New boiler (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

How much should a new boiler be, all in including installation?

I don’t know shit about boilers/gas/heating. Previous model was a Glow Worm 12HXI condenser boiler and it’s knackered needs replacing.

Looks from a quick search online for something similar I’m looking at £700-£900 for the boiler itself. How much do you reckon in looking including installation?

Property based in the midlands

Si80

Drop your requirements into BOXT and it’ll give you a fully installed cost. Brother in law paid £2.5k all in with a Hive thermostat and couldn’t rate the service highly enough.

Flying Fokker

You can get them for around 2.5k +/- a few hundred. British Gas 30% more if you are lucky.
The figure you quote plus Labour. 300? Do you live in a dolls house or are they installing a Creda Corvette instead?

Boiler prices also vary according to what they need to pump out. Ours is a combi boiler so that may be a factor as well? Worcester Bosch

That Boxt deal looks good. 1 had mine done several years ago. One of the guys on The Aprentice/ Alan Sugar quoted the best deal. But, I guess he’d call a contractor in to install? His name was James.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

Drop your requirements into BOXT and it’ll give you a fully installed cost. Brother in law paid £2.5k all in with a Hive thermostat and couldn’t rate the service highly enough.
Thanks I’ll look into that, cheers

shmmeee

I did this. Interest free, great service done quickly and professionally and free Nest.

Neighbour bought his for £900 and paid a mate to install for a couple of hundred. But he’s a gentleman who has little regard for building regulations.

Last edited:

Ian1779

Got mine from a small independent plumber who did it all including Labour for £2800 - which did include a Hive style thermostat (called Honeywell
Home)

SAJ

I did this. Interest free, great service done quickly and professionally and free Nest.

Neighbour bought his for £900 and paid a mate to install for a couple of hundred. But he’s a pikey.
Hope I don’t live anywhere near him.

SAJ

The figure i quoted? So potentially around £1,200 to £1,500 all in you reckon?

Small newish house (15 years old) so super well insulated
If you can get it at that price can’t believe quality will be much. Assuming you are going to put it in the same place don’t need much pipe work doing no new rads or valves you are looking at 1900- 2400 fitted. Boilers are in short supply at the moment.

SAJ

How much should a new boiler be, all in including installation?

I don’t know shit about boilers/gas/heating. Previous model was a Glow Worm 12HXI condenser boiler and it’s knackered needs replacing.

Looks from a quick search online for something similar I’m looking at £700-£900 for the boiler itself. How much do you reckon in looking including installation?

Property based in the midlands

If you contact iheat.co.uk they are installing at 0% over 3 years if that helps. Think their price may be slightly more.

robbiekeane

If you can get it at that price can’t believe quality will be much. Assuming you are going to put it in the same place don’t need much pipe work doing no new rads or valves you are looking at 1900- 2400 fitted. Boilers are in short supply at the moment.
Thanks mate

Brighton Sky Blue

British Gas very recently installed for us for around £3500, combo boiler plus Hive and removal of the water tank and redundant pipe work we had in the attic. We got a few hundred off the price as existing customers.

Nuskyblue

Neighbour bought his for £900 and paid a mate to install for a couple of hundred. But he’s a pikey.
That last sentence made me actually lol.

Greggs

What word would you like me to use?
Well, what was the point you were trying to make? If a chap from Pakistan had fitted his boiler, would you have used a derogatory word for him? Didn't think so.

shmmeee

Well, what was the point you were trying to make? If a chap from Pakistan had fitted his boiler, would you have used a derogatory word for him? Didn't think so.

Nothing to do with race. I used pikey (and always have) in the same way I’d use chav. It’s a bloke who skirts local laws, gets shit off the back of a lorry, etc.

Greggs

Nothing to do with race. I used pikey (and always have) in the same way I’d use chav. It’s a bloke who skirts local laws, gets shit off the back of a lorry, etc.
Ok. I'll ask my mates at the gym, who happen to be travelling men, if they like being called that word. Infact, I already know the answer though....

shmmeee

Ok. I'll ask my mates at the gym, who happen to be travelling men, if they like being called that word. Infact, I already know the answer though....

I doubt they would. I see it in the same league as gay or retard TBH. It’s a generic term, but as I say if you’ve got a better word happy to edit if it upsets you.

RegTheDonk

British Gas very recently installed for us for around £3500, combo boiler plus Hive and removal of the water tank and redundant pipe work we had in the attic. We got a few hundred off the price as existing customers.
Yes, we just had a quote from BG for around £3K - but this was basically exchanging the boiler (ours is about 35 years old), fitting a thermostat, and replacing the hot tank in the loft. I said thanks I'll be in touch once I get a few more quotes, his reply was you'll get it much cheaper elsewhere but you can forget about BG honoring any future Homecare work (we pay a montly insurance fee). His reasoning was BG do a "flush" on the system, pump the shit out etc. Any other company doing this might damage the pipes, radiators, pumps etc. Sounded like bullshit/blackmail and of course nothing in writing on the quote to say that, but it's probably hidden in the T&C's somewhere. So, for now, sticking with old faithful which unfortunately isn't very economical.

JAM See

Slightly off topic.

Can Hive type systems be retrofitted to existing systems and has anybody had it done?

chiefdave

Slightly off topic.

Can Hive type systems be retrofitted to existing systems and has anybody had it done?
yes they can. they just connect a hive box to your existing boiler and replace the thermostat. if you don't already have hive for other stuff in your house you'll need a Hive hub connected to your router.

had this done to my existing boiler and it works well, especially if you add the hive radiator valves. I work from home and it's easy to set it to schedule different rooms to heat up at different times.

JAM See

yes they can. they just connect a hive box to your existing boiler and replace the thermostat. if you don't already have hive for other stuff in your house you'll need a Hive hub connected to your router.

had this done to my existing boiler and it works well, especially if you add the hive radiator valves. I work from home and it's easy to set it to schedule different rooms to heat up at different times.
Can I be cheeky and ask how much it cost?

I'm looking at 14 radiators over three floors.

chiefdave

Can I be cheeky and ask how much it cost?

I'm looking at 14 radiators over three floors.
Not sure as I had other stuff done at the same time but don’t think it would be much. I had the hive, a new radiator and an outside tap fitted for £700

robbiekeane

Lord have mercy £2,999 for replacing with combi boiler and getting rid of the old tank

not sure if I’m being mugged off though - Boxt says something similar. Also replacing flue with a vertical flue.

The boiler itself is a viessman and looks to be about £1,000 online

chiefdave

Lord have mercy £2,999 for replacing with combi boiler and getting rid of the old tank

not sure if I’m being mugged off though - Boxt says something similar. Also replacing flue with a vertical flue.

My boiler has packed up today. Had a quote of £2,625 to replace it. Although the quote includes a smart thermostat and I've already got a Hive.

shmmeee

Yeah that’s about what I paid moving from system to combi and new flue.

skybluejelly

We paid just over £6000 , but that was for an oil fired Worcester Bosch boiler with 9 year guarantee plus 16 twin radiators , and removal of the aga and the plumbing attached to that , British Gas were quoting over £10,000, still a lot cheaper than the £15-£17000 we were quoted for air source heat pump

ccfc922

Moved into this industry recently, the cost of boilers have shot up because of producing certain components inside the boilers. Believe a Chinese factory couldn't produce circuit boards, which caused huge backlogs in production.

Biggest issue is the supply of boilers from Glow-worm/Vaillant and Worcester particularly.

shmmeee

Moved into this industry recently, the cost of boilers have shot up because of producing certain components inside the boilers. Believe a Chinese factory couldn't produce circuit boards, which caused huge backlogs in production.

Biggest issue is the supply of boilers from Glow-worm/Vaillant and Worcester particularly.

Yeah there’s been a chip shortage in pretty much all electronics since Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread