Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

What a guy. Love him already. Long throws, fucking rapid, decent defensively, scores free kicks, name provides endless comedy commentary moments, looks like he fucking loves it here. What a breath of fresh air after the cavalcade of right backs we’ve had to put up with.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He seems to be getting better every game. He certainly has a lot of sexy attributes as well.

I do think he is making a few mistakes, which I would bet he will grow out of, but he seems to be bedding in nicely. Out of all our new players he seems to be one of the ones leading the pack.

Special shout out to Clive who got him and Latibeaudiere mixed up about 17 times last night.

shmmeee

He seems to be getting better every game. He certainly has a lot of sexy attributes as well.

I do think he is making a few mistakes, which I would bet he will grow out of, but he seems to be bedding in nicely. Out of all our new players he seems to be one of the ones leading the pack.

Special shout out to Clive who got him and Latibeaudiere mixed up about 17 times last night.

I just want you to hold Maatsens first season in the Championship and the fee being talked about now for him in your head. I think the guy is out next eight figure sale I really do.

Brighton Sky Blue

A real coup of a signing. Frightening pace, he wins foot races against nearly everyone and was close to making some of the real hospital passes sent his way last night.

Expect him to go for big money within 2 seasons.

shmmeee

At least one of our big money signings looks good so far.

I don’t really see him and Simms as big money signings. More a step up from the Sheaf and Vik type signings we made before (plus inflation which seems crazy this window). Wright is the only player I worry about the fee for.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t really see him and Simms as big money signings. More a step up from the Sheaf and Vik type signings we made before (plus inflation which seems crazy this window). Wright is the only player I worry about the fee for.
I have a slight concern about the Kitching fee but that’s more because nobody seems sure what we’ve paid as the base fee.

Saddlebrains

Thing is he can actually defend aswell. How many wing backs do you see that are vreat going forward but wank defensively

The mans got it all and will be in the premier league next season i feel if he carries on this level of performance. What did we buy him for 4.5?

That will be 12 by next summer easy

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is he can actually defend aswell. How many wing backs do you see that are vreat going forward but wank defensively

The mans got it all and will be in the premier league next season i feel if he carries on this level of performance. What did we buy him for 4.5?

Forget if he signed for 3 years or 4 but if it’s the latter it would take a silly offer to take him next summer.

shmmeee

£3.5m I think

CCFCSteve

I bet he wished he signed for Luton though.....

If he came on here during or after matches to see what the some of the ‘supporters’ are like, then probably

ps MVE does look quality though and Dasilva looking like a decent buy

andrew.roberts

Wright was offside a couple of times last night even after he'd been substituted for Simms according to Clive and yes, I think Van Ewijk is going to be some player..

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

Chris1987

Pace of this guy is something else. Great atmosphere created by the Sky Blue Army last night . Good night out , shame we didn't bring home the 3 points. PUSB

Hertsccfc

Wright was offside a couple of times last night even after he'd been substituted for Simms according to Clive and yes, I think Van Ewijk is going to be some player..

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk
According to Clive Wright seemed more involved after he went off and Bidwell made a great block that was actually McFadzean.

Van Ewijk looks potentially like the Hamer replacement in terms of quality.

edgy

He was very good last night against a quick tricky opponent.

Was dead on his feet after 75 though.

Gint11

When the winger got played down the flank and MVE just sprinted past him, literally everyone in the stadium laughed. Made their player look like a snail

theferret

How can they not be big money signings? £4 million at this level is a huge amount of money. We've spent a fortune, it is pretty unprecented for a team that doesn't have parachute payments to spend what we have.

Most independent pundits seem to be saying Blues had the best window, you can disagree, but they have brought in a lot of quality tbf. Their total spend for what, 14 players, is less than the fee we paid for Wright.

Milan is a great signing, and worth the fee I feel. My worry is we have overspent massively on some of the other acquisitions. Really hope these worries prove unfounded.

Grendel

How can they not be big money signings? £4 million at this level is a huge amount of money. We've spent a fortune, it is pretty unprecented for a team that doesn't have parachute payments to spend what we have.

Most independent pundits seem to be saying Blues had the best window, you can disagree, but they have brought in a lot of quality tbf. Their total spend for what, 14 players, is less than the fee we paid for Wright.

Milan is a great signing, and worth the fee I feel. My worry is we have overspent massively on some of the other acquisitions. Really hope these worries prove unfounded.

Hes an expensive signing for a wing back - he’s probably our most expensive signing ever in that type of position

Grendel

Enjoy him for a season, he’s going to make us a small fortune next summer

Then we can spend the profit on the next Haji Wright

PVA

Looked a bit tentative in the first few games, constantly checking back, not really using his pace. Not sure if that was a fitness thing or just getting used to the way we play (or both).

But he has got better and better and he was brilliant last night.

Users who are viewing this thread