New badge and new kit (1 Viewer)

Skyblueloyal

Just wanted to now how people would react if Coventry decided that we would keep the badge from our new kit for good as at first I hated it but it's now grown on me and to be honest I think it better ! Looking forward to your thoughts and views

smileycov

Facebook User
I do like it but only for the Retro kit, would not want it long term. I am excited about the new kit (a tribute to the start of the sky blue era) coinciding with what appears to be a new dawn at city aswell......spooky coincidence or what!

gouldberg

If they changed the badge full time I honestly don't think I'd buy any club merchandise ever again, wouldn't feel right to me. I've grown up with the badge how it was all my life. I'd be gutted if it changed.

bamalamafizzfazz

If they changed the badge full time I honestly don't think I'd buy any club merchandise ever again, wouldn't feel right to me. I've grown up with the badge how it was all my life. I'd be gutted if it changed.

To be fair though it does look slightly outdated now and the 'retro' badge has more of a modern minimalist feel to it. Lots of top clubs have changed their badges over the past few years including utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and although met with an initial rejection from fans has eventually been embraced. Now I am not suggesting going ahead and just changing it but I am suggesting maybe its something that might need modernising in future. I have always thought our badge although symbolic of our famous City there is a lot of things on it. On a different note I hope that following next season we continue to wear the same solid sky blue colour. A kit holds a great deal of identity for a club and if we were the first team to wear all one colour as the sky blues that should never have changed. It is afterall Play Up Sky Blues!

Jimthor

I like the new badge for the new kit very much, but i'm also really keen on our current club crest, so i hope that the club stick to what they've said about having it as a 1-season change only. Also really like all the symbolism on the club crest.

kapowaz

To be fair though it does look slightly outdated now and the 'retro' badge has more of a modern minimalist feel to it.

Exactly my sentiments. I would much prefer this retro badge to be kept indefinitely, on whatever kit they come up with. If you look at the logos and brand marques that have survived the test of time they're always the simple, clean, minimalist ones. Think Nike, IBM, Ford, Coca-Cola, Apple. None of these companies have had to do much to keep their logos modern and fresh looking.

The existing CCFC crest is convoluted, fussy and drab. The typeface looks decidedly 70s kitsch, the geometry of the football looks odd (straight lines on a sphere?) and the colours are a messy mix. Something which works well in monotone would not only look more modern, it'd actually lend itself well to being used more tastefully all over the place. I'd never buy club crest-branded merchandise with the existing logo, but I could see that changing with the new retro one.

Il Pirata

Our current badge was actually modernised not long ago, don't forget:

ccfc_logo.gif
Coventry_City_F.C_logo.jpg

I like the retro badge but as has already been said, just as a one off. It's a shame there is a (albeit quite faint) sponsor logo on the shirt, because the 2012 shirt is one that could be worn for years, but clearly we can't give up that money.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Our current badge was actually modernised not long ago, don't forget:

I like the retro badge but as has already been said, just as a one off. It's a shame there is a (albeit quite faint) sponsor logo on the shirt, because the 2012 shirt is one that could be worn for years, but clearly we can't give up that money.

Tbh I like the modernised crest as posted above. The one with the green base was too wide, and the elephants back leg was on the front of the ball (extremely sad I know, but that used to wind me right up!) So I much prefer our 2009+ crest:
Coventry_City_F.C_logo.jpg

Also I think leaving the phoenix off any new crest would be a huge dis-service. I think that carries so much symbolism in it and especially when you consider our current plight and the gem that has emerged from the ashes of this season in Thorn <3

I'm in favour of the old badge, the retro one that was used long before the current crest. I like the history behind the old badge.

CovLis86

I dont think they should keep the retro badge past next season. Ive pre ordered the kit, i really like it. But more as a one off in regards to the badge.
The revamped crest from 2009 - is all the modernising it needs. Keep the history, its something to be proud of.

I love the new kit for next season it takes me back many years as a young boy watching City at HR. I see they are taking orders for the full kit but no mention of the goalkeepers strip. I would really love to see our keeper (whoever it will be?) wearingf Skyblue shorts and socks and a green shirt just as I remember Bill Glazier wearing. Am I alone in this nostagic wish

Phil_Mc_90

I really like the new kit but I don't think we should replace the badge permanently. I've grown up with the current badge so definitely wouldn't want it to disappear

Users who are viewing this thread