculous like 15 seconds, which just seems so impractical. Stuff like that.

Have always found that a bit annoying. Does anyone at all stick with that 15 second thing?

Normally I don't adjust much with phones and go with the factory defaults. Just minor tweaks, but I guess some change loads on theirs.

So just wondered how much everyone tinkers with the phones to individualise them for themselves.

For.l me, I set dark mode, high brightness and the screen timeout at between 1 and 2 mins.

Then, have auto rotate and location as standard. Always show the battery percentage.

Tend not to have NFC or Bluetooth switched on. That's about it.

Oh and always have the time and date at the top of the home screen in a large font.

Nuskyblue

I set all my fonts to small to get more on the screen and occasionally flick between factory wall papers but basically leave as is. I break them so frequently there is no point of fucking about

Otis

I set all my fonts to small to get more on the screen and occasionally flick between factory wall papers but basically leave as is. I break them so frequently there is no point of fucking about
I knew I wasn't the only sad bastard on here and that someone would reply at some point. 🤪

OffenhamSkyBlue

I knew I wasn't the only sad bastard on here and that someone would reply at some point. 🤪
Surprised you waited 36 hours without response before calling us all c*nts and flouncing off - thought that was de rigueur these days!

I tend to have the fonts and icons reasonably large due to ageing eyesight, but i set the screen lock time to much longer than the default.
I don't understand why app developers think it's fun to build-in differences to the same app for iPhone and Android - i have both (one is work) and the Twitter app on Android is truly shit compared to iPhone, and i have no idea why it can't be exactly the same!

I find no matter what i think i have changed the settings to, it always does something different. The worst is adaptive screen brightness on Samsung Galaxy A13 - i think this must mean it adapts so you can't see it in whatever light you want to operate in! Disabled that one!!

richnrg

I like to set my phone to Mandarin / Spanish / Russian etc a few months before going on a foreign trip, to save money on expensive language learning courses.

Otis

Oh and what's your record number of tabs open on your phone all at the same time?

My record is 72.

Otis

No, actually, that's a lie. I do remember a few years ago it came up at the top as 99+. 😱

I currently have 34 on the go.

Always have SBT open, plus the Telegraph site, plus National Rail live departures and Trainline and TrainPal. Then TFL and West Midlands Travel and Arriva buses.

I know, globetrotter. 🤪

Otis

My missus is looking to move too, so I have open, Zoopla, Rightmove, On The Market, Prime Location and a few independent estate agents.

Macca1987

My wife pointed out to me only last week when I was complaining my phone was running slow, that I should clear down the 60/70 tabs I had open, I said what the fuck are they and why didn't I know about it, I got the usual look of disgust and derision

Users who are viewing this thread