New Horizon....... (1 Viewer)

christonabike

Now SISU have had another rebuff lets hope in true CCFC Talbot style we can move on. Anyone on here had one of these or a Samba or Solara or the deadly Tagora! Not ignoring the Sunbeam or Avenger lol!;)

talbot-horizon-07_zpsrsvzk2wh.jpg

matesx

Fooking shat 70's cars

My dad had an orange allegro ffs

You still floggin them COAB?

fernandopartridge

Now SISU have had another rebuff lets hope in true CCFC Talbot style we can move on. Anyone on here had one of these or a Samba or Solara or the deadly Tagora! Not ignoring the Sunbeam or Avenger lol!;)

We're going to end up with French owners who will eventually close us down you mean?

christonabike

Fooking shat 70's cars

My dad had an orange allegro ffs

You still floggin them COAB?
Yes Matesx well only now and again times are hard and in all honesty it's hard work when you can lease a new car at £179 a month if you work at JLR or put a deposit down in a French Eurobox.
Hope your keeping well. If anyone has an engine light on let me know as I've been doing a few jobs and don't charge £80 a throw either!

matesx

I'm grand pal ta

Just cost me £280 for a replacement VW key to a call out auto locksmith

Lost It somewhere between Cherry Tree n Ricoh

Grrrrr

letsallsingtogether

My third car was a skyblue Horizon.
Remember driving it around town when we won the FA Cup

I was proud to drive it around with Sky Blue Ribbons tied to the ariel.

christonabike

I had a Fiat 127 T reg rotted away as you drive it but had many a shag in it out towards Baginton. One bird got her foot stook under the dash and nearly broke her ankle pulling her foot out.
The old cars were noisey and the heaters were shit but we never new any better! CCFC as a football club were all the same. Remember the Mercia sound stickers and the fake Moss alarm stickers you could buy from Elliot's ? Didn't stop some c**t nicking my stolen stereo with a Rick Astley tape in the cunts!

Last edited:

martcov

Yes, had a Horizon in 1978. Was alright actually. Sort of bronze metallic. Was almost new when I got it....an ex roll car ( staff car ).

Astute

The first car I bought was an Avenger Tiger with DOHC :joyful:

Had to sell it when my mother found out. I was 14 at the time.

Brylowes

No, alas no.
But I haven't given up hope that it willl ever happen.

Mcbean

I had a sky blue avenger , sold it to Heath road motors for a Vauxhall magnum , I had explained to the guy on the phone that it had some corrosion challenges , I took it up there and he came out said it didn't look to bad but that was the good side The car had run for most of its life on 7,5 valves it was a shit car but never let me down - back plenty big enough for other operations if you know what I mean

Nick

Administrator
I had a sky blue avenger , sold it to Heath road motors for a Vauxhall magnum , I had explained to the guy on the phone that it had some corrosion challenges , I took it up there and he came out said it didn't look to bad but that was the good side The car had run for most of its life on 7,5 valves it was a shit car but never let me down - back plenty big enough for other operations if you know what I mean

A surgeon?

stevefloyd

I had a hunter shaped humber sceptre.. engine was shit but some light fingered friends who worked at the humber works managed to secure me some new pistons for a small fee. lasted 2 months then packed in again but i had sold it by then

chickentikkamasala

My first car was a Herald too, A '69 13/60 Estate, followed by a '64 1200 Estate then a '65 1200 Saloon. Then about 15 other Triumphs of various flavours. These days i have a Vitesse Convertible and the grey Pi shown above.
Sounds like we followed similar paths, got the 2.5 Pi later and the 2.5 s, the Stag was always out of my reach but the nearest I could get to it with the 2.5s/Pi

bezzer

Sounds like we followed similar paths, got the 2.5 Pi later and the 2.5 s, the Stag was always out of my reach but the nearest I could get to it with the 2.5s/Pi

I owned 1 more Triumph after the Herald, a white TR7. It was a fantastic car to drive but leaked like a sieve. You could keep Goldfish in the passenger footwell.

chickentikkamasala

I owned 1 more Triumph after the Herald, a white TR7. It was a fantastic car to drive but leaked like a sieve. You could keep Goldfish in the passenger footwell.
I tried the Spitfire route, felt weak after the Vitesse, never liked the rear of the TR7, did fancy a GT6 though ;)

chickentikkamasala

Spares were in abundance from Aldermans Green, think it was called John Kipping? or something like that. Was forever changing the rubber doughnuts on the bloody cars :banghead:

wingy

Cars from Canley
Proper hard. :p

wingy

Tight spots for countryside maneuvers include the front of Fiestas and Simca 1100, neither mine but the girls in question.
No problem with many of my early motors being an Austin 1800, Ford Granada and the like, both extremely comfortable rides, if you'll forgive the pun.
First car with reclining seats 1980 Morris Marina 1.7 bright orange.

robbiethemole

I had a Hillman Imp, 750 but rebored out to 997, done by the Chrysler Dealer Team at Humber Rd, I worked for the dealers in Rugby,Groves, and drove the first Avenger back from Ryton to the town.

christonabike

Anyone remember the garage with Jaguar painted on the roof just down the road from Highfield Rd?

Users who are viewing this thread