Next years budget (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

How much extra do we think this season has put into the coffers?
25k plus crowds and the cup run must surely have put an unexpected few million into the bank?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

25k plus crowds and the cup run must surely have put an unexpected few million into the bank?
Revenue must have been higher than expected but our wage bill has surely also gone up a fair bit with all the signings made. I think any major signings are likely to be financed by sales (or sell on revenue) in the main. This is unless King decides to take a bit of a gamble and invest more, sonething i dont think he has sounded likely to do previously

Sick Boy

Revenue must have been higher than expected but our wage bill has surely also gone up a fair bit with all the signings made. I think any major signings are likely to be financed by sales (or sell on revenue) in the main. This is unless King decides to take a bit of a gamble and invest more, sonething i dont think he has sounded likely to do previously
Has King actually invested any money of his own?

bigfatronssba

Presumably the Hamer fee went on running costs?

Very disappointing if that’s the case.

Why buy a club knowing it’s operating at a loss unless you’re willing to fund the loss?

bigfatronssba

Mason Clark and Torp as well. Probably a bit left but can’t imagine it would be significant enough for big squad changes.

Where did the rest of the Gyokeres fee go?

alexccfc99

I don't really think we need loads tbh - a couple to add to the starting 11 and then a few squad players

But I do have a gut-wrenching feeling Sheaf will be flogged if Gyokeres decides to stay at Lisbon, or picks up a long term injury thus preventing a move

Has King actually invested any money of his own?
No idea, not sure if it will ever become clear over time either. That isn't to knock him really either, things are going well currently and the club has a much better feel to it now. However, i dont see us spending big sums this summer without some fairly big departures or an unexpected investor coming in like has happened elsewhere.

bigfatronssba

No idea, not sure if it will ever become clear over time either. That isn't to knock him really either, things are going well currently and the club has a much better feel to it now. However, i dont see us spending big sums this summer without some fairly big departures or an unexpected investor coming in like has happened elsewhere.

If we’re using player sales to fund operating losses then we’ll never progress.

No business is successful when its business model involves selling assets to plug operating losses. Eventually you run out of assets to sell.

No business is successful when its business model involves selling assets to plug operating losses. Eventually you run out of assets to sell.
Well i dont get the impression he intends to bankroll us in the way teams like Brentford have been so the plan may be to try and strike lucky over these next 4 seasons and get access to the PL goldmine. I think the next few sets of accounts will make for interesting reading.

djr8369

This is why he is trying to drive up revenue.

hamertime

With Ephron & saka to come back I don’t think we need any more attacking players. We do need a top goalie I’d keep Wilson as a no 2 and get rid of Collins.

If we could get someone else of real proven quality in midfield we could hit the ground running, can’t rely on sheaf all the time as if he’s injured we’re pretty fucked.

Sky Blue Harry H

Very disappointing if that’s the case.

Why buy a club knowing it’s operating at a loss unless you’re willing to fund the loss?

You want/need any owner to put the club on a sound financial footing. That means making it as sustainable as possible - you don't want to end up as one of these basket case clubs that seem to have their chickens coming home to roost. IF DK doesn't put in any more of his more (other than the original purchase), then that's fine by me, as long as he doesn't take it out, and as long as he instigates a viable business model for us. If so, relative success should follow (Mike Ashley caveat)

Sick Boy

With Ephron & saka to come back I don’t think we need any more attacking players. We do need a top goalie I’d keep Wilson as a no 2 and get rid of Collins.

If we could get someone else of real proven quality in midfield we could hit the ground running, can’t rely on sheaf all the time as if he’s injured we’re pretty fucked.
We’ll need at least one new striker to replace Godden. There’s more chance of Wilson being let go than Collins.

Brighton Sky Blue

You need COH and Godden replacements at least

Viktor17

Think we need more than people think:
Centre Back - need at least 1 (Depending what happens with Binks)
Left Back - Perfect world if they could flip JDS and get new in
Midfield - Probably need x2 - Kelly replace and potentially Allen
No 10.
Right Winger - already confirmed we are targeting
Striker - Golden replacment

So ignoring LB that's 6 at bare minimum (Layer in we are short anyway - another couple). I think we should use the loan market again, albeit wisely.

Kingokings204

I suspect we may be in for quite an exciting summer. King is a businessman. Current squad = touching distance of prem. I think he’ll try and get it over the line.

this is the point. We are close and better than last season team wise. A couple of squad players and some exciting first teamers like EMC and we aren’t very far away.

Remember it should in theory be a much more competitive league and “easier” 2 out of Leicester Ipswich Southampton and Leeds will go up if not 3 of them. They are on another level to Burnley Sheffield United and Luton. This summer is the best chance for 20 odd years to get it right. And we are almost there.

hamertime

We’ll need at least one new striker to replace Godden. There’s more chance of Wilson being let go than Collins.
The reason I’d letting collins go is Wilson would be happy to be a no 2 Collins wouldn’t. There is hardly any difference between them quality wise.

Hobo

We still have debt so you could say nothing.

Sick Boy

The reason I’d letting collins go is Wilson would be happy to be a no 2 Collins wouldn’t. There is hardly any difference between them quality wise.
Collins is young and has potential, we’re unlikely to let him go in favour of keeping Wilson who I expect will be released when his contract is up. Personally, I expect Collins will start as our number 1 next season.

Hobo

I wouldn’t say the current squad is within touching distance of the PL. It’d need 4-5 new first team players to be.

I would agree, potentially that is what is needed perhaps to get there. But that doesn't necessarily make us Premier League ready.

skybluericoh

A lot will be determined by ST sales. I hope that all those that can do Renew or purchase new.
As a club / fan base we seeing an increase in numbers which should = higher revenue, but I would sooner see steady progress over gambling like some other championship clubs appear to have done. If you fail it can put you back years.

Users who are viewing this thread