No more games at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Rent reduced to £400k.

Paying £400k a year to play at the Ricoh, or £30m to build a new one. It would take 75 years for the club to see the benefit of that.

The cost of building a new ground, from planning right through to construction, would likely cost a lot more than £30m. It's lunacy but then again I thought the same went for the rest of Fisher's crackpot ideas.

CJparker

You have always wanted the lock out. Now this is happening. Why do you think the FA support the club and not the council and why are you bothered? You have what you wanted.

No, I want SISU out - I do not want the club to leave the Ricoh. I never thought SISU would have the front to try this. Sick bastards

Tad

If Sisu paid up, there would be absolutely no reason for ACL to sit down with them and discuss anything at all. Money paid, piss off.
This has been taken far to far, but 'just paying up' doesn't work as a bargaining tool.

No. Because if ACL refused, SISU could of easily gone above them and ACL would be the bad guys in all this.

DRFC2

Are Coventry city going to refund us our ticket money? Firstly the date is changed, now we don't even know where it will be played after getting 2 lots of tickets to travel. 1st lot for the original date 2nd lot for the day earlier, I'm not paying out for a 3rd lot of tickets for travelling wherever it might be.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is it though? He's been a strong advocate of this, yet, when SISU leave the RICOH as opposed to getting 'locked out' by ACL, they are 'unbelievable', it's hypocrisy in its highest form!

This could be a good thing.

I fail to see how voluntarily getting a 10 point deduction and moving the club out of Coventry could be at all good.

CJparker

Look the council can let the club play at the Ricoh still. Ipswich and Hull both have made similar gestures and ended up playing for free.

Up to the council.

There are no other buyers for the club so its do that or bye bye.

A fan of blackmail, are we?

chiefdave

we've only got 3 home games left haven't we? Can't imagine, should we play them elsewhere, the attendance will drop off a cliff. The novelty factor will probably draw a few in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Look the council can let the club play at the Ricoh still. Ipswich and Hull both have made similar gestures and ended up playing for free.

Up to the council.

The money is patently there and the offer on the table gives the club everything it asked for. It is being rejected because the club refuses to pay the arrears it racked up by breaking a legally binding agreement which they have been ducking out of for a year. It's a complete travesty.

Brighton Sky Blue

we've only got 3 home games left haven't we? Can't imagine, should we play them elsewhere, the attendance will drop off a cliff. The novelty factor will probably draw a few in.

Perhaps clubs up and down the country will be following our example. Total fecking nonsense.

stupot07

Rent reduced to £400k.

Paying £400k a year to play at the Ricoh, or £30m to build a new one. It would take 75 years for the club to see the benefit of that.

It would only take 23 years at £1.3m per years, the ricoh wad opened 7 1/2 years ago- we'd have already paid a third of that off by now.

Flying Fokker

Up to the council.

Did you expect SISU to do this? They have our interests at heart dont they? You continue the line of no buyers and always without fail put a negative slant on any situation. Isn't it about time you started supporting the city.

Grendel

Exactly. Ex-fucking-actly

If they really wanted to they could make it work they have sufficient funds.

We are locked out CJ! Party time!!

You seem a bit underwhelmed mate but you always wanted a lock out didn't you?

elephanttears

Rent reduced to £400k.

No, it could pay if off in one year when they get promoted the premiership from improving the squad due to having all revenue streams. The council have already said they would never sell their 50% share of the Ricoh so we can never own it. Whats the point being in it filling the bellies of ACL.

Mr T - Sukka!

Just told my wife and she thinks it's hilarious that I am sad about it and is laughing because it is 'so very, very trivial.' Her and her friend here think it is laughable. It's only football.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Otis, a tip for you mate. When she is out take her best clothes out of the wardrobe along with her favourite handbags and shoes. Create a big bonfire in the garden for when she returns. And when she goes mental and realises it her stuff just shrug and say "why you being so trivial its only clothes etc! :claping hands:

Maybe then some women will get it.

Colesy55

Are Coventry city going to refund us our ticket money? Firstly the date is changed, now we don't even know where it will be played after getting 2 lots of tickets to travel. 1st lot for the original date 2nd lot for the day earlier, I'm not paying out for a 3rd lot of tickets for travelling wherever it might be.

You know as much as us mate ! It's a total guessing game at the moment !

Brighton Sky Blue

No, it could pay if off in one year when they get promoted the premiership from improving the squad due to having all revenue streams. The council have already said they would never sell their 50% share of the Ricoh so we can never own it. Whats the point being in it filling the bellies of ACL.

Are you blind?

Grendel

Did you expect SISU to do this? They have our interests at heart dont they? You continue the line of no buyers and always without fail put a negative slant on any situation. Isn't it about time you started supporting the city.

Or perahaps your next post will be something like:

I support the football club and if others did like they did at Hull, Ipswich, Doncaster etc. instead of bleating and defending a landlord this would never have happened.

The Ricoh arrangement was always unworkable, council now have a choice let the club play or lock us out.

CJparker

If they really wanted to they could make it work they have sufficient funds.

We are locked out CJ! Party time!!

You seem a bit underwhelmed mate but you always wanted a lock out didn't you?

I don't understand why SISU are still fighting....why havent they just given up....they can't leave the Ricoh, it's just impractical...I am embarrased for the club and look forward to them going back to the negotiating table with their tails between their legs.

Surely you never expected this.

Hopefully there will be an appear where the FL/FA will refuse us permission to move mid-season. Hoepfully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order. Hopefully the judge will reject SISU's defence in court tomorrow. That would shoot SISU up the arse good and proper.

mark82

Piss off mate, we have more important things to worry about than your fucking train tickets.

coundonskyblue

Premiership? Seriously what planet are you on?

Presumably the club would have to borrow money in the interim, where will they get that from?

lordsummerisle

That's part of the crap deal that was in place. We have to accept that. I don't like it either, but that's where it is. SISU should of paid they're bills, then sat down with them and spoke to them. We are where we are now because SISU spat they're dummy out.

I have to ask, what muppet at this club agreed to this deal in the first place?!

Think it was probably McGinnity who agreed to the deal.

Think that both have been spitting their dummies out to be fair.

Brighton Sky Blue

I support the football club and if others did like they did at Hull, Ipswich, Doncaster etc. instead of bleating and defending a landlord this would never have happened.

The Ricoh arrangement was always unworkable, council now have a choice let the club play or lock us out.

Club have a choice-accept the offer and put an end to this ridiculous scenario.

elephanttears

The money is patently there and the offer on the table gives the club everything it asked for. It is being rejected because the club refuses to pay the arrears it racked up by breaking a legally binding agreement which they have been ducking out of for a year. It's a complete travesty.

Are you a CCFC fan? let me put it this way. If you had a Mrs (CCFC) and she refused to pay her credit card bill would you tell her she is breaking a legally bining agreement and she must pay up. No you would back her to the hilt show the club a bit of loyalty who is ACL to you?

CJparker

Pathetic - you are blaming us, the fans, for this - unbelievable

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't understand why SISU are still fighting....why havent they just given up....they can't leave the Ricoh, it's just impractical...I am embarrased for the club and look forward to them going back to the negotiating table with their tails between their legs.

Surely you never expected this.

Hopefully there will be an appear where the FL/FA will refuse us permission to move mid-season. Hoepfully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order. Hopefully the judge will reject SISU's defence in court tomorrow. That would shoot SISU up the arse good and proper.

Jesus wept not again.

Mucca Mad Boys

If you cannot see the difference you are not open to reason.
One is pursuing a debt legally, after negotiating endlessly and waiting for payment. The other is leaving to avoid a legal debt. Simple, right and wrong, and no hypocrisy at all.

Quite clearly I can see the difference, one is ACL, the other SISU, one is always right, the other is always wrong.

ACL have pursued their debt legally via the courts, if they locked us out, it wouldn't affect this situation in regards to actually collecting rent as CCFC would have to find somewhere else to play. If ACL did do that, it'd be welcomed. Now, however, SISU have left, they're unbelievable? - Unbelievable.

It's also morally wrong to be overcharging someone 6x the market value, but hey.

They would not be able to refuse planning permission out of spite, as much as they would like to. Cretins.

Not out of spite, but could easily refuse it on the basis of A) the the city doesn't NEED another large stadium, B) the city needs houses not another stadium C) they would have to do a viability assessment...which would be hard to prove.

I have no problem with ACL kicking SISU and CCFC out, SISU are the the worse thing to happy to the City of Coventry since the German regeneration consultants decided that the cathedral would look better open air and the rest of the city looked a bit bumpy so decided to flatten that too

Users who are viewing this thread