Okay, who would you say is the worst at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep.

And 5 England batsmen went out to the short ball, 3 of them hooking!! :facepalm:

Sheer madness and they are getting a lot of stick from the media. Handed the game to India on a plate!

SlowerThanPlatt

There's something wrong at the moment between the player to coach relationship. The basic skills have regressed and England's game plan seems non-existant at the moment.

Otis

Michael Vaughan - ''What was said in the England dressing room at lunch? To come out and play all those shots, it's absolutely ridiculous. It's been absolutely pathetic from England. We've seen some collapses in the last year - against Australia, Sri Lanka and now India - but this is the worst of the lot. Something has got to change."

Jonathan Agnew - "I can't believe what I've seen. The legacy of Mitchell Johnson lives on - we've seen five England batsmen bounced out by Indian bowlers. It's astonishing."

Phil Tufnell- "It has been like taking candy from a baby for India. England have come out after lunch with a hooking disease. India were worried so they came up with the very basic plan to bowl short and England have fallen into the trap. I'm actually astounded by England's tactics after lunch."

Geoffrey Boycott - "After lunch, they bounced England with the old ball and we played stupid cricket. Matt Prior is not in the best of form and he's hooking to three men on the boundary. Where are their brains?"

Otis

Don't think we usualy get that degree of criticism for the football team do we?

Usually it's down to not being good enough as a opposed to being through stupidity.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't think we usualy get that degree of criticism for the football team do we?

Usually it's down to not being good enough as a opposed to being through stupidity.

I can only assume the message at lunch was to go for the win. Problem was that rather than go at the pace they had done in the first session they seem to have tried it as fast as possible with predictable results. The kind of stuff you could understand chasing a T20 but not trying to secure 150 in 2 sessions of Test cricket. Really disappointing however there is a collective responsibility not just from the batsmen but from the bowlers who were in superb English conditions and let India off the hook twice.

It doesn't need a radical overhaul but it needs a composed leader to keep people's heads screwed on with bat and ball. Despite what Cook says he is not that man and has been given countless chances to show otherwise. This problem, dearth of spin bowlers aside, is psychological.

Otis

I can only assume the message at lunch was to go for the win. Problem was that rather than go at the pace they had done in the first session they seem to have tried it as fast as possible with predictable results. The kind of stuff you could understand chasing a T20 but not trying to secure 150 in 2 sessions of Test cricket. Really disappointing however there is a collective responsibility not just from the batsmen but from the bowlers who were in superb English conditions and let India off the hook twice.

It doesn't need a radical overhaul but it needs a composed leader to keep people's heads screwed on with bat and ball. Despite what Cook says he is not that man and has been given countless chances to show otherwise. This problem, dearth of spin bowlers aside, is psychological.

Agree and the buck stops with the captain. If we keep losing and he is also not scoring runs, there is surely only one answer isn't there?

After lunch I thought England were going to go on and win, but they kept hooking and India kept banging the ball in and then after one got out hooking, they all continued to carry on hooking and followed suit, straight back to the pavillion.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree and the buck stops with the captain. If we keep losing and he is also not scoring runs, there is surely only one answer isn't there?

After lunch I thought England were going to go on and win, but they kept hooking and India kept banging the ball in and then after one got out hooking, they all continued to carry on hooking and followed suit, straight back to the pavillion.

Composure in sport is so often the decider between success and failure. England have little of it in the key moments and considering that your captain should be the instiller of this then Cook is the man responsible. His batting average this year is lower than mine and if that isn't a reason to drop him down the order at least I don't know what is!

turlykerd

yeah, ive just caught the highlights, and they have all been "done"with the same short ball and hook shot .wth ?

it was like groundhog day :(

as to the question, which is worse ? , i honestly cant say...they are both in need of alot of work atm

torchomatic

The England football team or the England cricket team?

India today were 346-9. Now 433-9.

:eek:
Don't care and don't care.

Sent from my phone using my chubby sausage fingers so please excuse any errors.

Brighton Sky Blue

Great way to answer the critics in this one, for Cook especially. Let's hope we keep it up in the remaining 2 Tests.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well done boys, delighted for Cook to have had a decent match as batsman and captain. Ali has joined Root and Ballance in cementing his place for the near-middle future. As it stands I think the only questions around the current team are Robson and the two 'other' seamers.

Much improved.

Covstu

vertually faultless performance but England's biggest issue is consistency. They need to take this through to the next test, well done Cook and the boys!

Otis

vertually faultless performance but England's biggest issue is consistency. They need to take this through to the next test, well done Cook and the boys!

It was pretty near damn perfect for sure.

Only weak link I thought was Chris jordan's wayward bowling, but he's well worth taking another punt on and it looks like we might well be with Jimmy Anderson for Manchester. That's going to make things much, much tougher for us. He remains our number one go to bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread