No Google - Who scored our last Championship League goal? (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

I couldn't have done it without the Google. Display your knowledge though by stating/guessing who indeed was our last Championship goalscorer.

Skybluefaz

2020-08-21_11h13_21.png
This is how we lined up in the first game of the last season v Leicester at home ( one nil defeat )
How do we feel we match up? I'd take McSheffrey as he peaking at that point. That's about it though. Juke was decent, but not quite the finished article.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 16493
This is how we lined up in the first game of the last season v Leicester at home ( one nil defeat )
How do we feel we match up? I'd take McSheffrey as he peaking at that point. That's about it though. Juke was decent, but not quite the finished article.

McSheffrey was past his best by then, this was his second spell. Still a useful player mind and probably one of the better ones in that team. I'd have Christie with Dabo out injured and I always rated Cranie.

cooperskyblue

View attachment 16493
From that team and taking the players at their quality then, Keogh, Jutkiewicz, McSheffrey.

Skybluefaz

McSheffrey was past his best by then, this was his second spell. Still a useful player mind and probably one of the better ones in that team. I'd have Christie with Dabo out injured and I always rated Cranie.
Oh I forgot this was post Blues for him. I think I'd leave him in that case. Christie was outstanding going forward in particular.

shmmeee

Juke would be perfect for our system I reckon. Christie ahead of Dabo (just) for me. Keogh on the right of the back three. Maybe little Sheff in the squad for strength in depth. Murphy to compete with Marosi. Maybe Clingan as cover over Eccles at DM. Other than that I’m not sure I’d take any of that squad.

That’s made me feel a lot more positive about this season actually!

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

View attachment 16493

I'd take Murphy as competition for Marosi but not necessarily ahead of him. Same with Dabo and Christie.

Keogh I'd have in the back three and Cranie as a squad back-up.

Given that we're still a bit light at CDM I'd also take Clingan as squad back-up but I'm hoping we'll sign someone to fill that gap.

I'd put Juke up front ahead of Godden. Just feels more suited to that role even though I think Godden is probably the better finisher. Good option to have on the bench though.

SkyBlueGuy

View attachment 16493

I'd nearly take the entire defence here. Joe Murphy was a great keeper. Keogh showed what he was capable of while here and stepped it up a gear after he left. Cranie was solid, and although I remember Christie getting a lot of criticism from fans when with us, he also showed how good he was after he went.

Not sure who I'd put in the starting line up though VS who we have now...

Skybluefaz

I'd nearly take the entire defence here. Joe Murphy was a great keeper. Keogh showed what he was capable of while here and stepped it up a gear after he left. Cranie was solid, and although I remember Christie getting a lot of criticism from fans when with us, he also showed how good he was after he went.

Not sure who I'd put in the starting line up though VS who we have now...
Yeah I was only really talking about starters, Keogh was a man who would go into war for you, but I wouldn't want to see him and Murphy playing out from the back :sick:

shmmeee

Not in that lineup, but does anyone else reckon Freddy Eastwood would have thrived in the O’Hare/Shipley role?

Callum Wilson and Jordan Willis also in that squad.

Skybluefaz

Not in that lineup, but does anyone else reckon Freddy Eastwood would have thrived in the O’Hare/Shipley role?

Eastwood was not cut out for it ultimately, similar to Baka and I hope Baka can shake it off but both seem to have potential but not the capacity to realise it.

fernandopartridge

No, I don't. Eastwood was a flash in the pan player and we signed him just after the flame died out

skybluesam66

Baker got a red in that game - they were already down to 10 - and then Baker got himself a red - costing us the 3 points, and we then went on a terrible run

skybluegod

The defence was really good for the level at the time, but the rest of the team was very very poor, you only have to look at how the midfield/attackers careers went after they left us to see how truly poor it was. Only Juke and Baker had a decent career after us!

fernandopartridge

The defence was really good for the level at the time, but the rest of the team was very very poor, you only have to look at how the midfield/attackers careers went after they left us to see how truly poor it was. Only Juke and Baker had a decent career after us!

Baker was a League One player so was above his level at the time anyway, he did OK after that but mostly at L1 level.

Mucca Mad Boys

View attachment 16493

Cyrus Christie, Juke, and Cranie for me. Would’ve also taken Keogh had it not been for his injury.

The rest of that team is pretty shocking tbh. Joe Murphy was good at the time. Bigi was a spark at the time, but his career nosedived after he left us (both times).

Sick Boy

That season was one of the worst in recent memory, still can't believe so many defended Thorn for so long when he was clearly way out of his depth.

Users who are viewing this thread