Pay on the gate at walsall? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueDaz

Does anyone know whether tickets will be available on the gate monday? Cheers

Swiftlyon

Whilst you can't now book over the phone for the game at our place on Monday you can still go to our ticket office and buy seats for your end. Means a bit of a trek up the M6 but it's not the ends of the earth. Still quite a few left apparently - it's as though you've got other things on your mind.

jon92

just confirmed you can buy tickets on the gate no more ticket sales over the phone.

Coventry City fans have to buy tickets for the match in person from the ticket office...

Coventry City fans can buy tickets for the Bank Holiday Monday match against Walsall from the Bank's Stadium Ticket Office.

Tickets can no longer be bought over the phone but have to be brought in person from the Bescot Stadium.

Walsall's ticket office is open all week from 9.00am to 4.30pm including Good Friday and on Saturday from 11.00am to 2.00pm.

The fixture is an all ticket game for away supporters and there will be no collection facility for away supporters on the day of the game.

Tickets are priced at:-

£21.00 Adults
£15.00 Senior Citizens (Over 60)
£15.00 Junior (Under 18)

theferret

just confirmed you can buy tickets on the gate no more ticket sales over the phone.

Coventry City fans have to buy tickets for the match in person from the ticket office...

Coventry City fans can buy tickets for the Bank Holiday Monday match against Walsall from the Bank's Stadium Ticket Office.

Tickets can no longer be bought over the phone but have to be brought in person from the Bescot Stadium.

Walsall's ticket office is open all week from 9.00am to 4.30pm including Good Friday and on Saturday from 11.00am to 2.00pm.

The fixture is an all ticket game for away supporters and there will be no collection facility for away supporters on the day of the game.

Tickets are priced at:-

£21.00 Adults
£15.00 Senior Citizens (Over 60)
£15.00 Junior (Under 18)

You've got that wrong, NO tickets on the gate, you can get them from Walsall in advance but not on the day of the game itself.

theferret

You can buy at ground, they give you a ticket before you walk round to our stand.

No. Just called them, there are 100% no tickets available on the gate or from the ticket office on the day of the game. You have to purchase them in person at Walsall by 2pm on Saturday.

shropshirecov

Who in their right mind is gonna drive up to Walsall in advance just to buy a ticket? I know it's not that far, but whats the point really.

What is the problem with just saying you can buy from Walsall on the day?

WFC

Such thing have to be agreed with Police and effect the categorisation of the game and therefore police and stewarding requirements as well as staffing requirements in ticket office etc. If this were to effect policing requirements could cost WFC 10's of thousands to do so at such short notice.

shropshirecov

Such thing have to be agreed with Police and effect the categorisation of the game and therefore police and stewarding requirements as well as staffing requirements in ticket office etc. If this were to effect policing requirements could cost WFC 10's of thousands to do so at such short notice.

Always been able to pay on the gate at Leicester, no offence to walsall but you're hardly a high catagory game whoever you play. And see the Leeds Utd vs West Yorks police case for liabilty of policing costs. 10's of thousands of pounds in extra stadium policing if Coventry fans can buy tickets on the day. Hillarious fella.

WFC

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between running a club like Leicester and Walsall. I could go through the entire system for categorisation, the factors taken into account and the associated costs depending on where just stewarding, small police presence or category A policing if you like but that would be going off topic. Categorising of games does not just depend on the profile of the clubs involved.

theferret

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between running a club like Leicester and Walsall. I could go through the entire system for categorisation, the factors taken into account and the associated costs depending on where just stewarding, small police presence or category A policing if you like but that would be going off topic. Categorising of games does not just depend on the profile of the clubs involved.

But we're not talking about that. We're simply asking why we cannot book tickets over the phone and collect them on the day. We're only talking about a few hundred as most people have their tickets already. You're turning down up to £10,000 for the sake of paying ONE person to hand out a few tickets for a couple of hours on Monday.

WFC

If you're just talking about pick up as opposed to pay on the day, then that's different and I would have hoped that we would have been able to accommodate that. The only reason not to be able to would be the concern of how many that would entail given the bare bones staffing levels we have to operate to in order to be able to survive and compete at this level with crowds of 3.5k while only spending what revenue we bring in.

I know that sounds incredible but that's the harsh reality of managing on a break even budget whilst others in the same league spend above their means. That's not having a pop at you guys, it's a comment on football finance as a whole and how it needs to be brought under control to stop the sort of things you guys are having to suffer from happening.

In terms of us we're talking.about all sorts of people in the club having to do multiple jobs that other clubs would have dedicated staff for. It may be something you guys will have to get used to for awhile to a lesser degree if you don't want to repeat this episode in your history. That's why for us to be competing neck and neck with you guys underlines what a superb job our club is doing at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

It underlines how terribly run we have been that we're even in this division with little chance of getting out of it. The current situation has been inflicted not through a lack of cash but through the pig headedness of the board-or, as it seems, SISU investors.

If Mr Yankee Doodle can orchestrate a takeover that unifies the club and ACL into one entity then fantastic.

WFC

Tend to agree. A lot of people say that any business is only interested in making a profit and so the good of a club will always come secondary but I don't think that is true. There are lots of businesses out there that yes are interested in making a profit but do so in a socially responsible way , investing in communities because it makes good commercial sense in the long run and is the right way to go about things. Unfortunately with the way vast sums of money have been allowed to come into the game and dictate the agenda for football it has led to a situation where in the main the only people that it can now attract are either people who don't care about the club and fans just the money or supposedly sensible business men who fancy the status of owning a club but forget all business sense in pursuing their dream or as soon as they come under pressure from fans for success.

Unfortunately hedge funds are the ultimate expression of the former.

This doesn't just extend to clubs though but is also true of those now running the game. All this has taken clubs out of the reach of the rich local business man with a real interest in clubs and so now everyone looks for some rich sugar daddy to keep throwing more and more money in regardless of the loses and just expects them to right all that off when they've got bored.

At the end of the day there are 92 teams in the league and they can't all be successful at the same time even if all were being managed well and responsibly.

Until we get rid of the suits and media types at the top of the game and get people with the good of the game at heart in and fans stop making ridiculous calls for more and more investment when things are not going so well no matter what the cost then I'm afraid your story is destined to be repeated again and again across the leagues.

I wouldn't wish it on you guys but I often think it will take some well known, perceived big club to actually go out of existence to bring everyone to their senses. Was rather hoping it was going to be Leeds.

Last edited:

Baginton

The Bescot holds 11,500 and the average attendance is around the 5k mark

give us the away end and one of the side stands, cram the home fans behind the goal

why cant it just be pay on the day, the same with Crawley ? too easy! :facepalm:

and for that reason.... i'm out.

Last edited:

WFC

give us the away end and one of the side stands, cram the home fans behind the goal

why cant it just be pay on the day, the same with Crawley ? too easy! :facepalm:

Read above so I don't sound like an echo, that's why. Don't want to sound like a bit of an arse but it's your club that have screwed up, your club that have taken all your ticket facilities away, your club that aren't answering the phone and they should be looking after you far, far Better. You can't expect to visit all your problems on us. We can't be running around trying to change things for a few hundred Cov fans. We're prepping for another game in between and ticket office staff are dealing with issuing out early bird season tickets.

Surely you should be demanding that your club should be sorting things out for you, though I appreciate you might as well shout at a wall. Suggest a few of you roll up at wherever they are and demand action. Perhaps this is something your Trust can do. You still have ticket office staff, they are not involved in all the other dealings so what the hell are they doing.

Last edited:

Stafford_SkBlue

They have moved all their season ticket holders out of the side stand to give to us. We have been allocated the away end and a side stand.
Only problem we in admin and don't have a functional ticket office anymore. Suspect Police decision not to sell tickets on the day.
I'm sure Walsall would like to sell as many tickets as possible as its revenue. 3,000 = approx £50k after concessions and vat, and the hazzle they have had in moving their supporters.
Portsmouth have had the same problem.

Stafford_SkBlue

Can any one change the title to this thread as it could mislead supporters in thinking they can pay on the day!!!

Last edited:

shropshirecov

Can any one change the title to this thread as it could mislead supporters in thinking they can pay on the day!!!

You probably will be able to they just won't announce it.

Like an above poster says, they've given us behind the goal and down the side, fair play to them for that, they didn't have to. It's just A couple of weeks back it looked like we'd be in the mix of the play offs and there was obviously a worry that with it being bank holiday and bearing in mind how many we took to MK if they said pay on the day, loads of City would turn up, more than the away capacity, so they made this decision. All this about cost, category and staffing is bollox.

theferret

They have moved all their season ticket holders out of the side stand to give to us. We have been allocated the away end and a side stand.
Only problem we in admin and don't have a functional ticket office anymore. Suspect Police decision not to sell tickets on the day.
I'm sure Walsall would like to sell as many tickets as possible as its revenue. 3,000 = approx £50k after concessions and vat, and the hazzle they have had in moving their supporters.
Portsmouth have had the same problem.

That's right, but having done that, why are they not interested in selling tickets? POTD is one thing, but calling in advance and collecting on the day is easy, plus they'd know exactly how many people were collecting so it would be no hassle and police would know exact numbers in advance. Pay some spotty youth £20 to hand out tickets that would make the club several thousand pounds? Isn't that a no-brainer?

It isn't beyond the wit of man to achieve this for heavens sake. Can't believe people are defending Walsall for this nonsense position and coming out with this patronising stuff about staffing levels. They are a multi-million pound company who are in the business of selling tickets for football matches. People want to buy tickets but they won't allow them, because paying someone a few quid to hand out tickets is logistically impossible apparently. Bunch of fuck-wits if you ask me. Slightly less fuck-witted than our lot, but fuck-wits all the same.

Baginton

yeah OUR club has fooked up and any right thinking business thinking person would be taking full advantage, not this pissing about, stroppy women in the ticket office, collect your ticket before 2pm bollox, why put up hurdles restricting your own profit!

give us two stands, we will never sell out fully so no real problem with the coppers, make it cash on the gate and you'll earn a fortune, we took 4k to MK, we would have brought 3 k to Wallsall, but it will be more like 1k with all this confusion and red tape.

And if Walsall have given us two stand and continue with this fiasco of making us buy tickets up front, i'd be suprised if we even fill the away end, complete madness from all sides and if the wallsall and disagrees he is mad too :whistle:

I guess the mrs will be taking me shopping monday instead, THANKS!

WFC

yeah OUR club has fooked up and any right thinking business thinking person would be taking full advantage, not this pissing about, stroppy women in the ticket office, collect your ticket before 2pm bollox, why put up hurdles restricting your own profit!

give us two stands, we will never sell out fully so no real problem with the coppers, make it cash on the gate and you'll earn a fortune, we took 4k to MK, we would have brought 3 k to Wallsall, but it will be more like 1k with all this confusion and red tape.

And if Walsall have given us two stand and continue with this fiasco of making us buy tickets up front, i'd be suprised if we even fill the away end, complete madness from all sides and if the wallsall and disagrees he is mad too :whistle:

I guess the mrs will be taking me shopping monday instead, THANKS!

And you wander why there is some animosity towards cov fans now by some other fans? :facepalm:

The problems have been caused by your club, but it's somebody else's fault of somebody else's job to sort it out!

Understand the frustration but you should be venting your anger in the right direction.

Have had nothing but sympathy with you guys till now but forget that now, seems you've pretty much got what you've deserved. I'll leave you guys to suffer in peace whilst running round pointing fingers at everyone else instead of the people who've done this to you.

Best of luck.

PS the bit about restricting our own profit to a team that breaks even from a team £60m in debt is comedy gold.

SkyBlueHomer

Sorry Baginton, dont follow you.

The fact that Walsall have even moved their own season ticket holders proves they have already been more than accomodating to us. There will be less than there should have been, agreed and i'm sure Walsall will be just as upset as some of us as they have lost out on extra revenue.

I'm just waiting for some people on here to blame Doncaster for fewer of our fans turning up tomorrow

RegTheDonk

......Have had nothing but sympathy with you guys till now but forget that now, seems you've pretty much got what you've deserved. I'll leave you guys to suffer in peace whilst running round pointing fingers at everyone else instead of the people who've done this to you......

Don't let the attitude of a few blinker you to the bigger picture mate, thats like saying all muslims are terrorists. Most fans understand the problem, and know where the blame lies. They were on general sale for a while before this fiasco so if someone wanted a ticket for your game, they could have got them from CCFC or on line, simples.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tend to agree. A lot of people say that any business is only interested in making a profit and so the good of a club will always come secondary but I don't think that is true. There are lots of businesses out there that yes are interested in making a profit but do so in a socially responsible way , investing in communities because it makes good commercial sense in the long run and is the right way to go about things. Unfortunately with the way vast sums of money have been allowed to come into the game and dictate the agenda for football it has led to a situation where in the main the only people that it can now attract are either people who don't care about the club and fans just the money or supposedly sensible business men who fancy the status of owning a club but forget all business sense in pursuing their dream or as soon as they come under pressure from fans for success.

Unfortunately hedge funds are the ultimate expression of the former.

This doesn't just extend to clubs though but is also true of those now running the game. All this has taken clubs out of the reach of the rich local business man with a real interest in clubs and so now everyone looks for some rich sugar daddy to keep throwing more and more money in regardless of the loses and just expects them to right all that off when they've got bored.

At the end of the day there are 92 teams in the league and they can't all be successful at the same time even if all were being managed well and responsibly.

Until we get rid of the suits and media types at the top of the game and get people with the good of the game at heart in and fans stop making ridiculous calls for more and more investment when things are not going so well no matter what the cost then I'm afraid your story is destined to be repeated again and again across the leagues.

I wouldn't wish it on you guys but I often think it will take some well known, perceived big club to actually go out of existence to bring everyone to their senses. Was rather hoping it was going to be Leeds.

To be honest it's quite a turnaround at Walsall on the pitch. I did a bit of browsing on Up the Saddlers just after the Ricoh game and it was full of people with venom aimed at the manager, saying he's just a puppet for the chairman and so on. Haven't been back since, so are people being a bit more humble?

Baginton

And you wander why there is some animosity towards cov fans now by some other fans? :facepalm:

The problems have been caused by your club, but it's somebody else's fault of somebody else's job to sort it out!

Understand the frustration but you should be venting your anger in the right direction.

Have had nothing but sympathy with you guys till now but forget that now, seems you've pretty much got what you've deserved. I'll leave you guys to suffer in peace whilst running round pointing fingers at everyone else instead of the people who've done this to you.

Best of luck.

PS the bit about restricting our own profit to a team that breaks even from a team £60m in debt is comedy gold.

im not having a go at anyboby, just trying to find a way as many as possible of our fans can get to see a game of football.
surley the easiest, less complecated, less work involved (for you guys) way is to make it POTG, how is that having a go at anyone or blaming anyone.

I dont care about the politics, I want to see a game of football.

:facepalm:

WFC

fair enough just a bit frustrating when you try and explain some of the problems around shifting arrangements and people just refuse to believe you, though I appreciate it's difficult for cov fans to believe anything they hear at the moment.

Running a club like Walsall is very different to cov and such other historically larger clubs. Things that people who haven't experienced it will find difficult to believe. There are thing you wouldn't have to even consider which we do like there only being a single collections window so adding a " spotty youth" won't make any difference and that will have to serve AFC fans collecting as well.

You can rest assured had it been possible to switch to POTD at short notice we would have done.

Yeh lots of humble pie being eaten by our fans at the moment. Our fans are no less fickle than others I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread