Peter Bankes needs investigating (1 Viewer)

Otis

The difference with cricket is the camera is facing directly down the pitch, enabling a true line of flight of the ball, the only way to be sure if Haji was onside would be to have a camera directly at 90 degrees to the pitch. Obviously that will never be the case, but maybe a 'flying eye' style one might have kept up with pace with the game, and given a birdseye view over the pitch
Yeah, I was thinking that. Like they have in American Football.

robbiethemole

Yeah, I was thinking that. Like they have in American Football.
there's so much money sloshing around in footy, surely they should have the best tech money can buy, not rely on outdated, manipulatable equipment, an old Polaroid would be more accurate than the crap used on Sunday

shepardo01

Has anyone actually come out and proved it was actually offside because from the photos I’ve seen there’s nothing that proves even his toe is offside, can’t get it changed but at least get it explained, can’t they ask for at least the audio to be released ?
No!
Quite a few people are just lapping up the incorrectly drawn lines (the one over AWBs foot) and saying, ahh, it was so close but he is offside be a toe-nail.....
When he wasn't bloody offside!!!

Ashdown

Fuck this Bankes cheat, he will know it, his family and friends will know it. He is just another in a long line of gutless wankers leaned on by big business to favour the super rich. Soulless individual who will have to live with his actions, I hope some conscience weevil fucks his brain up the prick !

messiahrobins

Fuck this Bankes cheat, he will know it, his family and friends will know it. He is just another in a long line of gutless wankers leaned on by big business to favour the super rich. Soulless individual who will have to live with his actions, I hope some conscience weevil fucks his brain up the prick !
Best post on here since Sunday.

Mcbean

You can’t rock the FA boat or we will
Suffer for it and there’s a lot of people doing it without the club being involved - let’s see where it takes us - sadly there have been a number of similar instances in the Prem -should there be any investigation it will open a massive can of worms which the FA / Prem couldn’t survive and there’s a lot of very rich people who have a lot to lose

Frank Sidebottom

Screenshot_20240419_201632_Facebook.jpg
Not sure about Peter Bankes, But this is the ref from Sunday Rob Jones opening a new flower shop in Marple on Friday..... I did hear a rumour that Peter may have cut the ribbon on a new Vape shop in Stretford on Saturday Morning.... but sadly I don't have any evidence of that.

Robinshio

So the ref that gave us the penalty and didn’t call the goal offside…?
the only poor decision from the ref was to not send their keeper off
he had 2 opportunities
1. Directly after the booking, he should have walked
2, in the penalties, because he effectively told the ref he was going to cheat, and then did in my mind is a red card offence as it was so premediated

usskyblue

There really isn’t a conspiracy, it’s the technology and the implementation that’s the issue.

This Hackett interview is very enlightening. VAR can’t accurately determine offsides as close as a toenail because the system being used simply doesn’t have that level of accuracy

chiefdave

There really isn’t a conspiracy, it’s the technology and the implementation that’s the issue.

This Hackett interview is very enlightening. VAR can’t accurately determine offsides as close as a toenail because the system being used simply doesn’t have that level of accuracy
This is the key thing for me. I've been saying since they brought it in the maths doesn't add up. You simply can't get the level of accuracy they're using it for.

Quite surprised this hasn't been picked up on more over the last few years as is something factual rather than claiming the officials are useless or there's a conspiracy against certain clubs.

Gynnsthetonic

So you go to the refs initial desicion as its to close to call, VaR wasn't intended for these millimetre/millisecond desicions, The club should be challenging this and want the decision reversed, compo being offered and a final place at the expense of Man U and we say fuck off but we'll take the money though and it gets global recognition

Sick Boy

So you go to the refs initial desicion as its to close to call, VaR wasn't intended for these millimetre/millisecond desicions, The club should be challenging this and want the decision reversed, compo being offered and a final place at the expense of Man U and we say fuck off but we'll take the money though and it gets global recognition
I doubt the club will do anything to challenge it at this point.

Gynnsthetonic

I doubt the club will do anything to challenge it at this point.
They're very quiet, I wouldn't want to be reinstated, the moment has gone, challenge it and I'm sure a lot of clubs will be behind us, VaR light is the way forward on clear and obvious desicions only

HadjiChippo

That offside still irks me, but I’d never want to see the club going down the legal route to try and get an outcome out of this (more competition money or final place etc.,)

We’ve seen numerous times with decisions worse than that one that nothing gets done, and eventually just puts the club in a bad light (look at the criticism Forest are getting right now for exploring a public challenge to VAR decisions, and Liverpool got for asking for a replay). I’ve seen almost complete unity across all (non Man U) fans all over the world that we were robbed or deserved the final, no need to sour it by looking like chancers/victims feeling hard done by, or vindictively going after the referees/officials.

Gynnsthetonic

That offside still irks me, but I’d never want to see the club going down the legal route to try and get an outcome out of this (more competition money or final place etc.,)

We’ve seen numerous times with decisions worse than that one that nothing gets done, and eventually just puts the club in a bad light (look at the criticism Forest are getting right now for exploring a public challenge to VAR decisions, and Liverpool got for asking for a replay). I’ve seen almost complete unity across all (non Man U) fans all over the world that we were robbed or deserved the final, no need to sour it by looking like chancers/victims feeling hard done by, or vindictively going after the referees/officials.
You've just had a referee say it's inconclusive and impossible to call, someone has to make a stand sooner or later.
Offer us a place in the Europa sheild as compensation

HadjiChippo

You've just had a referee say it's inconclusive and impossible to call, someone has to make a stand sooner or later.
Offer us a place in the Europa sheild as compensation
That’s never happening. What compensation do you give the side who we replace? (England can’t be given an extra European place arbitrarily)

It’s over. Offsides are already changing next season, we just have to accept that VAR likely fucked us out of a final, but a different referee on a different day doesn’t give the 93 min pen and we probably lose 3-2. Swings and roundabouts.

edgy

We need to move on. Nothing will happen.

Just make sure it is brought up loud & clear in the build up to our next match at Wembley. Just so it's fresh in everyone's mind.

MalcSB

Having just listened to Keith Hackett, there is no way that the on field decision should have been overturned given the technology available.

Old Warwickshire lad

We let it go now. Every real football fan in the country knows who won, but that’s it.
We have another important game tonight, so let’s get on with it. PUSB

MalcSB

That’s never happening. What compensation do you give the side who we replace? (England can’t be given an extra European place arbitrarily)

It’s over. Offsides are already changing next season, we just have to accept that VAR likely fucked us out of a final, but a different referee on a different day doesn’t give the 93 min pen and we probably lose 3-2. Swings and roundabouts.
The penalty was a penalty. Seen by the Referee and would have been reviewed by VAR and not overturned.

messiahrobins

The hand ball was a stonewall penalty lol.
This was corruption of the highest order, but the good thing is now, and largely due to Nottingham Forest, fans now think VAR is corrupt, so good luck to the PL and FA from now on. They brought their own problems

Users who are viewing this thread