No more domestic ifollow (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just had an email saying it won't be a thing next season. So no more paying for it for mid week games!

shmmeee

Still on VPN/firestick tho I assume? It’s just the EFL being allergic to money.

Briles

Yup moving to sky

Alkhen

I think the whole 3pm black out needs looking at. As it stands if you want to watch the games you can anyway, they aren't going to beat the streamers, may as well monetise it for the clubs.

I'm not actually sure how much it would really effect the crowds either. people go to the matches for a whole experience. Instead they are going to spread games through out the week so they can show more, seems a bit backwards to me.

Woolly68

Are there any benefits in keeping the yearly subscription if most matches will be on Sky? Not sure now. Might cancel

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
QA's here -

Highlights for those not aware -
  • 5 out of 12 weekend round of Championship fixtures live (so 7 will be on the 3pm Sat slot)
  • Championship clubs will be live approximately 23 times per season
  • All opening and final day fixtures
  • All midweek league fixtures
  • All bank holiday fixtures including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
  • And all Carabao Cup (so 1 game for us...)

MTK

I wonder what it means for red button games. Maybe the increased number of games shown means there won’t also be bonus stream games on the red button as well. I can’t generally go to away games any more. I always buy a £10 iFollow pass for any available away games. I don’t think I’d ever go back to the full Sky subscription but it might make the other options like Now TV and Sky stream more attractive.

samccov1987

I wonder what it means for red button games. Maybe the increased number of games shown means there won’t also be bonus stream games on the red button as well. I can’t generally go to away games any more. I always buy a £10 iFollow pass for any available away games. I don’t think I’d ever go back to the full Sky subscription but it might make the other options like Now TV and Sky stream more attractive.
More red button was my understanding that’s why domestic I follow has gone.
Think they will have five championship games on each weekend on main channels so guessing Friday night, two Saturday and two Sunday scheduled around the premier league games they have on, maybe even a Monday night game.

MusicDating

It will do; it just won’t be available in the UK.
Ah, yes, you're right, missed the word Domestic. I always forget about folk swanning about Italy :sneaky: ...

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
  • From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
  • Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

Robinshio

So by the sounds of it, likely kick off times to include: -

5pm Friday - before Friday night PL fixture.
9:30am Sunday - before PL fixture.
Midnight on Thursday.
and Doug has arranged that we have the Thursday and Friday slots at home in the same week

aloisiwouldhavescored

We normally watch the games again the next day on ifollow (there's no hope for us!). Will that still be available from next season?

Liquicon

We normally watch the games again the next day on ifollow (there's no hope for us!). Will that still be available from next season?
I wouldn't expect that to change. All matches this season, including those on sky, get the full replay on ifollow. Think this will only apply to watching live on ifollow.

Sick Boy

Based on my dealings with them, I think they’ve invested more money in clamping down on VPN use. I suspect it’ll be ramped up again with the Sky deal coming in.

koelarc

Midnight on Thursday.
Guess they'll be on at the same time as any BT sports / TNT Premier league matches

AngryAnt

I think the whole 3pm black out needs looking at. As it stands if you want to watch the games you can anyway, they aren't going to beat the streamers, may as well monetise it for the clubs.

I'm not actually sure how much it would really effect the crowds either. people go to the matches for a whole experience. Instead they are going to spread games through out the week so they can show more, seems a bit backwards to me.

I agree, not sure the 3pm blackout is really relevant anymore, they could always trial it for a season and see if attendances dip.
I've wondered why they couldn't roll it into the season ticket, i.e if you've had one for 3/5 years you can purchase a streaming sub for games. Means the club still has your support but when life gets in the way (or you can't get an away ticket to games), you can still follow the club.

Sbarcher

Oh no, does that mean we lose our own commentary?

SBbucks

Midnight on Thursday.

Highly unlikely, can’t see it being it 5pm on a Friday, would cause even more outcry than the usual changes. Some of them will overlap with PL games as they sometimes do now. You might be right on 9:30 Sunday though

shmmeee

Based on my dealings with them, I think they’ve invested more money in clamping down on VPN use. I suspect it’ll be ramped up again with the Sky deal coming in.

Silly policy. It’s what drove me to stop paying and get a firestick. Got tired of paying £10 a game then being locked out of it. I get that officially they aren’t allowed to show the games here, but in reality it’s driving people to piracy and the industry needs to figure it out.

AJB1983

Another question… would we be able to listen to the CWR commentary over the internet say on bbc sounds rather than on an actual radio say in the car.
As you can’t currently unless you pay for the privilege.

Woolly68

You won't have a choice, ifollow won't exist!
where does it say it won’t exist? Just no domestic live matches, isn’t it. I assume it will still exist for live radio commentary on matches, re-runs after 24 hour and all highlights and interview or is it everything.

MusicDating

where does it say it won’t exist? Just no domestic live matches, isn’t it. I assume it will still exist for live radio commentary on matches, re-runs after 24 hour and all highlights and interview or is it everything.
Aye, I may have gone a tad early with that statement 😬 Still a lot of unknown as to what the subscription ifollow service will be. Defo no live visual games on it in the UK next season though.

covcity4life

Ah, yes, you're right, missed the word Domestic. I always forget about folk swanning about Italy :sneaky: ...

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
  • From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
  • Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
But is every game live on sky or just most of them?

If only 5 of 12 live then it's prob still worth getting ifollow overseas package with VPN?

Sick Boy

But is every game live on sky or just most of them?

If only 5 of 12 live then it's prob still worth getting ifollow overseas package with VPN?
As Sky will be involved, I suspect they’ll clamp down further and you’ll struggle unless you’ve got an overseas address and card.

Users who are viewing this thread