Other income streams (1 Viewer)

Moff

Well there's land across the other side of the railway line, not sure if the old working man's club the other side of the A444 is still available and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the industrial state earmarked for redevelopment from the offset of arena 2000 so that's long overdue. In fact wasn't there a whisper last year that the whole estate was on borrowed time and compulsory purchase was immanent?

The industrial estate would be most suited I would think.

Like I said to Big Fat Ron, Who owns it?

I think it is CCC, so what chance is there for a sale and planning permission from the council. I liked Highfield Road but there is as much chance putting a new development there as there is on Council Land next to the Ricoh.

bigfatronssba

Do we own land in Rowleys Green then? or is it privately owned by CCC?
How can we build on it if we dont own it?
How can we make the owners sell it?
What would you suggest we build?
Will it get plannning permission?

Seeing as you like asking questions, why dont you answer some for once.

No, do we own land in Rugby suitable for development?

We can buy it. How can we build on land in rugby if we don't own it?

How can we make the owners of land in rugby sell up?

The same thing we're planning on building in rugby that offers non matchday income.

Would development of greenbelt in rugby get planning permission?

bigfatronssba

Thats not success in a league of 12, when you need to be in the top 4 to qualify for the play offs or top six for top European Rugby.

They let their best players leave, they have a limited budget, struggle year on year and win nothing. Is that the sort of success you aspire too?

Anglo Welsh cup winners, European cup runners up, Premiership runners up.

All whilst playing at the Madajski.

skybluetony176

Thats not success in a league of 12, when you need to be in the top 4 to qualify for the play offs or top six for top European Rugby.

They let their best players leave, they have a limited budget, struggle year on year and win nothing. Is that the sort of success you aspire too?

To be fair it would be a step up from where SISU have us, two steps in fact. And haven't you just described CCFC in the glory years of the premiership at HR?

chiefdave

It's all part of the Ricoh / Tesco site isn't it?

People talk like you just open a business and make a fortune. A hell of a lot of business fail totally and a lot more don't make a great profit. I'm not sure going off at a tangent with a new business is the way forward. We have people employed at the club who are supposed to know what they're doing and they struggle with their own area let alone moving into something else.

skybluetony176

I think it is CCC, so what chance is there for a sale and planning permission from the council. I liked Highfield Road but there is as much chance putting a new development there as there is on Council Land next to the Ricoh.

Well, as always in this sort of thing you have to ask I guess. Arrange a meeting much like the one they had recently with RBC would be a good start.

If it complements the Ricoh (which the industrial estate most certainly doesn't) and it's within CCC vision for the area (I would guess that by looking at arena park gives you a good idea of that) then they may well stand a chance.

Of course you need to drop the whole "our investors won't deal with CCC" nonsense first but that's up to SISU.

Grendel

How do you know it won't? I guess that makes your answer as much made up trash as italias.

There are no Saturday jobs available in his car park. Stop arse licking

Grendel

Well, as always in this sort of thing you have to ask I guess. Arrange a meeting much like the one they had recently with RBC would be a good start.

If it complements the Ricoh (which the industrial estate most certainly doesn't) and it's within CCC vision for the area (I would guess that by looking at arena park gives you a good idea of that) then they may well stand a chance.

Of course you need to drop the whole "our investors won't deal with CCC" nonsense first but that's up to SISU.

No it's up to the council.

duffer

So Wasps didn't really need to own somewhere to be successful then? Why did their owner turn down similar offers to the Madjeski in and around London, one wonders. He's justified the move to the Ricoh by saying Wasps wouldn't survive unless they owned their own stadium - surely he's not lying to their fans?

I think the question was about football clubs though, in fairness.

Moff

Wow one cup.

When were these successes then? I would hazard a few long years back as the last few years its been struggle strugggle struggle

Moff

No, do we own land in Rugby suitable for development?

We can buy it. How can we build on land in rugby if we don't own it?

How can we make the owners of land in rugby sell up?

The same thing we're planning on building in rugby that offers non matchday income.

Would development of greenbelt in rugby get planning permission?

Nice deflection. Answer the questions I posed. You cant though so you just pose alternatives to cover yourself.

I didnt mention Rugby you did, so please answer the questions about Rowleys Green where you think we can build a successfull venue.

cloughie

I see nothing wrong with Joy manning a burger van outside the Ricoh. I should very much like her handling my sausage.......

not so sure I would trust her handling my sausage, it could easily be liquidated

DaleM

Well there's land across the other side of the railway line, not sure if the old working man's club the other side of the A444 is still available and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the industrial state earmarked for redevelopment from the offset of arena 2000 so that's long overdue. In fact wasn't there a whisper last year that the whole estate was on borrowed time and compulsory purchase was immanent?

The industrial estate would be most suited I would think.

I heard the other day Wasps have snapped up Rowleys Club .

cloughie

So? Wasps holdings will not make a profit above that level.

The loans still outstanding to Moonstone and MGI will ensure that or they just take dividends from wasps holdings to keep below that level.

and the owners of your employers don't take dividends from JLR for tax purposes?

Sky Blue Harry H

I heard the other day Wasps have snapped up Rowleys Club .

If they'd have had any sense they would have snapped that up before the Ricoh deal was done, as Rowley's club must have been on it's knees then. Now, it's turnover will have rocketed. Even more annoying is City should have bought the club and could have earned some decent match day pie money revenue :facepalm:

Grendel

and the owners of your employers don't take dividends from JLR for tax purposes?

Not to my knowledge no.

Do you have any evidence?

bigfatronssba

Nice deflection. Answer the questions I posed. You cant though so you just pose alternatives to cover yourself.

I didnt mention Rugby you did, so please answer the questions about Rowleys Green where you think we can build a successfull venue.

Can't be arsed, I really can't anymore.

City fans should be desperate, absolutely desperate to keep their club in their city.

Try and suggest ways that this is the most viable way forward and you get accused of being a Wasps sympathiser, CCC apologiser, or just plain thick.

So support whatever crackpot schemes of fishers you want. I along with the other silent 15k shall express our opinion through actions rather than words.

This place has just become a place for armchair hooligans to shout abuse at anyone who doesn't tow the party line. A handful of shouty types now control this forum.

It seems that unless you hate Wasps with a passion, blame CCC for all our woes, want to leave the Ricoh regardless of the circumstances, and support pointless costly legal action, then your opinion is not worth listening to.

Well I frankly have better ways to spend my evening.

Grendel

City fans should be desperate, absolutely desperate to keep their club in their city.

Try and suggest ways that this is the most viable way forward and you get accused of being a Wasps sympathiser, CCC apologiser, or just plain thick.

So support whatever crackpot schemes of fishers you want. I along with the other silent 15k shall express our opinion through actions rather than words.

This place has just become a place for armchair hooligans to shout abuse at anyone who doesn't tow the party line. A handful of shouty types now control this forum.

It seems that unless you hate Wasps with a passion, blame CCC for all our woes, want to leave the Ricoh regardless of the circumstances, and support pointless costly legal action, then your opinion is not worth listening to.

In other words - argument lost white flag raised time to leave the building.

oldfiver

The FFP guidelines from UEFA say that for income to be included it has to be in the direct vicinity of the club (As in it's stadium or stadium venue - so owning the Ricoh would be far from pointless would it?) or be clearly tied in as a commercial activity of the football club.

Its not FFP in this league but SCMP ( see another thread ) and it says:

Turnover definition

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover:

• Match-day Income
  • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship)
  • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)
However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending.

Sky Blue Harry H

In other words - argument lost white flag raised time to leave the building.

Leave him alone Grendel, he's feeling a bit tender. Having said that, I struggle to get my head around 'armchair hooligan' as anybody who gets overly abusive just comes across as a plonker (imho), or as incapable of expressing themselves coherently. Sticks and stones and all that.....

The Gentleman

So? Wasps holdings will not make a profit above that level.

The loans still outstanding to Moonstone and MGI will ensure that or they just take dividends from wasps holdings to keep below that level.

Will you please fuck off over to the Wasps sub forum with this shite because its fucking BORING!

skybluetony176

No it's up to the council.

Are you expecting the council to run the club for SISU or something?

If, if the club wanted to develop part of the industrial estate for a complex such as I've described it's up to SISU to formulate the idea and approach the council.

Did RBC approach SISU for the meeting about available land for the new stadium or did SISU approach RBC?

Last edited:

oldfiver

I am sure some vacant land was part of WASPS deal - dont know which bit though

Grendel

Are you expecting the council to run the club for SISU or something?

If, if the club wanted to develop part of the industrial estate for a complex such as I've described it's up to SISU to formulate the idea and approach the council.

Did RBC approach SISU for the meeting about available land for the new stadium or did SISU approach RBC?

So the council own the land - are you sure about that? Aren't businesses on those lands? Are you saying the leased can be ripped up

Are you sure?

Grendel

skybluetony176

So the council own the land - are you sure about that? Aren't businesses on those lands? Are you saying the leased can be ripped up

Are you sure?

If you stop being a knob head for five minutes you would have noticed I was replying to someone who suggested that the land was council owned.

Yes there are businesses on that land, very observant of you.

Can lease's be ripped up. Don't know. I guess they can be mutually terminated. I would think that the council have powers to do compulsory purchases should they wish. Like I asked in an earlier post wasn't the industrial estate earmarked for redevelopment as part of the Arena 2000 project? Wasn't there a whisper of compulsory purchases being imminent last year? Isn't the whole estate living on borrowed time?

Last edited:

italiahorse

So how do you know it will cost £35 million and will be away from populated areas?

Made up trash as always?

If you ever applied any logic reference Sisu stadium cost announcements and the price of land required that is actually an understatement.
We know the discussion with RBC is for green belt and I suspect even you with your limited grasp of facts know that is not a populated area.
You have made no contribution to the OP observations and have wrecked another thread with your trivial unrelated nonsense.

If you can't contribute to what is a interesting OP jog on to one you can.

The Reverend Skyblue

You shouldn't give up BFR on here, your opinion is as valid as everyone's else. There are so many pointless inane arguments on here, I would advise don't get involved in the point scoring. There are a few on here whose goal is to score as many points per day so they can go to bed and dream about themselves, but you and G's opinions though differ are valid ,you just have opposite views , so don't get too upset.

I hate the situation both SISU and the council have put the fans in, they sit in their Ivory towers laughing at us.

Both the council and sisu have no attachment or feelings for the club sadly, the only ones their actions affect are the fans and it's just plain shit the infighting they have caused

Last edited:

Grendel

If you ever applied any logic reference Sisu stadium cost announcements and the price of land required that is actually an understatement.
We know the discussion with RBC is for green belt and I suspect even you with your limited grasp of facts know that is not a populated area.
You have made no contribution to the OP observations and have wrecked another thread with your trivial unrelated nonsense.

If you can't contribute to what is a interesting OP jog on to one you can.

What contribution have you made other than one that suits your own personal financial agenda?

As regard to limited grasp if facts regarding a populated area - how populated was the gasworks site before the arena was constructed? Sites the other side and in rugby borough council are very similar in population demographic - just because you will not benefit financially others may.

Last edited:

Moff

What a boo hoo everyone look at me post.

I am desperate for my club to stay in the City, you are a fool, and an idiot to presume I think otherwise and base it on your usual hypothesis of no facts at all. I dont think the Rugby idea will happen, do you?

You mentioned building a facility in Rowleys Green as if its the easiest thing to do in the world, except they dont own the land, the Council do and if you hadnt noticed they arent bosom buddies. I asked you how you would get over this fact and how the club would do it and you go off on a tangent, dont answer the question, and throw your toys out of the pram and bring in Rugby which wasnt even relevant to the Rowleys Green Discussion.

I havent called you thick, a Wasps or CCC apologist, so please do get over yourself and stop throwing accusations around that have no truth.

I dont support Fishers schemes and havent indicated I do, I simply asked how your scheme works, and quite simply you dont have an answer. I have neither shouted at you nor used abuse. You are the abuser.

So when you can expalin how your scheme works I am ready to listen, but if you dont have the answers yourself nor the belief in your proposal then I would say its because its a non starter.

In future instead of throwing accusations that are neither correct or valid around, try responding to what was asked. You seem such a fan of asking questions yourself, but yet less keen on answering them yourself, and as for abuse the ironic thing is you were the mud slinger no one else, and you did so as you werent able to back up your argument.

Last edited:

Astute

Are you talking about us?

Users who are viewing this thread