Most likeable people in football (1 Viewer)

Who don't/havent played for Coventry.

1. Brian Clough
2. Paul Merson (villa i know but i read his book, He's a legend)
3. Jose Mourinho

sky_blue_up_north

Pele....... nice and the greatest.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Bobby Robson.

Great autobiography too. Honestly, if you're looking at 'likable', then I struggle to think of a better candidate

skybluetony176

tim fisher:laugh:

seriously though, Frank Worthington. the nicest sportsman i have ever met is cricketer Geoff "windy" Miller. i'm not a cricket fan but i have had the pleasure of meeting him twice, very approachable, very friendly and very very funny. he has some great stories especially about a pre season friendly in Germany of all places.

RoboCCFC90

Bobby Robson.

Great autobiography too. Honestly, if you're looking at 'likable', then I struggle to think of a better candidate

Absolutely agree MMM, Sir Bobby Robson was a true great.

A guy who I have met though and found absolutely hilarious for the hour and a half we spoke was Neil "Razor" Ruddock.. Top lad!

Last edited:

ccfcway

Paul Merson ?

The guy who was caught cheating on his wife, lost £7 million on gambilng and had a drug habit ?

That Paul Merson ?

Monners

Ruddock - nice bloke. asked us about Cov after Crewe game a few years ago when we saw him byuing fruit pastilles at M6 service station.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Razor Ruddock. I bumped into him (not literally - he's huge!) at Anfield a few years ago. Posed for a few pics with some disabled people I was working with. He spent about twenty minutes chatting to us all. Top bloke - and a great sense of humour! I've a photo somewhere. I'll have to dig it out.

skybluejelly

i have to say john sillet..i have only met him a few times away from football..actually it was at horse racing and he was an absolute gem

skybluejelly

on a different note emelyn hughes was an absolute bell end ..not just from when i met him but from 4 other people who met him seperatley as well

Samo

Micky Gynn

Jim Holton - I went to a Celtic V Rangers game with in the 80;s stayed up till 5 in the morning drinking in the hotel bar talking football, fucking legend RIP.

Bertie Auld and Tommy Gemmell, spent about 5 hours with them drinking and talking about football (Celtic/Jock Stein/Jimmy Jonstone and the lisbon lions) one of the best nights of my life....there's a theme starting here...hic!!

Covstu

Kev Keegan was a top bloke when I met him, we met him in a service station coming back from City v Reading. He was Newcastle manager at the time when 20 drunken blokes were running at him to say hello. He took the time to chat and took photos etc. Top man all round.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ruddock - nice bloke. asked us about Cov after Crewe game a few years ago when we saw him byuing fruit pastilles at M6 service station.

Fruit pastilles.................................and every Ginster pasty in the joint??:eek:

Ray Winstone (see my Avitar) not a player, but that day he was a football manager for the film "all in the game" that was filmed at The Ricoh, the crowd scenes were filmed before we smashed Derby 5-1 (i think) my son was ball boy and met him in the first team dressing room, it was Dennis Wise first game and Ray came in to give him a big hug and wish him well - i asked for a photo and he was sound, spent a good 10 minutes chatting - until Micky Adams had to ask us to leave so he could give his team talk...

Porkchophill

Frank lampard senior
Met him at the euros in Portugal posed for photo with us told us frankie was gonna score 1 for us that day true to his word top bloke

Kev Keegan was a top bloke when I met him, we met him in a service station coming back from City v Reading. He was Newcastle manager at the time when 20 drunken blokes were running at him to say hello. He took the time to chat and took photos etc. Top man all round.

I met him in a layby once....:slap:

Chipfat

Tony Siragusa NFL player super bowl winner, top bloke few bbq and drinks with him..The other is David Lloyd 'Bumble' nice guy and funny with it..

CJ_covblaze

Most likable - Stephen Taylor and James Milner. Biggest wankers - Kieron Dyer and John Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread