Match Thread Norwich Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if we will have more trialists by then?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I wonder if we will have more trialists by then?

We need bloody well need some. It isn't going to happen as quick as people think it is though.

I just hope this isn't set up so we then take Maddison and Murphy back on loan. That will literally drive me over the edge... :D

brez

Think we might get stuffed tonight. From what I've read, maddison is going to play a part for them this season but Murphy may well be farmed out again. I'll be there tonight because I'm optimistic or stupid. I know what your thinking.

Perryccfc

Any guesses what time the cov bus usually arrives as I would like to take my son to meet the players?

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully we won't get a tanking, Mowbray will be trying out his new formation I guess.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's sick and twisted, but I almost do hope we get a tanking tonight.

I know the transfer window isn't closed yet, but player recruitment seemingly has not been enough of a priority, and we need to realise the team we have at the moment is in nowhere near enough of a state to compete.

As a friendly it doesn't matter, so i'd rather it caused a sense of urgency by losing tonight, than to think we can go into the opening game with what we've got and then suddenly start to panic.

If we sign 6 players in the next week i'll happily eat my words, but I just haven't seen enough to suggest anything near that is going to happen.

robbiekeane

It's sick and twisted, but I almost do hope we get a tanking tonight.

I know the transfer window isn't closed yet, but player recruitment seemingly has not been enough of a priority, and we need to realise the team we have at the moment is in nowhere near enough of a state to compete.

As a friendly it doesn't matter, so i'd rather it caused a sense of urgency by losing tonight, than to think we can go into the opening game with what we've got and then suddenly start to panic.

If we sign 6 players in the next week i'll happily eat my words, but I just haven't seen enough to suggest anything near that is going to happen.
You have absolutely no idea what is going on with the recruitment strategy and have no basis for that statement at all. Unless you work at the club and deal with mowbray and venus regularly. Still, don't let that get in the way of a good moan

ccfcway

georgehudson

those lovable persons, agents, will i think be a large part of the reason we haven't been able to conclude business,
in addition, how restrictive have our owners been ?

italiahorse

You have absolutely no idea what is going on with the recruitment strategy and have no basis for that statement at all. Unless you work at the club and deal with mowbray and venus regularly. Still, don't let that get in the way of a good moan

Pre season is to get the team up to speed. If you have not got the team yet, then you are relying on luck for the first game.
It's poor, you know it is and fans should vent their frustration, in the hope that perhaps next year they will take it on board.

Bugsy

3-1 cov.... sordell, Spence and trialist wiv the goals.....PUSB

stevefloyd

Well we all know it would be better to get people in before the pre season training starts but the sceptics amongst us would say that we can only get them in when the season starts so we don't have to pay them so early

stevefloyd

Well the pessimism has drained from me over the close season and I eagerly wait for the new season to start...maybe the eternal optimist but hey someones gotta be... hope we win tonight and show billy big bollocks what he's missing PUSB... only sorry I can't make tonight

steve82

Tonight's a game for the doom and gloom merchants.... Were relegated, TM is clueless, sack him now, Pressley is avaliable, we should of signed baker.
We would struggle to beat any Norwich side if we had XI experienced pros. Please remember it's just a work out of players we do have registered for the club.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think it's pretty much as clear as day that our squad is in no shape to start the season. Whilst I don't know what's going on at the club, you're right, it also seems pretty obvious we've missed quite a few targets, whilst letting good players we could have done with leave the club.

So yes I will moan, especially if I am going to part with my well earned money, because so far this pre-season so far has been a complete shambles transfer wise. As I said however, I will eat my words if we bring in the 7 good players we need in a short space of time.

Anyway, on what basis is your naivety? I guess you must work with Mowbray and Venus to have such optimism?

robbiekeane

I think it's pretty much as clear as day that our squad is in no shape to start the season. Whilst I don't know what's going on at the club, you're right, it also seems pretty obvious we've missed quite a few targets, whilst letting good players we could have done with leave the club.

So yes I will moan, especially if I am going to part with my well earned money, because so far this pre-season so far has been a complete shambles transfer wise. As I said however, I will eat my words if we bring in the 7 good players we need in a short space of time.

Anyway, on what basis is your naivety? I guess you must work with Mowbray and Venus to have such optimism?

Not I don't. I wouldn't call it naivety, but it's based on the fact we aren't a million miles away from where we were this time last year, and we were top of the league in November. I'd prefer he holds his horses and we don't get much of a pre season than to go and buy loads of dross like pressley did....

Nick

Administrator
Not I don't. I wouldn't call it naivety, but it's based on the fact we aren't a million miles away from where we were this time last year, and we were top of the league in November. I'd prefer he holds his horses and we don't get much of a pre season than to go and buy loads of dross like pressley did....
Exactly, Armstrong's and Jones or manset?

D

Deleted member 2477

I predict a battering. 5-1 madders to score and more bullshit about players lined up to come in

torchomatic

I predict Maddison will come on as a sub in the second half, fall over a lot and miss a couple of free kicks.

Nick

Administrator
I predict Maddison will come on as a sub in the second half, fall over a lot and miss a couple of free kicks.
Yes if he was playing for us, now you have done that you have ensured he is has a stormer!

We need a bruiser to smash him and tell him he is shit.

Users who are viewing this thread