modern football (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

this epitomises money in football.

MOTD for one game.

the Vile plus plastic Chelski fans must be fisting themselves :jerkit:

ccfc92

my point being the football league show isn't shown after tuesday games, and also cancelled for any little reason :wave:

WFC

this epitomises money in football.

MOTD for one game.

the Vile plus plastic Chelski fans must be fisting themselves :jerkit:

And on cup final day with the final shifted to a 5:15 kick off. Pathetic!

That's what happens when you end up with money men and media types running anything to do with the game. Disgraceful and all these types need purging from the FA, League, Clubs etc if we want the game back and to resemble football instead of some plastic theatre production.

ccfc92

That's what happens when you end up with money men and media types running anything to do with the game. Disgraceful and all these types need purging from the FA, League, Clubs etc if we want the game back and to resemble football instead of some plastic theatre production.

I'm sure the FA don't mid the back handers :whistle:

SkyblueBazza

In fairness Bernstein was on TalkSport the other day all but openly recognising that the magic of the cup risks being lost as things stand. He felt that train specials to ease fan's journey home might be in order...but 3pm KO may well be a thing of the past due to the global appeal of the FA Cup still. AND moves are afoot to make the final THE stand alone culmination of the season (the last & only game on its day) - which I think is a good thing.
Then I think let the fans fans who pay vast sums to get there have the opportunity to celebrate with just the players until the presentation of the cup is made...get rid of the cameras & mics in yer face straight after would be a good move. Then move the semi's away back to either Old Trafford or Emirates or even Cardiff - but make Wembley a dream again & the magic will perhaps really come back

ccfc92

In fairness Bernstein was on TalkSport the other day all but openly recognising that the magic of the cup risks being lost as things stand. He felt that train specials to ease fan's journey home might be in order...but 3pm KO may well be a thing of the past due to the global appeal of the FA Cup still. AND moves are afoot to make the final THE stand alone culmination of the season (the last & only game on its day) - which I think is a good thing.
Then I think let the fans fans who pay vast sums to get there have the opportunity to celebrate with just the players until the presentation of the cup is made...get rid of the cameras & mics in yer face straight after would be a good move. Then move the semi's away back to either Old Trafford or Emirates or even Cardiff - but make Wembley a dream again & the magic will perhaps really come back

agreed, but whats your opinion on yeovil going to wembley? shoulde wembley be reserved for the FA Cup? cus to go there for JPT final, tbh is a piss take IMO :thinking about:

TheHellion

Good news about moving the Cup Final back to the end of the season. It doesn't feel right having the Cup Final before the end of the league season. Hope they see some sense on that one.

I hope they do move the semi's away from Wembley also. Wembley should only be for the Final. It never felt right having semi's there really.

SkyblueBazza

agreed, but whats your opinion on yeovil going to wembley? shoulde wembley be reserved for the FA Cup? cus to go there for JPT final, tbh is a piss take IMO :thinking about:

I think the "big" clubs have so much more resource available that they've monopolised the final in recent years. The JPT offers the little clubs a taste of it - so happy for the & the play-off finals to be held there. the National Anthem & Wembley steps are things they could retain purely for stuff like the FACup/Champions League/European/World Cup finals though.

ccfc92

I think the "big" clubs have so much more resource available that they've monopolised the final in recent years. The JPT offers the little clubs a taste of it - so happy for the & the play-off finals to be held there. the National Anthem & Wembley steps are things they could retain purely for stuff like the FACup/Champions League/European/World Cup finals though.

agreed again. if we had of got to JPT final, that would have been my first trip to wembley. as my name suggests, born in 92, so missed '87 :(

rob9872

Get over yourselves ffs. Supply and demand dictates. We all love it thats why it happens. If we didn't watch it couldn't happen. It's here to stay so get used to it.

wingy

Get over yourselves ffs. Supply and demand dictates. We all love it thats why it happens. If we didn't watch it couldn't happen. It's here to stay so get used to it.

I don't Demand it .Murdoch has never recieved a penny from me and never will ,adopt the Euro and Follow the French ,free to air all major sporting events .:whistle:;)

SkyblueBazza

You're absolutely right. Hence the first FA Cup final I have watched live for about 5yrs...just lost interest in the main.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't get why they held the final when the league hadn't even finished.

WFC

I don't get why they held the final when the league hadn't even finished.

It was a demand of the Premier league who insisted that the conclusion of the premier league be the the big event at the end of the season i.e the main event. The PL hold all the power as they bring in all the money or at least they do because you have the same types running the FA she maximising revenue instead of the good of the game is their primary concern and certain people holding high level office at both the FA and PL facilitated this. This is nothing to do with supply and demand but the PL trying to dictate the market. Just like when you let any monopoly or oligopoly develop and why the government has threatened to step in.

Putting semifinals at Wembly was also about repaying the vast overspend on the build of a stadium from a very, very dodgy procurement process.

No problem with things like JPT final, or play off finals being held there but it should be for finals only, semi's should be held elsewhere.

torchomatic

Moff

We'd have had a full set if 'Incester' had got to the play-off final.

Yes that name isnt the best....but there is the whiff of Village of The Damned about Leicester!

I have just watched the end of their game again from yesterday and it still brings a huge smile to my face!

Users who are viewing this thread