Phone call from CCFC (1 Viewer)

Tom's Dad

I just had a phone call from 'CCFC' asking if I'd like to renew my season ticket and discuss other packages. Very politely said 'No'.

Caller said the JR result may be known today. I'm sure he's confused with the CVA.

Anyone else had a call?

Tom's Dad

I said I couldn't pay money to a company when I didn't know who I was paying it to. He said that he understood and maybe they'd call back in a few weeks when the situation was clearer.

In fairness to the lad I got the impression he was just trying to sell tickets and doesn't know much about the business.

fernandopartridge

I said I couldn't pay money to a company when I didn't know who I was paying it to. He said that he understood and maybe they'd call back in a few weeks when the situation was clearer.

In fairness to the lad I got the impression he was just trying to sell tickets and doesn't know much about the business.

Did you know which company you were paying in previous years then?

Tom's Dad

Haven't a clue. Always thought I was paying the football club, although now know there is no clarity over what is the football club. With one being in administration why possibly give money to become another creditor?

J

Jack Griffin

Did you know which company you were paying in previous years then?

There was a VAT number on the ticket stubs.. which is linked to a company.

It was always 655 1339 37, so if anyone ha a receipt & has a different number then please post it.

BBSB

Coventry City Football Club Limited registered in England & Wales No.3056875 Vat No. 655133937

singers_pore

I just had a phone call from 'CCFC' asking if I'd like to renew my season ticket and discuss other packages. Very politely said 'No'.

Caller said the JR result may be known today. I'm sure he's confused with the CVA.

Anyone else had a call?

They probably phoned you because you live in Northampton. Glad to hear you're standing firm. See you in December for an away game. :D

skybluepm2

Yeah I had two missed calls from a blocked number on Saturday evening and answered the 3rd. Caught me on the hop so asked him to call back today...now prepared to unleash a barrage of abuse. I've been accusing my mates all weekend but now I believe it's genuine. Although, I still have my suspicions. Where could they be based? Why are they calling off a 'blocked' number? Why would I actually renew? Is it Til Fisher in disguise?

Interestingly the guy who called said that they were calling from 'Coventry City Limited'....

Si80

Yeah I had two missed calls from a blocked number on Saturday evening and answered the 3rd. Caught me on the hop so asked him to call back today...now prepared to unleash a barrage of abuse. I've been accusing my mates all weekend but now I believe it's genuine. Although, I still have my suspicions. Where could they be based? Why are they calling off a 'blocked' number? Why would I actually renew? Is it Til Fisher in disguise?

Interestingly the guy who called said that they were calling from 'Coventry City Limited'....

A lot of businesses call from behind blocked numbers. I know my company does when we call out to customers.

If it's the office / shop staff that are making the calls then I'd guess that they're based out at Ryton as it either there or working off of the barrow in Tescos for those staff at the moment.

TheRoyalScam

In other words you were called by a non trading property subsidiary that has no assets, isn't a football club and is in administration and they asked you for money to watch a football club playing 35 miles away?

McLovin87

Talking of wind-ups, my dad said the priest at St John Fisher (who is a massive City fan) started receiving phone calls asking if it was true that he would be moving to a parish in Northampton. Apparently another priest spread the rumour that there was a parish in Northampton that needed a priest and his name had been put forward.

Spionkop

Yep, the priest at St. John Fisher is a truly massive fan of City. For years. Very nice bloke. Has been known to rearrange mass times to get to games!

McLovin87

He's a top bloke and I've spoken to him a few times and he is gutted at what is going on.

He used to be priest in the parish of Aston and was glad to get the gig over here!

McLovin87

all very interesting im sure, but are we going to have a thread about every individual supporter

Why not, it's a slow news day at the moment.

Last edited:

jesus-wept

I remember seeing him and 3 other priests travelling to Sheffield for the Leeds semi-final with their little car draped in scarves. I think his name is Father Tarbuck, not sure on that though.

Sky Blue Pete

I repeat anyone that buys a ticket at the moment must be insane or rich. There is no guarantee of any games and certainly no guarantee of a competitive squad

J

Jack Griffin

A lot of businesses call from behind blocked numbers. I know my company does when we call out to customers.

If it's the office / shop staff that are making the calls then I'd guess that they're based out at Ryton as it either there or working off of the barrow in Tescos for those staff at the moment.

I was in Tesco this morning, 3 women working on the stand, sitting down having a chat, I did not see any customers.

Si80

I was in Tesco this morning, 3 women working on the stand, sitting down having a chat, I did not see any customers.

Yep, we have a family friend who works in the "shop". They hire a van every morning and evening to ferry the stock between Ryton and Tescos... absolute dire set up.

J

Jack Griffin

Yep, we have a family friend who works in the "shop". They hire a van every morning and evening to ferry the stock between Ryton and Tescos... absolute dire set up.

No way they cover their costs then, 3 staff x 8 hours and van and stand hire. You'd have to sell a lot of shirts to cover that & I think they only had last years stock, I saw Citylink logo & they no longer sponsor the club.

I'd guess they turnover less than £1000/week & pay something like £300-400 per day for the set up.

If the club was staying in Coventry I'm sure they'd make a decent profit as the goodwill would be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Anyone else had a call?

I have to say, I feel sorry for the person asked to make these calls. It's obviously some poor soul trying to do their job, and they'll have - doubtless - have been subject to all sorts of abuse. OP, notwithstanding, naturally!

They're in the front-line of a battle not of their making

letsallsingtogether

No way they cover their costs then, 3 staff x 8 hours and van and stand hire. You'd have to sell a lot of shirts to cover that & I think they only had last years stock, I saw Citylink logo & they no longer sponsor the club.

I'd guess they turnover less than £1000/week & pay something like £300-400 per day for the set up.

If the club was staying in Coventry I'm sure they'd make a decent profit as the goodwill would be there.

Yes we were told that City had signed a deal for a new shop in Coventry and it would open within weeks? that was at one of the forums but as usual they probably have to pick from 3 with 2 being the preferred ones but with 5 back ups just in case, and maybe they have signed a 5 year deal at Tesco, and there is a heavy penalty if they break the contract :thinking about:

McLovin87

Yes we were told that City had signed a deal for a new shop in Coventry and it would open within weeks? that was at one of the forums but as usual they probably have to pick from 3 with 2 being the preferred ones but with 5 back ups just in case, and maybe they have signed a 5 year deal at Tesco, and there is a heavy penalty if they break the contract :thinking about:

I was speaking to one of the women on the stall and she said the new shop would be in the Gallagher Retail Park.

theferret

Isn't the new unit going to be at Gallagher Park?

Edit: just seen post above.

TheRoyalScam

Google 'Gallagher Retail Park' - go to page 4 - pdf available of three new 'kiosks' planned - should be ready in 3-5 years.

theferret

Google 'Gallagher Retail Park' - go to page 4 - pdf available of three new 'kiosks' planned - should be ready in 3-5 years.

Wasn't the plan to take over an existing unit that is vacant? Wasn't it the old Comet store? Just repeating what I've heard though.

skybluepm2

Surely it'll be in Northampton?! No-one's going to buy diddly squat if it's over here!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they've signed a stupid deal to shop share..pull out the merchandise from Timmy's boot before matchdays (Sundays!)

Tom's Dad

You obviously haven't seen the size of the Cobblers shop. It's not much bigger than the front room in your average terraced house.
My guess is they'll have a van trying to sell stuff out the back. A yellow 3 wheeler springs to mind!!

covcity4life

0f06article-2360513-1AC2FE1A000005DC-233_634x400.jpg

sisu out lol

Users who are viewing this thread