New Manager (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Don't think Fisher and Co can be anymore embarrassing for us all than they already are, but appointing Ricketts as manager...

1999880396730208945wVWRif9c.jpg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The passing shot from Tim Fisher Friday night when asked by Clive Easter "how close are we to getting a manager" Fisher said "very" and a couple of days previously Venus said when asked hopefully someone will be in place before the next game, which is Boxing Day. Any news anyone ? Rumours, speculation anything !!
The Chuckle Brothers, To Me, To You. lol :wacky:

Captain Dart

Astute

Most people actually back their points up rather than just giving it the "clueless", "open your eyes" type stuff and then going AWOL when you get asked to explain what you can see that others can't.

"you know nothing"
"explain to me then"
"this is damaging your credibility you not knowing anything"
"can you explain to me what i dont know"
"open your eyes, everybody can see it"
"explain to me how it works"

Then:

giphy.gif

It is so easy to tell people they don't know anything, can't see things etc etc when you don't bother to explain what it is they don't know.

Still, I guess if you keep saying others dont know anything over and over again then people might not notice you not able to actually explain what they don't know and start to believe you ;)
That is a perfect analogy of Grendel

rupert_bear

Funny how people on here clamour for Russel Slade to be manager not much of a player in his time and done okay in previous jobs but nothing spectacular yet appear mortified at the prospect of Sam Ricketts getting the gig a man as a player has played in all four divisions. Won leagues, been an international, captained teams and is young. and perhaps more importantly knows the set up here. If it ends up someone else I will support them including Slade. It doesn't seem to register with some where we are, division three and what we are skint with little prospect of that changing any time soon.

no_loyalty

Fuck it lets go for a Welsh dream team of Giggs, Ricketts and Hartson

Otis

Funny how people on here clamour for Russel Slade to be manager not much of a player in his time and done okay in previous jobs but nothing spectacular yet appear mortified at the prospect of Sam Ricketts getting the gig a man as a player has played in all four divisions. Won leagues, been an international, captained teams and is young. and perhaps more importantly knows the set up here. If it ends up someone else I will support them including Slade. It doesn't seem to register with some where we are, division three and what we are skint with little prospect of that changing any time soon.
Err.... Slade is a manager, Ricketts is not.

Is it wrong to question someone coming in with absolutely zero experience of management?

We are second from the bottom and looking likely to be relegated, yet you think that calls for inexperience at the helm.

Okay.

steve82

You say not spectacular... I'd say he's the league one/two Jose Mourinho. He gets that little bit extra out of lower league average players. A proven man. The stand out candidate at this moment in time.

Russell Slade is done that got the t-shirt man when it comes to saving teams who are in relegation threatened spots... 3 times.

A genius when it comes to dealing in the "free market" and lower division players

Can operate on not even on so much as a shoe string.

Proven manager when it comes to building competitive squads from scratch

Nearly transformed all his clubs into play off candidates not just league also rans and relegation material

Has a habit of half decent cup runs...

Managed nearly 15 years in the football league, namely at league one and two.

While I take your points on board about Sam Ricketts yes he's a unknown quantity in management, if he was to be the manager I'm sure we'd just get on with supporting him and if he failed.... well it was a difficult task anyway for any manager.

He's had a good playing career mainly at championship and premier league level, and started in league 2 early in his career and even played in the conference, tho more recently at league one and like you say a international player, would it be more ideal for him to assist a established manager to see the actual full hands on roll of a manager tho we'd be more likely simply offer the roll of head coach and let MV do the rest if it was to come about.

Sam could well be a good manager as this is the level for managers to start there careers, yes we are that type of club now.

Question is.... is this the right club and first job such a rookie manager??

I'd rather him over any other rookie as he's been around the club and no's the squad so should be more advanced in his knowledge of this squad and its short falls.

Last edited:

Otis

Also the talk of being an international, winning things, being captain etc. is irrelevant.

Bryan Robson
Tony Adams
Paul Ince
Bobby Moore
Bobby Charlton
Geoff Hurst

All mighty fine players, all rubbish managers and the list goes on and on and on.

Completely different set of skills needed for being a manger compared to being a player.

rupert_bear

Otis, Russel Slade is an unemployed ex-manager with seemingly nobody clamouring for his services, why ? That wouldn't make him a bad appointment by the way. And your list of failed ex internationals at being a manager is probably a couple of thousand short. And by the way Bryan Robson did win things at Middlesbrough I would guess as much as Slade has as a manager. I think Paul Ince has too, but I wouldn't want either.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I would like Rowett too but can't see the situation here attracting him can you ? There would have to be a total transformation in present club policy large contracts on offer and for his assistants too, just ain't gonna happen.

covcity4life

I would like Rowett too but can't see the situation here attracting him can you ? There would have to be a total transformation in present club policy large contracts on offer and for his assistants too, just ain't gonna happen.

i agree

just cant stop hoping.

rupert_bear

One thing though, whoever gets the gig might be an insight to whether something is occurring behind the scenes. There has been Talk that a contract to the end of the season was offered to JFH if that's what Fisher is offering surely no one will accept that.

steve82

One thing though, whoever gets the gig might be an insight to whether something is occurring behind the scenes. There has been Talk that a contract to the end of the season was offered to JFH if that's what Fisher is offering no one will surely accept that.

Your right there... If it's only a contract till the summer we're offering it's got Sam Ricketts written all over it.

That said it works both ways, TM was only a till the summer job too if I recall.

AFCCOVENTRY

IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2248.JPG Mark Venus is set to offer Ken Deluded the role of manager. Ken will bring a ray of sunshine through his orange glow to the dressing room. He will be assisted by a Steve Ogizoggy.

Joy Division

Rowett could easily get a job at a top half Championship club, no chance in hell there unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread