Meeting planned for Wednesday!! (2 Viewers)

georgehudson

capt d, i was referring to the OP, wheelfass, plus,
i don't always read, or take what the CT say, as gospe,
oldfiver, i remember it well,
& if i could turn back time, i'd cher it with all CCFC fans
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Yes and may be Sports England
Not sure if Simon was invited :)

So people are demanding answers from a football league rep, sisu etc and while they are all in coventry together people are concentrating on a petition and a boycott?

Is it just me who thinks that if people doing protests were thinking outside the box they would be at the Higgs?

Nick

Administrator
It's been strangely quiet, the same as yesterday.

Usually it would generate a lot of interest, hopefully no news is good news.

georgehudson

strangely quiet indeed, & here's hoping that no news is good news,
i'm sure the FA & FL will have their usual vital input,
& the newshounds will be hot on the trail

Nick

Administrator
At least it seems they all turned up, we would have heard about it by now if they hadn't!

I have a feeling it will be Venus.

Nick

Administrator
Venus would be the obvious choice to deal with the FA, FL on the academy stuff I think anyway. You would think the academy manager and people in charge of the academy would be in on them as well.

rupert_bear

Telegraph tried to get Sepalla, Fisher or Venus to be interviewed regarding this petition but none available. I would be very interested in Venus's attitude and stance as he is a director now but with significant influence on team affairs. I think perhaps we should be asking him questions on here.

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph tried to get Sepalla, Fisher or Venus to be interviewed regarding this petition but none available. I would be very interested in Venus's attitude and stance as he is a director now but with significant influence on team affairs. I think perhaps we should be asking him questions on here.

What are they expected to say though?

Skyblueweeman

What are they expected to say though?

* Are they aware of it?
* What's their thoughts on it?
* Do they understand why there's such a strong feeling on it?
* What can they say to appease the fans with such an opinion?
* Are there any concrete plans, even if it's just something to give us a glimmer of hope, to give us some hope on the stadium and academy situations?

I suspect we'd get something akin to 'no comment' but you never know.

Nick

Administrator
* Are they aware of it?
* Are there any concrete plans, even if it's just something to give us a glimmer of hope, to give us some hope on the stadium and academy situations?

I suspect we'd get something akin to 'no comment' but you never know.

This is after the club accused the telegraph and council of a media assault before, I doubt they will bother while the telegraph are going all out on them will they? Whatever they say will be spun to high heaven.

I am sure Mowbray will be asked in his pre match interview.

rupert_bear

Probably nothing, ln fact I am expecting the next comment from Fisher to be one of defiance but Venus is perhaps a weak link ripe to be confronted with searching questions.

Nick

Administrator
Probably nothing, ln fact I am expecting the next comment from Fisher to be one of defiance but Venus is perhaps a weak link ripe to be confronted with searching questions.

I think it is pointless hammering Venus with questions, football questions then of course yes. (That includes academy type), but not the politics stuff.

rupert_bear

I agree but he has accepted a directorship so in a way put himself on offer as a director he can be held accountable as high as court, i hope he isn't being used as a buffer.

Pete in Portugal

I think it is pointless hammering Venus with questions, football questions then of course yes. (That includes academy type), but not the politics stuff.

I agree Nick. There will be an agreed Board spokesperson to deal with the media on any given topic, which means Venus will probably not be in a position to answer questions.

SkyBlueScottie

* Are they aware of it?

They believe its part of an orchestrated campaign to marginalise the football club in its home.
Yes, mistakes have been made, however the club have been hamstrung by the involvement of CCC and Wasps
We have identified a site
Yes to the stadium, talks are ongoing

There you go

Nick

Administrator
They believe its part of an orchestrated campaign to marginalise the football club in its home.
Yes, mistakes have been made, however the club have been hamstrung by the involvement of CCC and Wasps
We have identified a site
Yes to the stadium, talks are ongoing

There you go

And add media attack to that.

chiefdave

Bit strange that it hasn't been reported on at all. Even if it was just who attended and that nobody would comment.

Other meetings have seen a live commentary on the CT but this one seems to have been totally ignored. As has already been said I'm sure if the meeting was cancelled or nobody from the club turned up we would know by now.

dongonzalos

I think if the media were allowed anywhere near the meeting they would be all over it. It is a story that generates interest.

Users who are viewing this thread