No international postage Royal Mail strikes (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

As above, apparently Royal Mail can’t do any international postage at the minute because of strikes. Mental but okay.

Any recommendations for an international mail courier? It’s just an important document not a parcel. I had a look for fedex and UPS locations but just seem to be either sketchy places or an access point

Nick

Administrator
I thought they had been hacked or it was an IT issue?

Access points are usually fine to drop things off. Have found ups to be better than FedEx, more locations.

Terry Gibson's perm

As above, apparently Royal Mail can’t do any international postage at the minute because of strikes. Mental but okay.

Any recommendations for an international mail courier? It’s just an important document not a parcel. I had a look for fedex and UPS locations but just seem to be either sketchy places or an access point

You could take it to the customer centre in Dordon, as Nick says we fly to more places than FedEx

Sick Boy

I’ve used DHL for documents without problems and they came to pick it up. TNT are decent for parcels and are a bit cheaper.

skybluetony176

We used to use TNT at work for couriering documents internationally but when fedex took over/merged with them they became utter wank. Now use DHL, much better.

Only other advice I would give is to check insurance for consequential losses should the documents be lost. We only had it happen once (with TNT) and the consequential losses weren’t covered by standard insurance. To reissue documents and cover the costs caused by the late arrival of the documents cost us just shy of a grand and it wasn’t covered and upgraded the insurance was about £20 from memory. IIRC Royal Mail international has consequential losses as standard so worth bearing in mind.

robbiekeane

Still no fucking international mail being accepted from Royal Mail? It’s been a month how fucking embarassing

Users who are viewing this thread