Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (4 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

He’s played 2 (180 mins)

Robins said he was knackered last Friday and didn’t even name him in the squad. He then played 90 mins Tuesday and looked leggy in my opinion.

Obviously the club will have all the data and his feedback but I’d be very surprised if that isn’t all saying he’s fatigued.
No let's just play him. Fatso obviously knows much more than the management team about the players' fitness.

Mr Panda

Surely Kelly doesn’t start - it would be a backwards step. Keep him as the guy you bring on from 70 onwards to sure things up if need be.

Latibeaudiere wasn’t too convincing against Bristol City but he’ll improve and atleast be comfortable receiving the ball (if Torp isn’t ready)

Kelly will be back in the squad but there’s a reason he hasn’t been in the team previously

Hertsccfc

Surely Kelly doesn’t start - it would be a backwards step. Keep him as the guy you bring on from 70 onwards to sure things up if need be.

Latibeaudiere wasn’t too convincing against Bristol City but he’ll improve and atleast be comfortable receiving the ball (if Torp isn’t ready)

Kelly will be back in the squad but there’s a reason he hasn’t been in the team previously
Yes that reason was injury and Sheaf and Eccles form.

Surely Kelly starts ahead of Latibeaudiere in midfield. Was our best player in some of the matches earlier in the season and great in the run in last season. Latibeaudiere is only an emergency midfielder in my view but a good central defender.

Mr Panda

Yes that reason was injury and Sheaf and Eccles form.

Surely Kelly starts ahead of Latibeaudiere in midfield. Was our best player in some of the matches earlier in the season and great in the run in last season. Latibeaudiere is only an emergency midfielder in my view but a good central defender.

He’s good when we’re not in possession - as soon as we have it that’s when I worry.

alexccfc99

Can't make today due to work commitments, shame as I really like the day out at Norwich

However my gut says we get beat today however! Safe trip to all going PUSB

Legia Sky Blue

If MR doesn't want to start with Torp just yet I would prefer Kelly over Lati in midfield. While Lati can undoubtedly do a defensive job in midfield, he is fairly limited in terms of being an attacking option. Kelly's performances when he came in for Sheaf after he got injured at the end of last season to see us through to the play offs were outstanding all things considered, and I would feel much more comfortable with him ahead of Lati.

ptr

Is this the sort of game that Allen is thrown back in? Him Torp and Eccles try and pack the middle out a bit. May be Lati instead of Allen.

We often set ourselves up a little different for the tougher away games. Don’t think it will be the team we expect.

Ashdown

Going to be a real threat to our unbeaten run I think. Surely we won’t start Godden again, I love Matty but he doesn’t worry the opposition enough. It has to be Simms for me now. He’s not the best either but his physical prescence seems to intimidate defenders.

Mucca Mad Boys

Looking at our away form and looking at Norwich’s home form, the betting man would wager this is a dead certain draw.

I’m not a gambler, and I’ve woke up feeling positive and think we’ll turn these over. 2-1.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not the best record against Norwich. Can't see a draw, let alone a win.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203_090136_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240203_090136_Google.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 29

Astute

Germans tend to say things to the point, the nuances don't exist as much in their language as ours so they don't translate very well.

Personally I think we're a big club for the Championship, but maybe compared to money clubs who have recently been in the PL we are punching above our weight and have been for a little while.
In France many don't understand irony or what we consider a wind up. We can be in our local bar and suddenly the brits find something very funny. The French look puzzled.

But I know I'm missing something going the other way when they find something hilarious and us Brits struggle to understand the joke. And it happens in either language.

vin10

In the days before the premier league and the squad's of only about 15 first team players and only 2 subs, player's in teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United would play 60 game's a season, winning all the trophies, they never got fatigued.
In the days before the premier league and the squad's of only about 15 first team players and only 2 subs, player's in teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United would play 60 game's a season, winning all the trophies, they never got fatigued.
The game is a lot quicker now I think but you can balance it with the leg sappiing pitches back then

covcity4life

Hopefully wright and Simms start.

A draw would be a very good point away to a rival.

It's all about 5th and 6th so Leeds did us a favour beating Bristol. Let's just take it one game at a time and see if some playoff contenders fall by the wayside.

Astute

Hopefully wright and Simms start.

A draw would be a very good point away to a rival.

It's all about 5th and 6th so Leeds did us a favour beating Bristol. Let's just take it one game at a time and see if some playoff contenders fall by the wayside.
Which is what will happen. Happens each year. They will have to play each other as well as the top sides. Then you have the sides near the bottom playing for their survival.

shepardo01

Did we get a draw at Norwich in the lockdown season? I seem to remember Biamou scoring.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yes, think it was our best chance ever to get something - if I recall,they had most of their (or something like that) first choice/ key players missing.

stevefloyd

Going to be a real threat to our unbeaten run I think. Surely we won’t start Godden again, I love Matty but he doesn’t worry the opposition enough. It has to be Simms for me now. He’s not the best either but his physical prescence seems to intimidate defenders.
The only thing he worries atm is his team mates with his constant moaning

Users who are viewing this thread