ONE OPPORTUNITY - Dont screw it up! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

So Friday night we will have a decent crowd (depending on whether they get their act together on these ticket release issues!) and i just pray that they are setup on the night to cope with the demand behind the bars, betting stands etc.

We have alot of people coming through the turnstiles and i hope they do not understaff and try to get away with it on the cheap. If people have a bad experience, this will stop pepole coming back again so we need to get this right!! I suppose this isnt SISU's problem but i hope they are staffing up for this game.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu..........Of course it will be SISU's fault. They pay for the staffing, so don't do what they normally do and look for the cheapest option. They need to grow a pair and do it properly.

kg82

Yeah, they need to a grow a pair and do it properly... And while we're talking about events that haven't happened yet, ladbrokes best give me the correct damn horse that wins the National next year.

Ashdown

I would vouch that 95% of everyone attending on Friday has been to the Ricoh before, so if common sense prevails and people park up early and get to the ground as early as they can then it should all run relatively smoothly. The only problems that will arise is from late arrivals and bar code recognition systems failing and if folk haven't received their tickets from the club in good time. Now where's the postman..............

kg82

I would vouch that 95% of everyone attending on Friday has been to the Ricoh before, so if common sense prevails and people park up early and get to the ground as early as they can then it should all run relatively smoothly. The only problems that will arise is from late arrivals and bar code recognition systems failing and if folk haven't received their tickets from the club in good time. Now where's the postman..............

I can guarantee the bar code system won't work... There are no bar codes on the tickets!

kg82

That will probably be a good thing then. Back to the good old attendant and a push pedal !

Well, it certainly stops the plebs standing there and scratching their heads trying to figure out how the thing works!

Covstu

@ Covstu..........Of course it will be SISU's fault. They pay for the staffing, so don't do what they normally do and look for the cheapest option. They need to grow a pair and do it properly.

I assumed that ACL would be handling that part of things? Anyway i dont care if they have trained monkey's but as long as they have enough of em!!

sky blue john

More importantly a win would be good.
A win could be the catalyst to maintaining a big crowd and a run of results.

Nick

Administrator
I think the players need to thrive on the atmosphere that will be there and put on a show.

Johnson needs to get a nasty 50/50 in early to get the crowd going I reckon.

NorthernWisdom

I would vouch that 95% of everyone attending on Friday has been to the Ricoh before

Problem is though, a fair few of those games have been shit tawdry affairs with bog all atmosphere and poor pies.

Be nice if we could do it right, and have people *want* to go back rather than doing it out of duty. Be niceif the ticket chaos and fear of not getting one was the norm.

So yes, got to make it as good as we can. Not optimistic, I have to say...

ccfcway

big crowd at the ricoh usually ends in disappointment

I'm going to hold onto the fact its just bad luck, as we did ok v Blackburn and wolves.

GULP

Steve.B50

I agree we need Friday to work out well for us and encourage most to come back again, am concerned that SISU will do things on the cheap.
Am sure some fans would volunteer to help if needed.
The Sky Blue Trust have access to over 3,000 members, all they need to do is ask for help?
Have offered help if needed.

Ashdown

I think the players need to thrive on the atmosphere that will be there and put on a show.

Johnson needs to get a nasty 50/50 in early to get the crowd going I reckon.

I could just see that being miss timed and him being sent off and ruining the match !

Sky Blue Kid

The staffing in the bars is ACL's remit through their JV with Compass.
I never said anything about Bar Staff did I? but I will say this.....The staffing of the Ricoh is a SET PRICE in amongst the rent. If SISU closed the north stand(Unless prior arrangement had been made) ACL/Compass would have to staff the F&B under that stand, as well as turnstiles. If it were YOU paying for a set amount of staff, wouldn't you expect a full compliment? So..Obviously SISU dictate staffing levels at the Ricoh on matchdays. If (SISU) underestimate(Penny pinch) It would be one massive mistake on their part! Read this from 2012... http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/claims-ricoh-arena-company-heading-3017433 Now call me a liar!

Users who are viewing this thread