Next Seasons season ticket...or not. (1 Viewer)

Seaside-Skyblue

Seems like everyone is feeling very depressed about this and I don't blame them. I've just finished my degree and planned to come from Bpool for several games. I was excited that for the first time in my life I have a bit of time to follow city at home properly and become integrated in the club and travel down for the match days. I've been so excited for this. Yet now I feel quite numb towards the wasps owned Ricoh and questioning whether I can even be bothered if our own club can't.

covboy1987

After 52 years in the bag ( not including Shitfields). I'm gonna have to say it will have to take a big push to make me renew my ST for next season. The whole set up between CCC, CCFC, Higgs, and of course "W"shhhhh (don't want it to go the sub forum) is just beyond belief. Something has to be given back to the fans first to dangle the carrot to make us believe again cos at the moment I'm not seeing the positives to make me want to commit to a whole season up front again. Or am I just being unreasonable and that the powers that be have it all sorted for an attack to the top?

Good thread, me and my mates are definitely not getting one for a number of reasons (1) the Ricoh is our home and why spend it seems more money on a new stadium when a deal could have been done for the Ricoh more than likely out of our city if it ever happened? which I happen to think it will not (2) all of our players from last season have departed and if we had kept them we would be top of the league with 25,000 crowds at home (3) the abuse in some quarters Presley has been getting when the guy is an excellent manager, and should have gone when he was asked to slash his budget as he has done himself no favours -we all happen to also think he will go far in the game (everyone keep this part of the thread to refer back to when he is successful at another club) (4) the experience on a Saturday at home is basically boring and it looks like we are going out of habit rather than support (5) new owners new investment is the only thing that will get us back up watching next season -do not even blame the present owners for the current situation (playing staff) as they have a budget and are sticking to it - we need a consortium that will invest big money as there is nothing wrong with us sharing a stadium with what looks like fantastic landlords

Samo

Good thread, me and my mates are definitely not getting one for a number of reasons (1) the Ricoh is our home and why spend it seems more money on a new stadium when a deal could have been done for the Ricoh more than likely out of our city if it ever happened? which I happen to think it will not (2) all of our players from last season have departed and if we had kept them we would be top of the league with 25,000 crowds at home (3) the abuse in some quarters Presley has been getting when the guy is an excellent manager, and should have gone when he was asked to slash his budget as he has done himself no favours -we all happen to also think he will go far in the game (everyone keep this part of the thread to refer back to when he is successful at another club) (4) the experience on a Saturday at home is basically boring and it looks like we are going out of habit rather than support (5) new owners new investment is the only thing that will get us back up watching next season -do not even blame the present owners for the current situation (playing staff) as they have a budget and are sticking to it - we need a consortium that will invest big money as there is nothing wrong with us sharing a stadium with what looks like fantastic landlords

Would you explain to me why you think he's an excellent manager? His record strongly suggests the opposite.

Ashdown

I wouldn't trust SISU with a lump of my cash up front, not a chance. I had 20 Season Tickets going forward from 1992 but I'm not committing my weekends to one cause until the hedge fund have fucked off. In the meantime I'll mix up my sport between City, Cov Rugby, Cov Bees and National Hunt racing. I also play golf and cricket. SISU broke the habit when they took us to Northampton and I doubt I'm not on my own.

rupert_bear

Unless there is a massive shift in policy I will never put advance money in the pockets of these charletons running our football club and certainly not with Fisher or Waggott at the helm.

rupert_bear

Can't really see the argument of the Wasps thing affecting buying a Sky Blue season ticket or not. The rugby club and football club are separate, at the moment and Wasps is just a name change from ACL for me. As said before I won't be buying a city season ticket while sisu own us or continue to operate this current policy towards my football club.

Covstu

Interesting thread, my heart isnt really in it anymore which is tragic. I just feel beatdown and battered on all things CCFC, everything is bad news, everything just should not have got this far. I dont think i can step into that arena which black and yellow seats, that will be the end for me as a 'home' supporter.

I think it would be great if we could maintain a strong away support like with did in the 6fields time to show that we can back the club but will not put up with being scabby lodgers that have been evicted out of our own home.

Samo

Can't really see the argument of the Wasps thing affecting buying a Sky Blue season ticket or not. The rugby club and football club are separate, at the moment and Wasps is just a name change from ACL for me. As said before I won't be buying a city season ticket while sisu own us or continue to operate this current policy towards my football club.

So you hadn't hoped the club would one day own the stadium or ACL?

skybluesam1987

The one thing all football fans have, whether they be European Champions or Combination relegation candidates, is hope. We always think the next game will be better, the next cup run, the next season. We can always hope for better and imagine how things could be in the future. That brighter future comes along rarely for very few clubs but we still keep thinking our brighter future is just around the corner. The trouble with being a Sky Blues supporter at the moment is that Sisu have somehow managed to remove our hope. It's difficult for us to see anything beyond what we have now other than things becoming worse. The owners tell us they have a long term vision but it's difficult for us to believe anything they say because they have proven themselves to be disingenuous so many times in the past.
Please forgive my rambling. In answer to the op's question. No, I won't be renewing next season unless there are dramatic changes in the meantime.

albatross

This is a really sad thread and unfortunately I am no different to many on here. Fan all my life Season tickets in the 80's 90's and 2000's but gave up several seasons ago. Last home game i attended was Shrewsbury a couple of christmases ago.

Went to two away games with my son last season but only where I could purchase directly from the home club and not through CCFC.

Purchased two tickets for the Gills match but in the end gave them to an older couple that had been supporting since the 50's and were thrilled to see us back home. Stayed in and watched it on TV in the end... no other commitments just stayed in. (that in itself is sad). The whole sorry episode had sapped my enthusiasm to attend any live sport.

I bet all on this board (age and ability aside) would have pulled on the shirt for nothing , just the chance to play?

Football really has lost me.

This weekend I will be going along to the Butts Park Arena to see a team that play for pride. I'll listen out for the score at half time.

Sky Blue Harry H

Although a lot can change in a short period of time, the problem for a lot of fans (I think) is that if we start to turn things in an upward direction on the pitch, whoever is responsible for that upward curve will be cherry picked (a la Wilson) and as fans we can only envisage the consequence of that. We always knew in the past that players came and went, but in our current predicament we seem to sell any nugget we discover and replace with relative mediocrity. That is why many are disillusioned and waiting for some sort of positive vision and leadership from our 'nameless ones' at the top.

Steve.B50

Am going to say no to next year, for no other reason than I will probably miss a great deal of the start of the 2015/1016 season.

letsallsingtogether

I never renewed mine this year after god knows how many years, because we were at Shitfields and then just never got around to it.

I doubt I will renew next year because I don't trust our owners.

So with a Heavy heart have t say NO:(

Wheelfass

I never renewed mine this year after god knows how many years, because we were at Shitfields and then just never got around to it.

I doubt I will renew next year because I don't trust our owners.

So with a Heavy heart have t say NO:(
Didn't go to Shitfields either mate. I should never have trusted my miss-felt reasons of patriotism for buying into the ST's for this season either. But hey, Just another £600+ for the two of us. Taint gonna be happening next season without some BIG CHANGES.

Samo

Can't afford it alongside my Wasps season ticket.

lol jokes, I will probably renew

Of course you are joking but just in case your not; I hope you're nob gets caught in a blender.

Sky Blue Harry H

Of course you are joking but just in case your not; I hope you're nob gets caught in a blender.

Welease Bwian, but keep you're nob, well away from Blenda - sorry Samo, just sounded too Monty Pythonish to resist

Samo

In my post #53, I wrote partially in white text so it can't be seen because I'm sneaky like that. If you
highlight my post using your cursor you should be able to see it :p

Well that's just unfair! How am I supposed to cynically attack you if you pull this shit! (and how can I do it?)

WestEndAgro

Doubt it, rashly renewed this season with all the euphoria of returning, but the fire in my heart is extinguishing ! CCFC were my first and only true love, but not anymore, SISU have dismantled this club and left only ruins in its place.

Ill always bleed sky blue blood, and i genuinely felt i would watch the Sky blues untill my dying day, however it's no longer the club I fell for over 45 years ago, my money will be spent elsewhere !

Covcraig@bury

Not for me, between Sisu/ccc/Higgs/acl and the gut less FA/FL they have killed the love I once had for Ccfc . Thanks for the memories but no thanks for a season ticket RIP !!

covboy1987

Would you explain to me why you think he's an excellent manager? His record strongly suggests the opposite.

I will be quite honest with i don't know what his records/stats as i am not interested in this context as i do not think it is fair to judge him as he has had to many handicaps -I deal in fact the guy built a decent team that i watched last season (away from home only) fans of the opposing side on many occasions were complementary almost every game and we were proud to go and watch them with all the goals they scored - 12 months later all the players have disappeared as Pressley has had no choice - he built that team under incredible circumstances and as I said in the thread my only criticism of him he should have walked when he was told to cut as he done himself no favours playing loanees and kids hence his record looks poor & threads like yourself -i am also lucky enough to mix occasionally at times with ex players and managers - these type of people i can assure you all say he will go far in the game and also agree with my comments on here - even now he is hot property in the football circles where clubs are interested in his style - watch this space and keep this thread for future referral

Samo

I will be quite honest with i don't know what his records/stats as i am not interested in this context as i do not think it is fair to judge him as he has had to many handicaps -I deal in fact the guy built a decent team that i watched last season (away from home only) fans of the opposing side on many occasions were complementary almost every game and we were proud to go and watch them with all the goals they scored - 12 months later all the players have disappeared as Pressley has had no choice - he built that team under incredible circumstances and as I said in the thread my only criticism of him he should have walked when he was told to cut as he done himself no favours playing loanees and kids hence his record looks poor & threads like yourself -i am also lucky enough to mix occasionally at times with ex players and managers - these type of people i can assure you all say he will go far in the game and also agree with my comments on here - even now he is hot property in the football circles where clubs are interested in his style - watch this space and keep this thread for future referral

Bottom Line: results. We shall see.

lifelongcityfan

not sure its just about results.... the latest court case debacle show the club is being used as a tool for sisu to fight legal cases in an attempt to get there money back
does anyone really see them investing in the club in the meantime?
i , personally, am getting more fed up and cannot see an upturn until SISU leave.

season ticket renewal???....NO! its the only way i have left to protest

Steve B17

I am out next year, I was suckered back in this year after the return to the Ricoh after not going whilst we were at six fields. I have been a lifelong fan who has spent thousands at the club over the years. The whole experience of watching the team recently is awful, no atmosphere, rubbish football, today's next round of court action, the rubbish club shop with no kids merchandise, the difficulty in getting tickets, etc.etc. I could go in but it is just too sad, all the others that stopped going years ago were right, what's the point?

chiefdave

Next season is out for me. Living in Pompey I can't get to enough home games to make it worthwhile. Hopefully sometime after June 2016 when the wife finishes Uni I'll be moving back to at Cov, or at least nearby, so I'm in for the 2016/17 season, it's the main reason I'm moving!

Users who are viewing this thread