New stadium meeting with RBC (5 Viewers)

Astute

What are you on about? Do you know what the word actually means?

You certainly do but normally make out that you don't.

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

it's clear they're making some sort of case to RBC (and that RBC aren't entirely averse to the idea).

Now in my view, this is where the bull should be taken by the horns. If one council isn't entirely averse to the idea, neither should be another in the immediate locality ;) So we have to get over the hurdle of those 'investors'. I'm sure if the case were made, local plans were changed, and bygones were bygones, then said investors could be turned around also...

In itself, it should be encouraging that there might (might!) be an opportunity to keep us in 'Coventry' (the scare quotes for obvious reasons. Ansty, Broadstreet etc. OK, other places rather less so!) as any future owners need options, even if (when) our current ones eventually crash and burn.

Grendel

I'd get off that high horse. It's only the last few days you've known how to spell it

Oh look it's another council /wasps chap coming along to assist in the debate.

Manage to get a ticket for the "big one" on Sunday did you?

skybluetony176

Ah you actually don't. You've googled it and misinterpreted the issue - the outstanding loan was not the issue.

It is also worthy of note that there is no evidence this is what they wanted - the only person who said it was washing her face at the time.

Has ML had a sex change?

Astute

Ah you actually don't. You've googled it and misinterpreted the issue - the outstanding loan was not the issue.

It is also worthy of note that there is no evidence this is what they wanted - the only person who said it was washing her face at the time.

Yes I was right. You are after a stupid argument again. The last time we were on this you tried to make out that it wasn't unencumbered that Joy was after. Now you say she was having a wash when she said it?

The outstanding loan wasn't the problem? There are enough quotes from SISU that are totally opposite to what you say. But that is nothing unusual.

And you are also being untruthful on something else. Or how can you see my posts and have been able to see them all the time when you said you wouldn't be able to?

Astute

We are all CCFC supporters. Whereas you just hate CCC and that is all you seem to care about.

duffer

Now in my view, this is where the bull should be taken by the horns. If one council isn't entirely averse to the idea, neither should be another in the immediate locality ;) So we have to get over the hurdle of those 'investors'. I'm sure if the case were made, local plans were changed, and bygones were bygones, then said investors could be turned around also...

In itself, it should be encouraging that there might (might!) be an opportunity to keep us in 'Coventry' (the scare quotes for obvious reasons. Ansty, Broadstreet etc. OK, other places rather less so!) as any future owners need options, even if (when) our current ones eventually crash and burn.

There's a lot of sense in this NW, as usual. But I think the game the council played here when selling to Wasps, the simple breathtaking lies that were spouted at the time, might really have broken the relationship. I certainly wouldn't trust them again if I was running the club.

Having said that, if CCC does come out and say "How about this site then?", it does at least put it back onto our owners, current or future. I just don't see it happening in truth mate.

NorthernWisdom

There's a lot of sense in this NW, as usual. But I think the game the council played here when selling to Wasps, the simple breathtaking lies that were spouted at the time, might really have broken the relationship. I certainly wouldn't trust them again if I was running the club.

The problem is, and I'll get in first before anyone else, that's exactly what CCC would say about SISU.

And that's the impasse that causes this, and the impasse that means both forget that like it or not they need each other. But we end up trying to blame so much (and tbf, why not blame now and again!) we sometimes miss that at the moment, there is zero pressure or desire for any CCC local plan to be changed.

And without that, why should they? Forget about specific sites, that's the club's job ultimately (although you'd hope a council would work with them) but some kind of indication the council wouldn't be averse to this, as opposed to the Maton 'there is no suitable site, it's not in the local plan' would be a start, wouldn't it?

The Reverend Skyblue

What part of 'unanimous' don't you understand?

as I don't live there, as explained before I don't know the make up of the council, were there any lib dems greens and all the rest represented in the council, what I know it's just Cons and Labour no other.

by getting in parties not represented before or any other new independents then next time it won't go all there own way.

thats my point, and stop being a patronising prick

duffer

The problem is, and I'll get in first before anyone else, that's exactly what CCC would say about SISU.

And that's the impasse that causes this, and the impasse that means both forget that like it or not they need each other. But we end up trying to blame so much (and tbf, why not blame now and again!) we sometimes miss that at the moment, there is zero pressure or desire for any CCC local plan to be changed.

And without that, why should they? Forget about specific sites, that's the club's job ultimately (although you'd hope a council would work with them) but some kind of indication the council wouldn't be averse to this, as opposed to the Maton 'there is no suitable site, it's not in the local plan' would be a start, wouldn't it?

They did need each other NW, when the council owned the Ricoh. Now it's sold I think both sides are moving on. We always knew that SISU seemed impossible to deal with, but who would have guessed that the council could be so greasy. It has to put everything else that has gone on, and the opinions held at the time into a different perspective - it certainly has for me.

For all of that, I think I'm with you. Wouldn't it be a good thing if CCC said "hold up a mo, if you're serious about a new stadium let's talk". They've made such a big fecking deal about how good a franchise (minority) sporting operation is for the city, are they going to watch CCFC potentially leave town without making some sort of effort?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think I I've been using Sky Blues message boards for a duration longer than you, or before the council or Wasps were on the scene in any way. As such, your claims in that regard are about as accurate as your claims that Fisher was the best CEO we'd had in years, or SISU were the only game in town.

Ticket for the Leicester game? I wouldn't need a ticket, even if I wanted to go. Don't be silly. Do you want me to pull strings for you?

Grendel

I think I I've been using Sky Blues message boards for a duration longer than you, or before the council or Wasps were on the scene in any way. As such, your claims in that regard are about as accurate as your claims that Fisher was the best CEO we'd had in years, or SISU were the only game in town.

Ticket for the Leicester game? I wouldn't need a ticket, even if I wanted to go. Don't be silly. Do you want me to pull strings for you?

Hardly I've been offered corporate hospitality.

Grendel

Yes I was right. You are after a stupid argument again. The last time we were on this you tried to make out that it wasn't unencumbered that Joy was after. Now you say she was having a wash when she said it?

The outstanding loan wasn't the problem? There are enough quotes from SISU that are totally opposite to what you say. But that is nothing unusual.

And you are also being untruthful on something else. Or how can you see my posts and have been able to see them all the time when you said you wouldn't be able to?

The argument was centred around securing the freehold without the leases attached to them - the biggest one being acl of course. The council maintained it was impossible to break these leases without adding significant cost to the deal.

Grendel

duffer

On that note, I'd love to see CCFC in the championship, with a stadium in the city, and Wasps playing on the same day at the Ricoh. Guess who I think would have to give away the most free tickets. ;)

NorthernWisdom

For all of that, I think I'm with you. Wouldn't it be a good thing if CCC said "hold up a mo, if you're serious about a new stadium let's talk". They've made such a big fecking deal about how good a franchise (minority) sporting operation is for the city, are they going to watch CCFC potentially leave town without making some sort of effort?

None of the media driven bollux where offers aren't as they seem, either, if it's all the same...

Nick

Administrator

I doubt they give a shit, they could find ways to turn down 10 viable sites in the city and put a press release out and it would all be SISU's fault for most.

It is the same as Maton when he suggested that site in Holbrooks, the talk was then "The council are trying to help by suggesting this site". He knew full well even if SISU rocked up at the council house with bags of cash to buy the land and the best business plan you would ever see, it wasn't possible as it is there for housing, houses are already being built on it!

NorthernWisdom

On that note, I'd love to see CCFC in the championship, with a stadium in the city, and Wasps playing on the same day at the Ricoh. Guess who I think would have to give away the most free tickets. ;)

In itself, surely a council wouldn't be averse to gaining an extra leisure facility in the city? All these extra JLR employees need somewhere to spend their free time, after all...

zuni

fuck it we should march on the council house and demonstrate till they find land for our club before sisu take us on a one way trip to god knows where...mind some people will still think its ok, who was the twat who went to sixfields but whined like a bitch as he had to move his seat a few yards ffs

J

Jack Griffin

Unfortunately there is no commentary in the accounts regarding the fluctuations from year to year. Part of it will be because of cup runs (eg Chelsea? (cant remember the year), but also JPT semi would fall in to that ), some will be because of relegation from the Championship so ticket prices, crowds & tv money lower, some will be because prize money and solidarity payments lower in L1, maybe some increase because of the 125 year celebrations? Attendances 2009 and 2010 17k? But like I say we are left to make own reasons as to why

interestingly the figure for 2010 of match 9.29m and commercial 1.66m in the 2010 accounts became match 4.36m and commercial 6.59m in the comparatives in the 2011 accounts.

The accounts "were a mess", so no f****er knows where the money came from or went too with any confidence.

Hobo

I am just glad Tim Fisher is earning his money.

Astute

The argument was centred around securing the freehold without the leases attached to them - the biggest one being acl of course. The council maintained it was impossible to break these leases without adding significant cost to the deal.

So why didn't SISU want to take on the loan of which ACL owed? There were a few agreements in place. All would have cost money to get rid of. So who would have paid?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

'It also emerged during the meeting that the Football League has told the club it should pursue sites within eight miles of Earl Street.'

'Should!'

When my daughter is given homework by her teacher, the teacher says 'You must do your homework!' Not 'You should do your homework.'

If the official word is 'should' then that is rather wishy washy and doesn't at all sound definitive.

I live in Rugby and know the area well. We have an Earl Street here, off Lower Hillmorton Road. Do they mean here ? If it's within 8 miles of this Earl Street we could be talking about half way to Northampton (again) or, worryingly , north of Lutterworth and well on the way towards Leicester. Bugger. :D

TheRoyalScam

as I don't live there, as explained before I don't know the make up of the council, were there any lib dems greens and all the rest represented in the council, what I know it's just Cons and Labour no other.

by getting in parties not represented before or any other new independents then next time it won't go all there own way.

thats my point, and stop being a patronising prick

So what good will voting every Labour and Conservative councillor out tomorrow do for CCFC?

The vote was based on information provided by council officials, not councillors. SISU tried the old 'Labour against private enterprise' argument, but failed to mention that the Tories voted with the Labour majority, making it a unanimous decision. What reasoning is there that any other political parties/independents would have voted any differently?

Are you saying the council should have sold ACL to SISU simply because they controlled our 'local football club', no matter how bad the deal was for the citizens of Coventry?

Your logic is flawed because you can only see things through sky blue tinted glasses.

Or am I being too 'patronising'?

chiefdave

Cant be arsed to read 25 pages. Can someone summarise in less than 20 words?

Fisher and Waggott had a meeting with RBC. Specific sites were discussed but are block out of the meeting minutes. RBC appear to be interested and have told them to get something more formal submitted by September so they can consider it for inclusion in the Rugby city plan.

Users who are viewing this thread