Palmer Suspension (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Just like most things there are things that have interpretation and things that are black and white. A non-active player running on the pitch is black and white in the rules.

And yet five or six do it every game without incident because refs apply discretion and know booking subs running on the pitch would be silly. And that’s while the game is going on.

skybluegod

And yet five or six do it every game without incident because refs apply discretion and know booking subs running on the pitch would be silly. And that’s while the game is going on.

Do they? 5/6 every game? I haven't noticed that at the matches I have been to.

skybluegod

Watch the subs warming up next game you’re at. I sit right in front of them and players are always entering the pitch when warming up.

Interesting not seen that myself, but I do sit the furthest away from that. In what sense do they enter the pitch? Running up and down? I'll take your word for it though

Blind-Faith

Half of me loves the fact he sprinted all the way over, in full kit like he was still on the pitch to celebrate with team mates and the fans.

The other half thinks you bloody idiot 😂

shmmeee

Interesting not seen that myself, but I do sit the furthest away from that. In what sense do they enter the pitch? Running up and down? I'll take your word for it though

Yeah running onto the pitch when warming up down the lines, running round the corner flag, that sort of thing.

I think the whole thing is ridiculously po faced TBH. I’m just saying if technically a sub entering the pitch is a black and white yellow half the bench would be booked every game. So clearly there’s some level of judgement involved.

skybluegod

Yeah running onto the pitch when warming up down the lines, running round the corner flag, that sort of thing.

I think the whole thing is ridiculously po faced TBH. I’m just saying if technically a sub entering the pitch is a black and white yellow half the bench would be booked every game. So clearly there’s some level of judgement involved.

I think in my head nobody will be watching them is the difference. I don't doubt it happens, weird thing to make up! But when I referee I certainly don't watch the subs unless they obviously enter the field. And the 4th official despite it probably being his job is from experience the busiest official of them all, so no chance they are watching unless it's right next to the dugout!

shmmeee

I think in my head nobody will be watching them is the difference. I don't doubt it happens, weird thing to make up! But when I referee I certainly don't watch the subs unless they obviously enter the field. And the 4th official despite it probably being his job is from experience the busiest official of them all, so no chance they are watching unless it's right next to the dugout!

I never noticed it until I started sitting near the front this season so no doubt.

skybluegod

I never noticed it until I started sitting near the front this season so no doubt.

I agree in general btw, I do think a referee should be able to apply discretion to these scenarios, I just also know from experience that it's the type of thing you also get pulled up on!

Grendel

Exactly. Unbelievable that some are saying he's daft and should have shown some restraint.

After THAT ending? Seriously?

Totally understandable and showed how much it meant to him.

He ran on before the game was finished - same as taking your shirt off it’s a daft thing to do

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In the World cup and European football, you see the whole squad run onto the pitch to celebrate when a goal is scored, do any of them get booked, don't tell me different rules for them.

chiefdave

Do they? 5/6 every game? I haven't noticed that at the matches I have been to.
100% happens every single game. Not to mention that when someone’s been subbed and is walking round the pitch they often cut corners which is a player in full kit on the pitch while the ball is in play

Happy_Martian

Don't think Kase cares about it

MalcSB

Just like most things there are things that have interpretation and things that are black and white. A non-active player running on the pitch is black and white in the rules.
Is taking a throw in from where the ball left the field of play not black and white?

Happy_Martian

He probably hadn't realised he's suspended for the trip to Wembley.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

yeah, but reading the FA rules page, I'm confused.

"As for cup competitions, if a player is shown two yellow cards throughout an individual FA Cup or Carabao Cup campaign, they will serve a suspension during the next match in the competition. The slate is wiped clean in both after the quarter-final stage, meaning the only way to be suspended for the final is through a red card."

So even though he got carded yesterday, does this mean the yellow is nulled as cards are wiped after the Quarterfinal ? Likely, this is me being thick.

Robinshio

"As for cup competitions, if a player is shown two yellow cards throughout an individual FA Cup or Carabao Cup campaign, they will serve a suspension during the next match in the competition. The slate is wiped clean in both after the quarter-final stage, meaning the only way to be suspended for the final is through a red card."

So even though he got carded yesterday, does this mean the yellow is nulled as cards are wiped after the Quarterfinal ? Likely, this is me being thick.
I think you are correct 👍

Mr Panda

Diallo didn’t seem too upset about being sent off and the reporter said “you’ll have to make up for it with celebrations at Wembley”

Hertsccfc

Great if this is correct.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Diallo didn’t seem too upset about being sent off and the reporter said “you’ll have to make up for it with celebrations at Wembley”
Cause his a red, he will miss the next league match. Seems Palmer will miss the semi final

Absolutely stinks

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread