Morning playmates (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bit slippery outside, keep warm.

Otis

Bit slippery outside, keep warm.
You too, Daz.

Will venture out later, but for now it is all about being wrapped up on the sofa watching last night's NFL game.

A little bit of winter come early.

Just remember, the colder weather won't make the idiot drivers drive any more carefully.

Astute

Going to get snow here today...or at least on the high ground. Time to be a kid again :joyful:

Otis

You too, Daz.

Will venture out later, but for now it is all about being wrapped up on the sofa watching last night's NFL game.

A little bit of winter come early.

Just remember, the colder weather won't make the idiot drivers drive any more carefully.
I spoke too soon. :(

Daughter just asked for a lift to school, as her normal lift wasn't happening.

Only went a few hundred metres before someone pulled out right in front of me. Grrrrrrrrr!!

Tis a bad junction though. For those who know it, it is the roundabout when you come from town up the Radford Road, past Radford Common and just after you hit that little stretch of dual carriageway.

It's a nightmare one. When you come from town you approach the roundabout and all but have to look behind you to your car right for the traffic that is coming from Sadler Road to either Brownshill Green Road or Keresley Road.

Really surprised there haven't been a stack of accidents there, because it happens to me all the time and the missus too.

We come from the Sadler Road way, so it is us who have to encounter the traffic coming up the dual carriageway and not looking to their far right.

That car this morning I missed by inches. He stopped at the roundabout, so I went to drive towards Brownshill Green.He looked right, but seemingly only looked to any traffic coming down the Keresley Road that would be going right at the roundabout to Brownshill Green way and not over his far right shoulder and he pulled out right in front of me.

Anyone else have problems there?

Nick

Administrator
The one by the Shepard or the one by the wallace? Does my head in when people pull out on the one by the Shepard when they need to give way.

olderskyblue

Yes, that's an old "favourite" Otis.. A lot of my mates when I was an apprentice lived in Radford and Coundon, so used to go up there heading for the Bell, and saw many such incidents. Funny thing is, I remember talking to myself as I approached that roundabout, basically commentating on whether the guy in front would look sharp right or not. :)

olderskyblue

The one by the Shepard or the one by the wallace? Does my head in when people pull out on the one by the Shepard when they need to give way.

It's not the one by the wallace, it's the one before that.

Otis

Yeah. If you are coming from town you go past Aldi, past Radford Common and then you hit a little stretch of dual carriageway going up the hill. Tree lined to your right.

It's the roundabout at the top of the hill.

It's a crazy junction anyway, because if you are coming from Sadler Road you have to go across two lanes of traffic to approach the roundabout towards Keresley and Brownshill Green Road.

If you are new to Coventry or indeed to that area the last thing you think you will have to do is too look back over your shoulder to your right for traffic coming almost behind you.

There are no signs at all to be seen, anywhere!

A warning sign wouldn't go amiss.

Nick

Administrator
Ah yeah, coming from Town there is the weird bit to the right where you dont expect cars to come from.

then there are usually cars parked if you go towards the Wallace, so that takes away a lot of space.

Otis

Ah yeah, coming from Town there is the weird bit to the right where you dont expect cars to come from.

then there are usually cars parked if you go towards the Wallace, so that takes away a lot of space.
That weird bit to the right where you don't expect cars to come from is where my car comes from.

;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Doesn't help that someone turned the give way sign the opposite way so people were giving way on the keresley rd a while back
Right I'm off to bed keep the noise down nighty night
Actually I'm gonna watch the walking dead first

Nick

Administrator
That weird bit to the right where you don't expect cars to come from is where my car comes from.

;)

They should block that off and make it one way.

The whole 20 foot and then it's one way is silly.

Otis

They should block that off and make it one way.

The whole 20 foot and then it's one way is silly.
It is. Very confusing to anyone who hasn't been that way before. It feels like you are driving into traffic the wrong way.

Sky_Blue_Daz

And there was an accident on the ring road coming up of the radford rd towards the Stoney Stanton rd third exit by the royal warks club
Be safe out and about

Nick

Administrator
It is. Very confusing to anyone who hasn't been that way before. It feel like you are driving into traffic the wrong way.

It doesn't help that people can see the one way sign in the distance so assume it's one way.

Thankfully I dont bother going too quick up there in case, but if you didn't know it then it might cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread