PC help (1 Viewer)

Marty

Bascially I want to play a game and done a test to see if i could but it says i can't,

Can someone tell me if it's a problem........ If it is, could somebody recommend a cheap upgrade.

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 49

Marty

Thank you, don't suppose you could recommend anything, just had a quick look and haven't a clue what to go for.

hughescov

I think upgrading to the Radeon 5 series would work. Not overly sure on which are compatible not compatible. If any. Radeon 5450 looks cheap and decent!

Coventry La La La

I think upgrading to the Radeon 5 series would work. Not overly sure on which are compatible not compatible. If any. Radeon 5450 looks cheap and decent!

Wouldn't recommend the 5450 from experience, not enough stream processors to run many games on the market.

I'd recommend the ATI Radeon / Sapphire 5/6 series (6570, 6670 are good mid-range cards) The 7 series comes out soon, not sure if it will be worth waiting for.

When buying a new graphics card check your power supply unit (PSU) to check if it has the recommended power for the graphics card your looking to run on your computer, if it doesn't and you've found the card your interested in you may have to buy a new psu, it's best to check what power supply unit is recommended by the manufacturer which will run your card.

ATI Radeon - 6570 http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...d-6570/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6570-overview.aspx

ATI Radeon 6670 http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...d-6670/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6670-overview.aspx

Marty

Sorry to bring this thread up again, got about £50 to spend, ready to buy and fit. I just need someone to say this is the best card for the money and that's that. Thank you.

Nick

Administrator
Yep so you have a PCI Express x16 slot according to the spec.

I just did a price comparison for PCI Express Radeons and you can see them here

You can pretty much see what you can get for £50.

If you wanted to spend a fiver more you could get the Radeon HD6570 :)

Marty

Cheers Nick, I'm going to order the HD6570, only £53 on ebuyer.

May need to upgrade my CPU, RAM & PSU soon to.

Marty

My PSU is a ATX-300-12Z, which is 300W according to google, do I need to upgrade that too?

Marty

Fitted my new PSU today, everything seems to be working ok, except for one thing, my fan for the PSU was on the back, now it's facing the graphics card, but the new graphics card I've ordered has a fan on it too. Will they be working against each other or are they meant to be like that? If it's a problem could someone recommend me a solution, cheap as possible, already £50 over what I wanted to spend.

Just waiting for the new graphics card to turn up, then the next upgrade will be a SSD running the OS, with everything else on the current HDD. :D

Coventry La La La

Fitted my new PSU today, everything seems to be working ok, except for one thing, my fan for the PSU was on the back, now it's facing the graphics card, but the new graphics card I've ordered has a fan on it too. Will they be working against each other or are they meant to be like that? If it's a problem could someone recommend me a solution, cheap as possible, already £50 over what I wanted to spend.

Just waiting for the new graphics card to turn up, then the next upgrade will be a SSD running the OS, with everything else on the current HDD. :D

Could you try fitting it so the fan faces the same way as the last one? don't want it blowing hot air into your machine if it's not facing the right way.

Marty

It doesn't fit in any other way. Everything is lined up correctly and is fitted correct so i'm not sure if it's a (major) design fault or meant to be like that and is blowing air out the back. I literally can't feel anything either side of the fan to tell if it's blowing in or out.

Coventry La La La

It doesn't fit in any other way. Everything is lined up correctly and is fitted correct so i'm not sure if it's a (major) design fault or meant to be like that and is blowing air out the back. I literally can't feel anything either side of the fan to tell if it's blowing in or out.

sounds alright :), the fan on the graphics card is never a powerful unit as they don't really need one, also if it will be your first time installing one watch some youtube guides.

Marty

Cheers. I think I'll be alright, it looks like it's just a latch and then pop it out.

Marty

I need some Zip ties, just had an error come up telling me to shut down to prevent damage, looked inside and one of the cables was sat blocking the fan from moving. :facepalm:

Marty

It's came and it's fitted. It was a piece of piss. Although my computer is now running really slow.

Marty

How do I find out what motherboard I have?

Coventry La La La

How do I find out what motherboard I have?

Below is a short listing of each of the different methods of determining the motherboard in your computer.

If the motherboard is in a working computer there are several different free software programs capable of determining the motherboard in the computer.
Unfortunately, without any documentation, determining the manufacturer or model of a motherboard can be cumbersome if the above software solutions do not work. If you have lost your documentation or your computer did not included any documentation, you can open the computer and visually inspect the motherboard for a manufacturer and model. In many cases, computer hardware, expansion cards, and cables need to be disconnected or removed before you can inspect all portions of the motherboard.

When looking at the motherboard, the model number or manufacturer is usually on a white sticker or a silk screen on the very edge of the motherboard that will have a manufacturer, model, or part number that can be searched for additional information about the motherboard.

Need to determine the chipset and not the motherboard.
If you are looking for additional information about the type or form factor of the motherboard, see the motherboard help page or form factor definition for additional information about each of the motherboard form factors and information on how to distinguish the form factor.

If you are unable to locate a manufacturer or model number of the motherboard, but are able to locate a FCC identification number, it is recommended that you perform a FCC search using that number. Additional information about FCC numbers and how to search for information about a FCC number can be found on our FCC dictionary definition page.

Hope it helps. :)

Marty

dutchman

Thank you, Do you know if it supports SSD?

Probably. It supports SATA 2 (3Gb/s) but many of today's drives are SATA 3 (6Gb/s) which usually claim to be backwards-compatible with SATA 2 but this can sometimes depend on which chipset is fitted to the motherboard.

The whole thing can be very hit and miss.

Users who are viewing this thread