Manchester City breaking financial rules (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

I posted in the PL thread but this deserves its own i think.

Over a hundred rules broken over eight years. It has taken the PL four years to investigate this.

I think this will be a massive back and forth. In reality, they should have the book thrown at them.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't they get punishment last time but then the punishment became less and they just carried on?

ccfctommy

Didn't they get punishment last time but then the punishment became less and they just carried on?

No, I don't think so. This won't be a slap on the wrist fine. This goes back to the Mancini era. The Premier League will want to make an example of them.

Paul Anthony

After four years, and with so many breaches listed, they can't surely just slap a token fine on them? They'd basically be openly admitting the financial regulations aren't worth the paper.

Then again, I'm sure Man City can probably find an envelope big enough, when the need arises.

Wonder if they'll have a look at Chelsea? Their January was an absolute madness.

Paul Anthony

This is the range of punishments available, apparently. Think we can probably guess which direction they'll go. Nice bit of compensation, and say no more about it..... FB_IMG_1675696382541.jpg

lifeskyblue

Token fine, slapped wrist and a promise not to do it again when it should be relegation to L2 and massive fine. Also every other club should be investigated as they are not alone in not playing by the ffp regulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

no_loyalty

After four years, and with so many breaches listed, they can't surely just slap a token fine on them? They'd basically be openly admitting the financial regulations aren't worth the paper.

Then again, I'm sure Man City can probably find an envelope big enough, when the need arises.

Wonder if they'll have a look at Chelsea? Their January was an absolute madness.
In regard to Chelsea, didn’t they offer players 7yr / 8yr contracts to get around the rules?

Happy_Martian

This will be one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in football. I can't see the FA and EPL doing anything to Man City other than someone else said, a fine and conditional penalty based on future breaches. With the size of their squad, any relegation will only mean you have a massive club that will outperform any other team in that division. So in one or two years, they'd be back in the Prem with a couple more championship titles to boast about (see Rangers rise from their financial woes).

Skybluefaz

They won't hurt the money will they. I'd love to see them relegated but it won't happen. Will Chelsea be in line for the same, the money they've spent is a joke.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They can go bust for all I care. A tin pot club who have numbed the premier League for years pretending to be Billy bigtime.
The thought of playing Man City in the championship is no more exciting than Sunderland, Birmingham or West Brom.

Frostie

They won't hurt the money will they. I'd love to see them relegated but it won't happen. Will Chelsea be in line for the same, the money they've spent is a joke.
As others have said, the recent Chelsea transfers have involved some 'clever accounting' exploiting loopholes in the regulations by amortising the contracts (and therefore fees) over ridiculous length contracts.

The rules are now being changed (closing the stable door after the horse has bolted) hence Chelsea's mad push to get the deals done in January.

Brighton Sky Blue

As others have said, the recent Chelsea transfers have involved some 'clever accounting' exploiting loopholes in the regulations by amortising the contracts (and therefore fees) over ridiculous length contracts.

The rules are now being changed (closing the stable door after the horse has bolted) hence Chelsea's mad push to get the deals done in January.
Do those deals have any break clauses or are they really tied in to those players for the long haul?

Nuskyblue

Tbh I think that could come back and bite them in 3 or 4 years. If half of them are flops they will be lumbered with shit on masive contracts that they cant shift, look at the problems Arsenal had with Ozil and Aubameyang. I guess the lads Chelsea bought in are at least <30.

Tbh the Saudis buying into Newcastle has killed the Prem. What's the point anymore, you have no chance of competing if you get promoted. If we ever got up the ceiling is 7th, I'd love for the big guns to all fuck off to the European Super league tbh

Skybluefaz

I get that. Its still a joke.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tbh I think that could come back and bite them in 3 or 4 years. If half of them are flops they will be lumbered with shit on masive contracts that they cant shift, look at the problems Arsenal had with Ozil and Aubameyang. I guess the lads Chelsea bought in are at least <30.

Tbh the Saudis buying into Newcastle has killed the Prem. What's the point anymore, you have no chance of competing if you get promoted. If we ever got up the ceiling is 7th, I'd love for the big guns to all fuck off to the European Super league tbh
In a league where you collect £100 million for passing Go, just staying in it is fine by me.

Nuskyblue

In a league where you collect £100 million for passing Go, just staying in it is fine by me.
Premier League status = Premier League wages tho so ultimately gets you nowhere, you just end up with a meh season, hopefully escaping relegation on the last day would be the only excitement in it

Brighton Sky Blue

Premier League status = Premier League wages tho so ultimately gets you nowhere, you just end up with a meh season, hopefully escaping relegation on the last day would be the only excitement in it
However much most of us dislike the overhyped commercial nonsense, ultimately it's madness not to want your club to play at the highest level.

Nuskyblue

However much most of us dislike the overhyped commercial nonsense, ultimately it's madness not to want your club to play at the highest level.
I get that but you'd want to be able to compete, it used to be champions league money that made the top four a closed shop. You could now argue that 7 is the ceiling and what's the point.

At the beginning of this season you could make an argument for most of the championship getting into the play offs. In the Premier League you could make an argument for over half the league finishing in the bottom 3. Even with half a season 8 from 20 could conceivably go down.

Users who are viewing this thread