Peter Ndlovu (1 Viewer)

Hobo

He was a fantastic talent, pacy and skilful. He perhaps lacked composure in front of goal and didn't have a strike rate that matched the talent. But boy oh boy when he scored they were usually something special.

stupot07

One of the greats for modern ccfc fans. Up there with keane and macca that's for sure

Better than Keane and macca for me. Keane was awesome but only here for 1 year, macca only really delivered in that season too. Nuddy gave us 6 years of joy, the archetypical player would get you out of your seat everytime be got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

hill83

Just before my time before I properly got into football ahead of athletics. But he was the first name on the back of my shirt.

rondog1973

Not a great goal scorer, but a scorer of great goals.

Definitely, the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen in a Cov shirt, and maybe even in English football....

The Lurker

Not a great goal scorer, but a scorer of great goals.

Definitely, the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen in a Cov shirt, and maybe even in English football....

Will never forget that day at selhurst park against Wimbledon! On the pitch 3 times and twice because of his great goals

CJ_covblaze

My first sky blue hero. Even though I wasn't very old I couldn't believe we had someone so good playing for us.

Astute

Nuddy is one of my all time favourites. You would never know what he would do next. And he was doing it against the best opponents. He would take on and beat half of the opposition just as much as he would just beat a couple and suddenly let fly from distance and score. We were lucky to have him and lucky to keep him for so long.

tomreagna

My hero growing up, lacked consistency, but scored some great goals. To be honest though, I think the league was much weaker back in the 90's. By today's standards, I'm not sure he'd stand out so much, probably a squad player for a lower prem team. I'd still have him in the Cov side though.

Last edited:

mrtrench

I think he was amazing when he first arrived. I remember seeing one stunning goal but have never seen it again since, perhaps someone remembers which game it is and Deano has a copy? I recall it being wet but it may not have been so. The ball is played across the goal, about one foot from the goal line and one foot off the ground. Nuddy throws himself horizontally at the ball and scores at the far post with a diving header. This as I recall was one of the goals he scored in his first season with us.

I also however think he faded badly - and not helped by the tactics of hoofing the ball up aimlessly every game & just assuming that he would win it with his pace.

Terry Gibson's perm

He would have been a great player in this league! He would be a top player at a top six side prem side as he would be very protected by refs instead of when he played he was up against people like Vinny Jones and also very few modern players tackle they just block.

May have been one of our best ever signings at 10k and also added greatly to the amount of people in the city!

In the top five players I have seen play for us.

Qwerty70

Hat Trick @ Anfield, how many visiting players have done that ?
Wasn't overcoached like so many now, played what he saw and not to an ingrained dull decision making system. Quick, agile and skillful. In modern market 10 million plus player.

blueboy30

Better than Keane and macca for me. Keane was awesome but only here for 1 year, macca only really delivered in that season too. Nuddy gave us 6 years of joy, the archetypical player would get you out of your seat everytime be got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Never forget the roar at highfield road when he got the ball at his feet and launched a counter attack.modt exciting player we've had in my era

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Wasn't overcoached like so many now, played what he saw and not to an ingrained dull decision making system. Quick, agile and skillful. In modern market 10 million plus player.

When you look at the price some rubbish modern players move for I would say he would have been worth 30 million plus.

slowdave

When you look at the price some rubbish modern players move for I would say he would have been worth 30 million plus.

When I watch Raheem Sterling I'm reminded of Nuddy - wonderful feet, beautiful goals, often frustrating but unbelievable potential.

Happy memories of his goal away at West Brom in the cup (Boing Boing Bag of Sh!t) and him on the left and the flying postie on the right - happy times

RegTheDonk

When I watch Raheem Sterling I'm reminded of Nuddy - wonderful feet, beautiful goals, often frustrating but unbelievable potential.

Happy memories of his goal away at West Brom in the cup (Boing Boing Bag of Sh!t) and him on the left and the flying postie on the right - happy times

Yes, bloody cold night that was. If memory serves me right - Yams giving it the "you're sh*t and you know you are" crap when we were 1-0 down with 10 men. Dublin's equaliser and then that run from the half way line by Nuddy, cracking finish from a tight angle. Heaven!

Didn't Snoz call him a black George Best or something like that?

letsallsingtogether

Yes we had some excitement in them days a no shit to think about......

We need them back.

Hobo

His long range goal at WBA in the mid week cup replay, that saved us going to extra time was a bullet!

johnwillomagic

As I said in a previous post the West Brom goal he scored sticks out in my mind.....prob my fave player!
Him and Willo did well soft spot too for the flying postman hence my username - made most of his attributes!!

orig skyblue87

Yeh that was a great game and performance from the lads, even the scousers were talking about it in the pub after the game. I remember seeing the highlights a few days later and you could see the Lpool fans in the Kop actually applauding, fair play to them

rondog1973

I think he was amazing when he first arrived. I remember seeing one stunning goal but have never seen it again since, perhaps someone remembers which game it is and Deano has a copy? I recall it being wet but it may not have been so. The ball is played across the goal, about one foot from the goal line and one foot off the ground. Nuddy throws himself horizontally at the ball and scores at the far post with a diving header. This as I recall was one of the goals he scored in his first season with us.

I also however think he faded badly - and not helped by the tactics of hoofing the ball up aimlessly every game & just assuming that he would win it with his pace.
That sounds to me like Sheff Wed away, a midweek away game we won 2-1 in our acid house inspired red kit. He scored at the Kop end and even their fans applauded it.

He was further out than one foot though, more like 10 yards from goal IIRC.

skybluelee

THink you're talking about Sheff Weds away. Can't remember what season it was, prob 92/93 or 93/94.

skybluelee

That sounds to me like Sheff Wed away, a midweek away game we won 2-1 in our acid house inspired red kit. He scored at the Kop end and even their fans applauded it.

He was further out than one foot though, more like 10 yards from goal IIRC.

Oh beat me to it!

skybluelee

My favourite will always be the goal against Norwich in front of the old Spion Kop in 92. They were top, we were second, and it was the main match on MOTD. Finished 1-1. He left Bryan Gunn on his arse with a little feint and then dinked it passed him. Lovely stuff.

Also his goal v Everton at Goodison in the same season. He picked the ball up from the edge of our box, ran 80 yards and scored (via a deflection admittedly).

Joy Division

My first ever Cov hero. Being a 10 year old and in awe of such a skillful player playing for my team. One of only two Cov players in my memory that made the entire crowd stand on their feet in excitement and anticipation that something was going to happen when he got the ball.

Joy Division

Also, I remember a cracking goal at home to Wimbledon in about 94. Took the ball on the right wing and cut inside, hammered it home from about 25 yards infront of the west end.

Users who are viewing this thread