Palmer Suspension (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I know rules are rules but to deny a player a semi final because they had overriding emotion to a match winning 100 minute goal is a shambles of the game, of which football is all about.
It would have been interesting if everyone had gone over

PVA

I know rules are rules but to deny a player a semi final because they had overriding emotion to a match winning 100 minute goal is a shambles of the game, of which football is all about.

Even more of a farce is the fact that Diallo was yellow carded for effectively the same thing but gets to play because he was sent off whereas Palmer wasn't.

Warwickhunt

I know they are the rules but to allow Dialo to play after he got a red for a second yellow is totally wrong and once again the big club gets the advantage All the time. I always thought that the ref shows the yellow first to say 2nd yellow and then produces the Red do technically he got two yellows up to and including the 1/4 finals means a suspension in my eyes.

Warwickhunt

Can you imagine the shit on here if Diallo scores the winning goal for united in the semi final🤔🤔

Grendel

stay_up_skyblues

stay_up_skyblues V the machine update.

I had a go at challenging Bet365’s decision not to pay out. They’ve come back and said that they voided because Palmer was booked after the final whistle. He wasn’t, he was booked during the celebrations for the goal, not the win. I’ve put that to them and will see what comes back. No doubt this is all in vain but worth a squirt.

stay_up_skyblues V the machine update part 2

They’ve changed the reason to decline to Palmer having been subbed before his yellow. Which is in their terms toby fare. But have offered to pay out in bet credits as they gave wrong info last time.

Will take it and hope it’s not riddled with daft rules about what I can use it on and how many times I need to bet through it (no doubt it will).

All being well I’ll stick it on an absolute banker and walk away a rich man. City to turn Utd over for example 🫡

blunted

I thought after Brian Borrows got injured in 1987 and missed the final, we would be screwed against Spurs. However, Phillips played at right back and in my opinion was MOM. I would love for us to beat Man U (unlikely) and for Palmer to score in the final.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What’s the thinking in booking players for removing their shirt?

It's a silly rule, but if a player is already on a yellow card, if then removes his shirt 👕 then he is a twat.

Warwickhunt

Not really as the rules are clear
Can we not appeal the yellow card to become a red card so that he can have the same advantage as Diallo. We see managers who encroach onto the pitch being sent off and sent to the stands

Gynnsthetonic

All the Wolves bench and subs were on the pitch after they went 2-1 up, there's a YT vlog by a Wolves fan in the new stand behind the goal and you can see them all on there

Grendel

Can we not appeal the yellow card to become a red card so that he can have the same advantage as Diallo. We see managers who encroach onto the pitch being sent off and sent to the stands

It’s not an advantage as he’d then miss a league game

Grendel

But not the semi final!

I really don’t get the issue - the rules may be stupid but those are the rules - the suggestion a player deliberately got himself sent off to miss a premier league game vs a semi final is bonkers

Our league games are more important anyway

Frostie

All the Wolves bench and subs were on the pitch after they went 2-1 up, there's a YT vlog by a Wolves fan in the new stand behind the goal and you can see them all on there
And so did ours after Wright's goal. Bit different to running across the entire width of the pitch for a knee slide.

shmmeee

And so did ours after Wright's goal. Bit different to running across the entire width of the pitch for a knee slide.

Not 'disrespectful' as per the rules, nor interfering with play. Clearly to the letter but not in the spirit and completely within the refs gift to not do. The way some are talking they'd want a player booked every time he runs too fast and can't stop before the touchline.

chiefdave

It was running full pelt across the pitch that got him in trouble but that’s true
If that’s the case it means rather than it being a binary ‘must be given a card or the ref gets in trouble’ there’s an element of discretion the ref can apply

ccfc1234

the laws don't say "running across the pitch" is a yellow card but "going on the pitch but not running" isn't, it's nonsense.

The ref by rights should book everyone or no one. There were other city subs on the pitch.
Be disappointed if the club are not looking into historical examples where the rules have not been applied. It does not need a circus just a pointed letter of concern.

Adge

Lots of people really missing the point here! Palmer sprinted over from one side of the pitch to the other-he got carried away (like we all would have understandably) and it’s alot different from bench personnel/subs etc celebrating on the same side of the pitch,ie by running down the line to celebrate with the team(on the same side of the pitch).
Referee isn’t a fan like most of us with our Sky Blue tinted glasses on and must apply this sanction-it’s mandatory……..

A player who leaves the field of play to correct or change equipment must:
• have the equipment checked by a match official before being allowed to re-enter
• only re-enter with the referee’s permission (which may be given during play)
A player who enters without permission must be cautioned, and if play is stopped to issue the caution, an indirect free kick is awarded from the position of the ball when play was stopped, unless there was interference, in which case a direct free kick (or penalty kick) is awarded from the position of the interference.

djr8369

Lots of people really missing the point here! Palmer sprinted over from one side of the pitch to the other-he got carried away (like we all would have understandably) and it’s alot different from bench personnel/subs etc celebrating on the same side of the pitch,ie by running down the line to celebrate with the team(on the same side of the pitch).
Referee isn’t a fan like most of us with our Sky Blue tinted glasses on and must apply this sanction-it’s mandatory……..

A player who leaves the field of play to correct or change equipment must:
• have the equipment checked by a match official before being allowed to re-enter
• only re-enter with the referee’s permission (which may be given during play)
A player who enters without permission must be cautioned, and if play is stopped to issue the caution, an indirect free kick is awarded from the position of the ball when play was stopped, unless there was interference, in which case a direct free kick (or penalty kick) is awarded from the position of the interference.
The problem is the section of the rules you’ve shown doesn’t say running the length of the pitch is a lot different, it just says you can’t enter the pitch. It doesn’t seem like it’s something that should be down to discretion.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He clearly wasn't thinking it through, but who would in that situation? I am sure so many would have done the exact same thing. Caught up in the moment. And what a moment it was.

😍

Yeah no common sense, the referees are just robots. 🤖

It's ok to nearly take someone's eye out, but you can't celebrate a winning goal.

Adge

He clearly wasn't thinking it through, but who would in that situation? I am sure so many would have done the exact same thing. Caught up in the moment. And what a moment it was.

😍
Absolutely! But people think that discretion can be applied by the Referee, unfortunately it can’t and is in black and white.

Users who are viewing this thread