Maidstone Tickets (2 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Our league rivals have won again tonight, promotion through the play offs is a big ask… a win on Monday and an FAcup quarter final victory is a much more realistic route to fame and riches this year 🤷‍♂️

Yeah thanks Doug King. 💰💰💰

rexo87

Wilson

Lusala Thomas Kitching Bidwell

Kelly Lati

Tavares Palmer Simms

Godden

People being far too cautious of them. I want nothing more than to get through to the quarters and this side will easily get through. Ipswich made a lot of changes and the expected goals in that match was 5-1 to Ipswich. It was an absolute freak result that happens once in maybe 100 games of football.

We have got to be sensible and rest as many as possible after PNE and before WBA which is an absolutely huge game.

We could desperately do with our injured players back. Having Torp Sheaf and Allen back would make it so much easier to rotate as Lati can then move back to covering right and centre back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Our league rivals have won again tonight, promotion through the play offs is a big ask… a win on Monday and an FAcup quarter final victory is a much more realistic route to fame and riches this year 🤷‍♂️
One round of league games go against us and playoffs is a big ask?

There’s 39 points to play for and there’s a 3 point deficit from 6th where we have edge on GD.

Calm yourself.

Ashdown

There’s 39 points to play for and there’s a 3 point deficit from 6th where we have edge on GD.

Calm yourself.
I’m very calm but realistic ….2 wins , one against a 6th tier team …..gets us potential riches against 13 matches with a depleted and thin squad gets us a sniff of a two leg play off ?

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m very calm but realistic ….2 wins , one against a 6th tier team …..gets us potential riches against 13 matches with a depleted and thin squad gets us a sniff of a two leg play off ?

It doesn’t need to be a choice and I personally back us against any of the top 10 over two legs, with the exception of the relegated teams.

Which those and Blackburn would be our ‘easiest’ route to the semi finals of the FA Cup.

I’d personally want us to draw a big team in the quarters and we get to defer our game v Hull at home to hopefully get some form and injured players fit.

skybluecam

Wilson

Lusala Thomas Kitching Bidwell

Kelly Lati

Tavares Palmer Simms

Godden

People being far too cautious of them. I want nothing more than to get through to the quarters and this side will easily get through. Ipswich made a lot of changes and the expected goals in that match was 5-1 to Ipswich. It was an absolute freak result that happens once in maybe 100 games of football.

We have got to be sensible and rest as many as possible after PNE and before WBA which is an absolutely huge game.

We could desperately do with our injured players back. Having Torp Sheaf and Allen back would make it so much easier to rotate as Lati can then move back to covering right and centre back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the obsession with lusala

itsabuzzard

Respect your view.

We will beat Maidstone, even with much rotated team- we won’t win fa cup

WBA - the springboard that could give us huge - high % chance of us winning playoffs than fa cup.
Then play the much rotated team and beat Maidstone and full strength vs WBA and stay in contention for the cup and promotion. Everyone's happy?

NWS

I'm enjoying all this chatter. We are a tier 6 side. Our regular strike force can't play. We have one other striker that can play. If Appiah is ruled out we will probably play an injury prone centre back that is 50:50 to make it. We could/should have been 4 down at Ipswich after 15mins. It would be lovely to come and win again but realism says that you ain't gonna score just one from 38 chances. We had our day in the sun and it was wonderful. It is nice to be brining another big crowd but all this nonsense about if you get through.

What I hope for most is that we remain competitive for as long as possible to keep the atmosphere up

CV22SBA

We put 6 past a team in the playoff positions in the league below us and realistically it should have been more. I really don't get the panic or worry playing against Maidstone. The game will be won by half time.

Otis

I'm enjoying all this chatter. We are a tier 6 side. Our regular strike force can't play. We have one other striker that can play. If Appiah is ruled out we will probably play an injury prone centre back that is 50:50 to make it. We could/should have been 4 down at Ipswich after 15mins. It would be lovely to come and win again but realism says that you ain't gonna score just one from 38 chances. We had our day in the sun and it was wonderful. It is nice to be brining another big crowd but all this nonsense about if you get through.

What I hope for most is that we remain competitive for as long as possible to keep the atmosphere up
We say IF, because us Coventry, bumpkin folk, is quite humble.

Stop It Stephen Breyer GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: NWS

skybluericoh

No debate for me, play our strongest 11 and put on a professional performance to get through

Be it 1 goal in it or 10 goals in it, I don't care as long as we don't lose as it would be embarrassing

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
1 goal or 10, we are on a hiding to nothing. I hope Maidstone make a fist of it but we do get an early break though. I love the romance of the FA cup and be nice for their fans to get some enjoyment.
I know they don’t happen often but upset come along now and then, we all know that. Very rare that the same none league team causes 2 on the bounce, but we are CCFC how many times we we beat teams at the top and lose to the relegation fighters?
Be happy with any win but would like to see decent daylight between us by the half hour mark.

Reactions: NWS

NWS

We put 6 past a team in the playoff positions in the league below us and realistically it should have been more. I really don't get the panic or worry playing against Maidstone. The game will be won by half time.
I hope not but you are probably right. I just hope the fans from the County League, Kent League and Ryman League plus realistic newer fans can make enough noise to show our appreciation for what has been a fantastic cup run. It would be nice to score.

If it is still 0-0 at 85mins then you'd better watch that Corne bloke. He has a taste and a knack for it...

Brylowes

I haven’t looked into your squad availability at all, why can’t your strike force play ?

CV22SBA

Spoke to the ticket office this morning, apparently any tickets that haven’t been put on ST cards haven’t been sent out yet…
I selected "add to ST" and received an e-Ticket for the game last night. Same thing for the other 3 in our group. I'm in club Coventry but no reason why it should not be added to our ST cards.

Otis

On what basis?

Look at the teams we loan them out to, often levels below Maidstone. I’m fairly confident our U21s would get absolutely bullied and lose.
Yup.

What often happens with young players is, they come up against hardened, older, more physical footballers and are bullied out of games.

Sometimes it can just be too physical for them.

The U21's of the big clubs who compete in whatever the Johnstone Paint Trophy's called these days, are often beaten by League Two opposition.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Calm yourself.
Don't underestimate what an achievement it will be if we manage to make the play offs again.

Gonna take a huge effort from the squad if we going to get there.

It's doable but a big ask, yesterday's matches changed very little. Was still a big ask before then also.

Users who are viewing this thread