DrMoose

Apr 4, 2014
Thought I'd pose this....Does anyone know if the FL have any rules or guidelines, regarding a league club using the ground of a non league club, given the likelihood that Northampton will be in the conference playing Nuneaton....I suspect they wont care as long as the ground is fit for purpose...In addition is anyone aware of this happening before, or is this going to be another unwanted record for us, to go with a new one we will no doubt create with the percentage of empty seats...It's all very sad

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
I can't see the league position of the host having much bearing on the suitability of the stadium.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Do AFC Wimbeldon play at a non league ground, wouldn't matter about rules or guidelines they just change them to suit themselves at the football league.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Bristol Rovers played in Bath for 10 years so no.

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria

Neutral Fan

Feb 22, 2014
Capacity will be 10, 000 at the start of the new season.

Funds have come from a loan from NBC, repayable when new houses are sold...part of NTFCs overall development plans for the area...which they have a 150 year lease on.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
What will the capacity be whilst they do the ground improvements with taxpayers money? ;)

State funding on a football ground? Don't be silly, that's not allowed. They'll have the state funding police after them. ;-)

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
Will the non league side Northampton take priority over the FL side Coventry and play on Saturdays ?

We are slowly becoming a joke club.

I don't think that will be likely as they should be able to work the fixture list's around this with the advanced notice they have this time. If I remember correctly the FL's rule is the the team in the higher league take preference but timmy waved it for this season as part of the rent deal that sisu knew nothing about. It would be interesting if we go on a good cup run and need more Saturday's. Do the FL have jurisdiction over the conference? Can they insist that Northampton move their fixture list around to suit ours?

Leamington Pete

Jul 20, 2012
The fixtures were already published by the time we announced the ground share, hence the Saturday fixture clashes. Next season presumably the leagues will work around it with the two clubs playing alternate weekends at "home".

DaleM

Apr 19, 2013
Will the non league side Northampton take priority over the FL side Coventry and play on Saturdays ?

We are slowly becoming a joke club.

How about this scenario then .

Northampton relegated and SISU lose JR .
SISU Strike a deal with Cardoza to amalgamate the two clubs .150 yr lease ? . Long term payback of "investors"
10000 seat stadium ready to use, a football league team in Northampton . End of any attempt to get back to Cov.

You never know ............. Stranger things have happened in this sorry saga.

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Funds have come from a loan from NBC.

But we all know councils can't loan money for this kind of thing, expect SISU to launch a JR any minute now! To be serious if SISU were to win the JR would there not be a knock on effect for other stadiums that have received council funding / loans or plan to do so in the future?

Neutral Fan

Feb 22, 2014
But we all know councils can't loan money for this kind of thing, expect SISU to launch a JR any minute now! To be serious if SISU were to win the JR would there not be a knock on effect for other stadiums that have
received council funding / loans or plan to do so in the future?

The loan from NBC was at a (low) rate of interest hence not State Aid. MKBC bent over backwards to help Winkie franchise Wimbledon to their town.

It feels to me that CCC got themselves financially stuck into a situation that meant they were then unable to help their local football club and had to dig in and not offer a long lease or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread