Moore (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I think he’s a great keeper but has conceded a few recently that I think he could have done better with. Their second yesterday being another one.

He seems to have a weakness for those quick toe poke style shots as he isn’t ready for them. Was very similar to QPR’s first.

SkyBlueSoul

I don't think there was much he could do after the deflection. When you see the angle from the top corner it completely takes it away from him

2:54 in

johnwillomagic

Agree I was disappointed with the first qpr goal.

Disagree strongly however on yesterday's second goal - he was done by a big deflection don't think any goalie would have saved that
after the deflection in all honesty!

shmmeee

Genuinely despair at our fans. Criticising our best goalie in years for not saving a deflected shot.

Wasn’t that as much as last few games he’s looked a little below his normal standards. Still the best we have.

The incident where he nearly lose the ball to their striker changed the momentum at the time I thought as well, they started getting more into it after that.

I’m sure it’s just match fitness/covid hangover.

Garryb80

Wasn’t that as much as last few games he’s looked a little below his normal standards. Still the best we have.

The incident where he nearly lose the ball to their striker changed the momentum at the time I thought as well, they started getting more into it after that.

I’m sure it’s just match fitness/covid hangover.
I disagree. He made an excellent first half save and his distribution is still generally very good.

Marty

Kept us in plenty of games, came out well and smothered a 1-on-1 vs WBA after about 10 minutes which would have put them 2-0 up. Wouldn't mind a bit of pace in at CB, but all our problems are at the other end of the pitch and sticking it in the back of the net.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He is the best 'keeper we've had since Westwood - no idea why there were a fair few on here saying that Wilson should start.
It's really bizarre.
Because it was a cup match so don't mind a bit of rotation for that. Gives Wilson a bit of match time so should Moore get injured/suspended he's not coming in totally cold.

Sick Boy

Because it was a cup match so don't mind a bit of rotation for that. Gives Wilson a bit of match time so should Moore get injured/suspended he's not coming in totally cold.
Moore had only played a couple of games before since coming back from having covid?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Moore had only played a couple of games before since coming back from having covid?
It's a fair point and it's not like I'm saying I'm not happy Moore played, just that if MR had chosen Wilson for this game instead I'd have been fine with it.

SkyblueTexan

Look’s like some people want more from Moore.

Danceswithhorses

We played well, and maybe deserved to win, based on the number of scoring chances that came our way, but we lost to :-

-an absolute banger from Armstrong, which goes in 1 in a 100 times...Moore had no chance
-a shot which Moore would surely have saved, but for a big deflection, which diverted the ball right into the very corner of the net.

I'm extremely proud of the excellent display we gave against a very decent Premier league side, with all those massive resources at their disposal.
If we played like that every week, we would be near the top of the Championship and seriously challenging...consistency is king, and should be our goal.

Moore is 10x the keeper Wilson is....IMHO

Londonccfcfan

Moore is the best keeper we have had in years. But in saying that this is the best team we gave had in many years.

Moore has and does need to improve. To take is to that next level...play offs. Not been overly impressed for many months. Not gonna be too critical of this Saturday though.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure any of the goals could be blamed on more. He did have that oopsie moment but a worldie goal and a big deflection that was almost an own goal can't really be blamed.

Grendel

We have offered extensions to the likes of Allen and Godden (who already had a year to run next season) and Kelly is in an extension period

Has Moore only got one season left? If so we should extend him - it’s pointless trying to get a better keeper then him as he’s good enough and as yesterday proved a big game player

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Pete

We have offered extensions to the likes of Allen and Godden (who already had a year to run next season) and Kelly is in an extension period

Has Moore only got one season left? If so we should extend him - it’s pointless trying to get a better keeper then him as he’s good enough and as yesterday proved a big game player
3 year deal I’m sure

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread