Most profitable sales (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Obvious Vik and Gus top this, who is next? Keane maybe (though debatable what the deal was), who else have we sold for a significant profit?

Brighton Sky Blue

In recent years Sam McCallum got us a profit many many times what we paid for him. So probably the most profitable on that metric.

shmmeee

So basically for the decade we were out of the Championship, the only decent purchase we made was McCallum from a financial POV. Other than that it was the academy with Wilson, Maddison, Bigi and Bayliss bringing home the bacon.

Grendel

That’s the sort of thing I’m after. Anyone from since colour was introduced? :p

Although the fee escalation isn’t as dramatic as we paid half a million Phil babb was sold for what then was I think a record for a defender

Brighton Sky Blue

So basically for the decade we were out of the Championship, the only decent purchase we made was McCallum from a financial POV. Other than that it was the academy with Wilson, Maddison, Bigi and Bayliss bringing home the bacon.
A small profit was also made on Chaplin IIRC

Grendel

Well mcnulty was a free transfer so we made on him

kg82

How much did we buy and sell McNulty for?

shmmeee

What about the 90s lot? Dublin I think we doubled our money appropriately enough. Whelan? Hucks? Ndlovu?

Grendel

no_loyalty

George Boateng only cost us £250k, we sold him for £4.5M.

shmmeee

Transfermarkt recons we made money on Hughes and Hartson was a free transfer. That doesn’t sound right.

Peter Ndlovu almost 200 x increase in value. What a signing.

Gint11

We bought Boateng for £200K and sold him to Villa for 4.5M roughly

shmmeee

Would be interesting (to me) to add up net transfer spend vs academy cost over the years vs fees brought in. On a pure numbers basis I wouldn’t be surprised if it was quite close. Only takes a few absolute duds to wipes years worth of academy costs off.

fernandopartridge

Transfermarkt recons we made money on Hughes and Hartson was a free transfer. That doesn’t sound right.

Peter Ndlovu almost 200 x increase in value. What a signing.
Hughes was sold for less than the £5m we paid, sure it was about £2.5m

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread