My concern with Robins (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Sky blues talk after a couple of losses:
Robins has hit his ceiling.

Sky Blues Talk a few weeks later after a couple of wins:
We should make him a fucking huge flag, big enough to fill a sports hall, with his face on it wearing a crown.

Appreciate the second one was tongue in cheek but so many of our posters have less balance than drunk jelly

Last edited:

Yank

I don't feel the need to 'call people out' or point score as it were on stuff they might have said a month ago, two months, or whenever the hell it was; what's the rationale? Quite sure they can see they were wrong.

Robins is a phenomenal manager, hope he is here for a long time;its really that simple for me.

Greggs

Appreciate the second one was tongue in cheek but so many of our posters have less balance than drunk jelly
If the second one was 'tongue in cheek' why do you assume the first one wasn't? Because it doesn't fit your agenda?

skyblu3sk

The trouble with the majority on this forum is we’ll lose 3 in a row soon and everyone will be questioning him again. Have to look at things far more zoomed out than the last 10-15 results.
And of course take everything in to account that's going on...like a team rebuild... Or us not being able to play our home fixtures...

Skyblueweeman

The trouble with the majority on this forum is we’ll lose 3 in a row soon and everyone will be questioning him again. Have to look at things far more zoomed out than the last 10-15 results.
I don't think 'everyone' will be questioning him if we lose 3 on the bounce (not happening anyway).

Grendel will likely call for a taxi - but name the thread something cryptic - and a few others will query him being here but the majority know what he's done for the club and will stick by him. It will take some sort of horrendous run of 20 defeats or something before the majority of the fan base question MRs future.

harvey098

I don't think 'everyone' will be questioning him if we lose 3 on the bounce (not happening anyway).

Grendel will likely call for a taxi - but name the thread something cryptic - and a few others will query him being here but the majority know what he's done for the club and will stick by him. It will take some sort of horrendous run of 20 defeats or something before the majority of the fan base question MRs future.

Yeah fair point, obviously not literally everyone. Even if we got relegated I’d still want him to be the one to get us back up.

Brylowes

Does this make your dick feel big?! Well done.
I don't feel the need to 'call people out' or point score as it were on stuff they might have said a month ago, two months, or whenever the hell it was; what's the rationale? Quite sure they can see they were wrong.

Robins is a phenomenal manager, hope he is here for a long time;its really that simple for me.

It’s good to know that even whilst we’re flying in the league, still in the FA Cup and filling the stadium on a regular basis, we never seem to run out of things to ram down each others throats on here 😂

Skybluedownunder

I have to agree with Grendel on this one.

Godden, Allen, Wilson, Palmer, Bidwell, Eccles all tied up on long term deals… not really making other teams envious of us wishing they had what we’ve got.

Yes we’ve brought in some new talent to replace what we had lost but players like Thomas, JDS, Collins, Simms and Wright still have a lot to prove.

Kitching, Sakamoto, MvE, Lati seem to be great value buys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skyblue Bangkok

Sky said there is some stupid new rule that only allows one person in the tech area at once and Robins has been finding it difficult as they normally work as a team
It's not a stupid rule for me, if you look at Arteta and co last season ,him and his staff were doing to deliberately to try and intimidate the officials over anything. That's why they bought this in.

Brylowes

Godden, Allen, Wilson, Palmer, Bidwell, Eccles all tied up on long term deals… not really making other teams envious of us wishing they had what we’ve got.

Yes we’ve brought in some new talent to replace what we had lost but players like Thomas, JDS, Collins, Simms and Wright still have a lot to prove.

I really struggle at times to understand some people’s thoughts and expectations, we’ve lost 1 in the last 13 games, Godden has scored 9, Wright has managed 8 with 5 assists, the team have rocketed from 20th to 6th in the table in under 2 months 🤔 this by any standard is great form.
What exactly are you expecting from this team, because going by your comment ‘whatever they might go on to achieve will never ever be enough for you.
Why not spare yourself the heartache mate, just support Man City or Liverpool instead 🙄

Skyblue Bangkok

I really struggle at times to understand some people’s thoughts and expectations, we’ve lost 1 in the last 13 games, Godden has scored 9, Wright has managed 8 with 5 assists, the team have rocketed from 20th to 6th in the table in under 2 months 🤔 this by any standard is great form.
What exactly are you expecting from this team, because going by your comment ‘whatever they might go on to achieve will never ever be enough for you.
Why not spare yourself the heartache mate, just support Man City or Liverpool instead 🙄
I still have a friend , who is a season ticket holder who texts me during games saying Robins is rubbish, he doesn't know what he is doing,subs etc. . He even sent me a cutting after the Leeds game quoting their manager saying how negative we are. I pointed out we hadn't lost. My mate then moaned about the Southampton result. In the end I just said if you are that unhappy best not to renew your season ticket for next season .

Astute

Some of us never question his ability. You can see reasons for previous dips in form going back seasons. This season was always going to be a difficult start. It was a bunch of strangers on the pitch and hardly anyone knew the system Robins wanted to play.

And the big question is who better than Robins would come to us.

We are very lucky to have the best manager outside the Prem and hopefully soon he will have the chance to take them on with us.

Skyblue Bangkok

Some of us never question his ability. You can see reasons for previous dips in form going back seasons. This season was always going to be a difficult start. It was a bunch of strangers on the pitch and hardly anyone knew the system Robins wanted to play.

And the big question is who better than Robins would come to us.

We are very lucky to have the best manager outside the Prem and hopefully soon he will have the chance to take them on with us.
We would still probably still be in Div 2/4 whatever you wish to call it if it wasn't for Robins . Just think we had that idiot Slade as a manager before him.

Sick Boy

Wright has shown his quality already and Collins and Thomas have more than done enough to show they are good enough.

Allen, Simms and JDS all played a part in getting us the win on Saturday.

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

I really struggle at times to understand some people’s thoughts and expectations, we’ve lost 1 in the last 13 games, Godden has scored 9, Wright has managed 8 with 5 assists, the team have rocketed from 20th to 6th in the table in under 2 months this by any standard is great form.
Why not spare yourself the heartache mate, just support Man City or Liverpool instead

What was posted was that Grendel doubted that the rest of the championship are green with envy of our squad and I agree with him, what’s wrong with that?

We are performing well but there’s other teams with better squads for sure, we are just managing to grind out results

procdoc

What was posted was that Grendel doubted that the rest of the championship are green with envy of our squad and I agree with him, what’s wrong with that?

We are performing well but there’s other teams with better squads for sure, we are just managing to grind out results

You don’t half talk shit

Astute

Now let me think a second......

We went last season as far as you can without getting promotion. Other than two players we sold for a lot of money we kept those players who can do a job at this level and got rid of everyone else.

So to the new players. No journeymen. No old players. Each player cost in the millions. We most probably spent more on one player than the vast majority spent altogether. Sunderland haven't even had a 1st team striker for two seasons. Yet they wouldn't like a 7m striker?

In all our years in the Championship we watched clubs spending money we could only dream of. Now it's our turn. What you say is close to the opposite. Other than the sides at the top with us I don't often see an opposition player and think he would improve our side.

Prove themselves? In the last 9 games we've played Ipswich, Sunderland, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. In the form table for 10 games we're near the top. Leicester and Southampton just above us.

I said before the game it wasn't just the result but I wanted to see hiw much we've improved against the best side in the division. Need I say any more? We beat them so comprehensively that they showed themselves up in the post match interviews. Wound them up true and proper.

So in reality most clubs would have loved some of our players.

Astute

Name the better squads below us. How about name 11 players from all the clubs below us that are better than our 1st 11.

Grendel has had it in for Robins for years. Mainly to try and keep up with wanting rid of him even in the seasons we got promotion. It's an agenda not an honest thought.

Squad strength is a hard thing to measure. Best players? Best reserve players?

I wouldn't even swap our squad for the Leicester squad now. Their best player would need to learn the word humility before I would want him. It's actually frightening how good this squad will become. The only players coming in will be to improve it. And the present players are improving at a rapid rate.

A little test. Name the player that would improve us. Value?

Not a bad squad is it 😁

Chris1987

The most exciting facet of this squad is that it's still a work in progress. There is still plenty of power to add. The vast majority of clubs in The Championship would view our squad with jealousy being fully aware that we still have financial resources at our disposal. This is down to the recruitment team initially and MR & AV developing the new signings . The club is building for the future and finally it is being run professionally.

ovduk78

My only concern with MR was when we were in L2. We had to get promoted in the 1st season otherwise I think he would have been sacked. Since then we have improved every season both on and off the field. Grendel had an agenda for a long time with MR that he got on with SISU/Boddy. What the hell was he supposed to do, they were his bosses ffs?! Even if we went back to L1 I would want MR to bring us back up. I think he is right up there with the best manager we have ever had. To get us where we are under very trying circumstances for me exceeds what JH did & he has been integral in reconnecting the club with the fans in a way I have never seen. I have never been so proud to support CCFC. Other teams have better players but our squad have a togetherness and spirit that MR, AV etc have instilled into them.

Skybluedownunder

Name the better squads below us. How about name 11 players from all the clubs below us that are better than our 1st 11.

Grendel has had it in for Robins for years. Mainly to try and keep up with wanting rid of him even in the seasons we got promotion. It's an agenda not an honest thought.

Squad strength is a hard thing to measure. Best players? Best reserve players?

I wouldn't even swap our squad for the Leicester squad now. Their best player would need to learn the word humility before I would want him. It's actually frightening how good this squad will become. The only players coming in will be to improve it. And the present players are improving at a rapid rate.

A little test. Name the player that would improve us. Value?

Not a bad squad is it

I have absolutely no issue with Robins, I actually love Robins and never wanted him out when some were saying he’s done, he’s got all the time he needs and I fully support him.

In relation to what players I’d take from others… Okay, here’s players I think that would be good additions to our squad that could be better than some of our options based on this weekends games…

Birmingham - Lee Buchanan, Cody Drameh
Swansea - Matt Grimes
Leeds - Meslier, Ampadu, Daniel James, Rutter, Summerville, Piroe, Bamford,
Plymouth - Morgan Whittaker
Preston - Freddie Woodman, Ben Whiteman, Liam Millar
Bristol - Jason Knight
Rotherham - Viktor Johansson
Stoke - Wouter Burger, McNally was good for us
Southampton - most of their lineup
WBA - Swift, people rate Cipre but don’t know enough about him
Blackburn - Both the Wharton’s, Szmodics, Andrew Moran, Pickering
Millwall - Zain Flemming
Boro - I thought Marcus Forss played very well vs us last season when we played them in those 3 games at the end of the season, Lewis O’Brien, Isiah Jones, Morgan Rogers, Greenwood is alright
Sunderland - Patterson, Bellingham, Ballard, Hume, Jack Clarke
QPR - Wilcock, Field, Chair, Begovic
Watford - Porteous
Hull - Carvalho, Tufan
Norwich - Don’t know enough about their players
Leicester - there’s plenty of class players

Users who are viewing this thread