One of the greatest games? (1 Viewer)

Adge

Against Bristol City to ever grace the Ricoh/CBS?
I know we have had a few, for instance the Leon Clarke JPT double in added time etc, but for me it has to be the best surely?🤔

larry_david

To come back and win 3-2 is always going to be quality. To do it in the championship with ten men for 45 mins is epic

pusbccfc

Toss up between that and JPT for the best game.

Ricoh return was the best overall occasion. Atmosphere was incredible before the game, during and after.

Checkatrade against Wycombe is one that isn't mentioned often but was brilliant.

AJB1983

Personally I don’t think I’ve known an atmosphere at the final whistle like that game at the Ricoh. Or at least one that I can clearly remember.
it could be that it’s where I’ve viewed it from - Preston JPT game I was in block 19. Notts county playoff semi in block 2, this game the family zone.
I dunno - could just be different factors - the way we went about it, realisation somethings ‘happening’, the fact the winner was such a good goal?

CBS16

That game was way way better than any of those JPT games. It was absolutely electric second half. Best ever game at the Ricoh/CBS in my opinion

Londonccfcfan

This game was right up there for atmoshphere.
As have the majority of games at home.

JPT semi final vs Wycombe at home still really sticks out in my mind, there was only about 12k there i think. But 11 or 12k sang their hearts out for 90 mins. Hanging on for dear life towards the end.

As for comebacks, 2 nil down at half time vs Posh i think and we won it 3-2 was a great comeback. Was in family zone in those days so had a great view of Armstrong double.

Liquid Gold

This game was right up there for atmoshphere.
As have the majority of games at home.

JPT semi final vs Wycombe at home still really sticks out in my mind, there was only about 12k there i think. But 11 or 12k sang their hearts out for 90 mins. Hanging on for dear life towards the end.

As for comebacks, 2 nil down at half time vs Posh i think and we won it 3-2 was a great comeback. Was in family zone in those days so had a great view of Armstrong double.
Posh must be absolutely sick of conceding 3 goals every time they turn up at the arena.

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally I don’t think I’ve known an atmosphere at the final whistle like that game at the Ricoh. Or at least one that I can clearly remember.
it could be that it’s where I’ve viewed it from - Preston JPT game I was in block 19. Notts county playoff semi in block 2, this game the family zone.
I dunno - could just be different factors - the way we went about it, realisation somethings ‘happening’, the fact the winner was such a good goal?

I’ve rarely seen a game where the 10 men have been so dominant over the 11, it was something pretty special to behold.

Langers70

My greatest game...was my first game with my Dad.Against Norwich at Highfield Road in 1977.Won 5-4 with Jim Blyth saving a last minute penalty.I think Ian Wallace scored a scissor kick too?

SBT

It was an amazing finish to what was mostly a pretty drab game, but that’s not what we go away remembering. The atmosphere at the end was fantastic. It’s not really come at a pivotal time of the season, so there’ll be even better moments than that I’m sure.

CDK

My greatest game...was my first game with my Dad.Against Norwich at Highfield Road in 1977.Won 5-4 with Jim Blyth saving a last minute penalty.I think Ian Wallace scored a scissor kick too?
Think that was boxing day game and what a brilliant game a Xmas cracker if I remember right.

Hod dog

Bristol was class but i came away happier after beating Fulham 4-1 as felt that was 3 additional points whereas Bristol were so piss poor i would of came away gutted if we didn't have the 3 points.

Adge

There was agame in mid 90s 1995 or 1996, vs Wimbledon at home we drew 3-3 when we were 1-3 down or maybe even 3 nil down and down to 10 men. classic game.
9 men and David Rennie equaliser at Highfield Rd I think.

Travs

One of my best memories from Highfield Road was when we played Leeds late 90's and was actually a defeat... 3-2 i think... it was the one where Hadji scored that half volley which was on goal of the month on MOTD.

Brilliant match, brilliant atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Hertsccfc

One of my best memories from Highfield Road was when we played Leeds late 90's and was actually a defeat... 3-2 i think... it was the one where Hadji scored that half volley which was on goal of the month on MOTD.

Brilliant match, brilliant atmosphere from both sets of fans.
Wasn't it Chipo who scored the goal?

ovduk78

One of my favourites is when we beat Man City 4-2 in a midweek game at HR with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes, Mick Ferguson got a hat trick

SeaSeeEffCee

I’d say 3 of the top 10 best ever games at the Ricoh have happened this season. Forest, Fulham and Bristol City.

Tile Hill Phil

That was the season Wally and Fergie were banging the goals in I was 16 at the time ,fantastic game that was it had everything

Users who are viewing this thread