PCR test advice (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Flying to Tenerife just under two weeks, I will now have to sort out a PCR test when coming home.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what company to use?

greys4life

For the last 2 hols we've used https://nwp-online.co.uk/ . We had to have a PCR to get into Mauritius and literally went to their doorstep picked up the test kits and did them there and then in the car park, we also picked up our day 2 tests at the same time. Used them before when we went to Portugal, very quick with the results and the fact with us being in Rugby there was no need to rely on the post.

Mr Panda

We used chronomics - they are the company TUI use.

They send you a test a few days before departure and the one you do when you get back will arrive within a few days of your arrival.

Had a decent experience with them. Nice and easy to do and record

OffenhamSkyBlue

Don't forget you now need an LFT test before leaving Tenerife and a PCR test before Day 2 after your arrival.
I would highly recommend Chronomics for the LFT, and have used Randox for the Day 2 PCRs. I don't know what Chronomics are charging for PCRs but they seem to work well, so may be an alternative to Randox. Your airline may have a discount code for a fiver off Randox (£43 instead of £48).

jimmyhillsfanclub

Just curious but do you take the swab sample yourself for the Lateral flow tests before flying?

If so, surely thats a virtually pointless excercise as I'm sure not many folks try too hard to get a good sample & then risk being stranded abroad at your own cost, potentially for weeks on end.........surely most will skip/fake it to ensure getting home & then just do a proper PCR when home?

BodicoteSkyBlue

I’ve been in Belgium working for two weeks, travel home tomorrow. I’ve had three tests while here & they’ve all been nasel swabs.
€50 a go too!!

robbiekeane

Flying to Tenerife just under two weeks, I will now have to sort out a PCR test when coming home.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what company to use?
Eurofins is a solid and reputable lab my company uses for finished goods & environmental testing etc. Won’t be the cheapest on the list, thing it’s £50 for the day 2 PCR home delivered.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I got my negative PCR result back from Randox (£48) by 6pm the day after depositing the tests at their dropbox location. Great service

SBAndy

Also used Randox when I went abroad. From a pure cost perspective your best bet is visiting the below link:

However, logistics are also likely to play a part and it’s worthwhile checking the procedures for getting the test back to where it needs to be. I was fortunate in that Randox has a drop-off in Leicester near where my sister lives.

LastGarrison

I also used Randox and make sure you Google relevant discount codes.

From memory I used a Ryan Air discount code which, I think, knocked a fiver off each test even though I wasn’t flying with them.

Kieranp96

Eurofins is a solid and reputable lab my company uses for finished goods & environmental testing etc. Won’t be the cheapest on the list, thing it’s £50 for the day 2 PCR home delivered.
I second wurofins they're good especially in person, just note if you cancel you have to pay a £15 fee

Users who are viewing this thread