Out of Contract Championship Players (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Paterson and Toral for me in attacking midfield

If we lose Hamer or James then Tom Carroll from QPR and Liam Walsh for The other midfield role.

Collins/Stockley would fit the number 9 bill

Just need Centre halves and a keeper

Terry Gibson's perm

Few on there in for a real shock, he’s probably not out of contract but I like that guy at Preston that takes the penalties he seems to get a few goals or maybe all his are against us

Sky Blue Pete

Think we’d be looking at younger players that we can develop even if they cost some money

Be interesting to see any recruitment of over 23 year olds

SleepyGinger

Some gems out there at the end of this season.

A few would deffo be in our wage bracket
Championship journeymen most of them, sort of lazy recruitment we were doing before robins came back, no thanks.

Grendel

Agree we will buy good young talent i dont think we wil going for established has beens on stupid money.

Young hungry players with potential will cost money, we should be cleaning up the cream of league 1.

So we aren’t signing Matty James

Sky Blue Pete

So we aren’t signing Matty James
I can only think of one recent loan that has been made permanent in Callum Ohare which was great

I’d be surprised if Matty James came back but if he helps keep us up then maybe it was worth bringing him in

You wouldn’t be looking at a permanent deal for him Grendel?

SleepyGinger

The thing we have been crying out for the entire season is Championship Experience. Signing more young inexperienced players defeats the purpose of making it through this season.
I wouldn’t be against signing players at this level but just think there’s a reason the players on this list are being let go by their clubs, also our players will have a year at this level under their belt.

Evo1883

I would like to see 1 or 2 experienced heads in amongst the young developing players..

Not James Collins though

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'd sign either of Sonny Bradley/Matty Pearson.

Both decent CBs, affordable, and either would be an upgrade on what we'd have come summer.

Last edited:

Magwitch1

Interesting list could make a bloody good team from that lot and likelihood of players at premier clubs being added.
The real interesting thing though will be wages i reckon the cloth will be cut and the days of contracts worth thousands a week will be a thing of the past.

robbiethemole

Baka also valued higher than Biamou. The Club's total value of £14.99m is above Rotherham and Wycombe, but way below everyone else's, so we're not so bad as some make out.

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting list could make a bloody good team from that lot and likelihood of players at premier clubs being added.
The real interesting thing though will be wages i reckon the cloth will be cut and the days of contracts worth thousands a week will be a thing of the past.
I think teams in the championship will find money as derby and forest have done so in January for the wages of knockart at forest and Roberts at derby.

shmmeee

Think we need to replace the spine with some championship experience. Marosi, McFadz, Kelly, Godden all bought in outside “the model” in L1 and instrumental in pushing us forward to a top L1 side.

Don’t know enough to know who’s who in that list, but the championship version of those four would be on my mind if budget allows.

Users who are viewing this thread