My keyboard on my laptop has stopped working! (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

....i am using a on screen keyboard at the mo.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

grego_gee

Got to be hardware, take it to someone or look on ebay for a replacement keyboard. Search google for keyboard installation with the model no of ur laptop!

Or maybe wait till the the wine dries out!
:pimp:

Nick

Administrator
Got to be hardware, take it to someone or look on ebay for a replacement keyboard. Search google for keyboard installation with the model no of ur laptop!

Or maybe wait till the the wine dries out!
:pimp:

It may have buggered more up than just the keyboard :(

LastGarrison

If she spilt white wine then all you need to do is pour red wine over the keyboard and this will sort it out.

Here to help.

stupot07

Replacing the keyboard should pretty easy if you can get a replacement off eBay. Hell I managed to completely take my laptop to pieces and replace the power socket......

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If it was red wine, draw a chalk mark around it. It'll look like a crime scene!! :claping hands:

Surprised its still working. I spilt a tiny drop of water on mine, first the keyboard went and then the whole computer stopped working to prevent further damag. I would turn it off and get it repaired else you may be paying for a whole lot more.

Disorganised1

Unless it's a fairly new laptop you may find it's not worth it. Cup of tea went on one of mine - no sugar, so there's a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

pipkin73

Spilt a pint of Vodka and Coke on mine and it works fine. I took out the battery, disconnected the power and then blew warm air from a hairdryer on it in 45 min intervals for about 3 mins a time (hairdryer on lowest setting). Aimed the heat at where the battery goes as it gave access to the motherboard quickly and easily. I know i was lucky but it also worked when my dog jumped out of my pool and straight over my mobile phone (took about 20 hrs to work correctly though, but the laptop only took about 6 hrs). Also i've been told to put a mobile phone into a bag of rice if you get it wet as it draws the water out (not tested this though and i hope i don't have to).
Won't help you now, but maybe it will help people in the future. But remember to use the hairdryer on the lowest setting so you don't overheat the motherboard or memory etc...

pipkin73

Guess i spilt the correct drink then but i'm not going to disagree with you as you know you can get bloodstains out of carpets :eek: . Not a disagreement as i don't want to test your blood/carpet coment but they are both still liquid items on electrical equipment (whilst switched on realy not good), (coins, carpets etc don't act the same way as electronics do). Just my opinion though. Normaly when you use a liquid item to clean electrical equipment you do so with a cotton bud or similar,(with power OFF), (to prevent it flooding the electrical equipment and shorting it etc...) you don't pour a pint of it into it and hope for the best. So i STRONGLY advise people not to use Vodka and Coke as a way of cleaning there Laptops/mobiles etc. But like i said, iwon't disagree, i don't want to test the blood/carpet thing. p.s. i have tiles so easier to clean up (err, think i should shut up now and not help him lol).

LewSkyBlue

something similar happened to my old keyboard but only d-K stopped working.... buy a cheap usb keyboard, plug it in and rest it on top of the laptop keyboard, thats all i done until i got my new 1

Users who are viewing this thread