Transfer Rumour Matty James (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I'm confused is all & it seems I'm not the only one.

You want Sheaf to be a similar player to Makelele & a similar player to Kroos even though those 2 play(ed) completely different roles to one another.

It's fine, you've explained it better here, you just don't like his style of player, fair enough.
Tbh, I've stated I think he's talented, I actually think he'd make a better central midfielder than a holding midfielder, we don't play this way.
He's nice on the ball and given 5 yards can produce some nice passes... This has never been my issue.

My problem is he can be too casual on the ball in dangerous areas, like it's a kick about at the park shall we say.. You rarely see this with others in the team so ofcourse it stands out.... Am I being fair? Maybe not... Maybe he needs a couple of seasons at this level to fully grow into the role.
Would he be playing if Kelly was fit? Probably not... But again that's maybe more to do with age and trying to nurture him in at this level.
Not that he needs my blessings but il give him more time, I can see his ability but I think he's costly... Il reevaluate my thoughts come may... I might change my opinion 🤷

Evo1883

So matty James then
giphy.gif

Alkhen

Gonna be a shitter if he doesn't sign now.

Sources look liegit but can't see how we can pull this off. So much doesn't add up:

He's 29 so I doubt environment/play style/coaching features in Leicesters thoughts

On a load of cash per week. We can't be offering anything near the 18k the Barnsley fans mention. Doubt we could rival whatever they currently pay.

Makes me edgy, what's in it for them? Couldn't be a first dibs on Hamer or secure a youth player to swing it could it?

Suppose he could want a move back to the Midlands.

Deity

Sources look liegit but can't see how we can pull this off. So much doesn't add up:

He's 29 so I doubt environment/play style/coaching features in Leicesters thoughts

On a load of cash per week. We can't be offering anything near the 18k the Barnsley fans mention. Doubt we could rival whatever they currently pay.

Makes me edgy, what's in it for them? Couldn't be a first dibs on Hamer or secure a youth player to swing it could it?

He’s on £30k a week. Fact.

mark82

Not saying this is the rationale, or is what's happening but....

20 weeks until end of May
So 20 x 18k = £360k

If you think this guy guarantees staying up, 360k investment would be worthwhile to maintain the additional £8m we get from this division.

Or maybe we're looking longer term and think he'd fit in with our wage structure come the end of the year.

SeaSeeEffCee

The Leicester reporter for the Athletic wouldn't have reported on it if it wasn't happening. Only thing that'll stop it happening is if a better offer comes in at the final hour.

Evo1883

Barnsley lost 4 in 15 when he played ...won 10

Played some good sides too in that run.

Losses to Norwich, Brentford, Swansea, Cardiff

Interesting to see how they do now and the influence he had

Gibbo

Not saying this is the rationale, or is what's happening but....

20 weeks until end of May
So 20 x 18k = £360k

If you think this guy guarantees staying up, 360k investment would be worthwhile to maintain the additional £8m we get from this division.

Or maybe we're looking longer term and think he'd fit in with our wage structure come the end of the year.
The first part is exactly right. That is the rationale. The weekly wage is less important than the value of the total investment. Nobody is saying he will stay long term. And given how we have missed Kelly, it is obvious how dependant we are in our relation fight on a strong defensive midfielder.

Blue Maniac

Why are Leicester loaning out a 29 year old?

Yeah, about that...

Injury after injury after injury. He’s been here eight and a half years and has played 101 league games. 86 of those were in his first three seasons. That’s an average of three a year in the last five seasons. He didn’t play a single minute during the title winning season, and has played 18 times in all competitions since 2016.

Some bright spark at the club decided to give him a new contract after he made one FA Cup appearance in the embarrassment at Newport 2019, and he almost immediately broke down again, so he’s been touring the treatment tables for the last two years. Regardless, he was given a squad place ahead of fully fit Andy King last season. Thing is, in the considerable time that has elapsed since he was capable of playing more than a couple of hours a year for us, we’ve signed Ndidi who is one of the best in the world, and Mendy who is a high quality backup. Hamza Choudhury has somehow found a space on the fringe of the first team as well, despite having a scrambled egg brain and flailing feet. Matty James? Such a talented player, love him to death, but a talent wasted by the sheer misfortune of being one of the most frequently crocked players in the history of the game.

That’ll be why we’re loaning out a 29 year old. His next permanent contract, wherever it is, is likely to be pay as you play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torquay Sky Blue

Yeah, about that...

Injury after injury after injury. He’s been here eight and a half years and has played 101 league games. 86 of those were in his first three seasons. That’s an average of three a year in the last five seasons. He didn’t play a single minute during the title winning season, and has played 18 times in all competitions since 2016.

Some bright spark at the club decided to give him a new contract after he made one FA Cup appearance in the embarrassment at Newport 2019, and he almost immediately broke down again, so he’s been touring the treatment tables for the last two years. Regardless, he was given a squad place ahead of fully fit Andy King last season. Thing is, in the considerable time that has elapsed since he was capable of playing more than a couple of hours a year for us, we’ve signed Ndidi who is one of the best in the world, and Mendy who is a high quality backup. Hamza Choudhury has somehow found a space on the fringe of the first team as well, despite having a scrambled egg brain and flailing feet. Matty James? Such a talented player, love him to death, but a talent wasted by the sheer misfortune of being one of the most frequently crocked players in the history of the game.

That’ll be why we’re loaning out a 29 year old. His next permanent contract, wherever it is, is likely to be pay as you play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well thanks for the insight...could of been the same bright spark who signed George Thomas

But Tommy English was decent for us

Londonccfcfan

Ive heard of the fella but admittedly dont remember ever seeing him play.

Judging by alot of views on here it seems like alot of OTT views about how good he is.

In saying that hope its a half season loan with potential option to buy next season if he proves his fitness/ability as potentially he would definately improve the squad big time.

This could be a bit of a coup!

D

Deleted member 2477

Did his acl a few seasons a go and went out on loan to Barnsley following his return which suffered a few set back jist like Jj. Majority of their board seem to be gutted that hes gone as he made a real difference to their midfield bit like Kelly for us.

lets hope our acl jinx doesnt manifest itself again

superskyblue

Did his acl a few seasons a go and went out on loan to Barnsley following his return which suffered a few set back jist like Jj. Majority of their board seem to be gutted that hes gone as he made a real difference to their midfield bit like Kelly for us.

Coventry City recruitment criteria

Previous ACL Injury [X]

Brighton Sky Blue

Does he still have anything like a shot of getting back into their team?

Users who are viewing this thread