Maddison England Squad *CONFIRMED* (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

torchomatic

It has to be said, he seems genuinely good. Never really saw that when he was here. Just though he was a pretty skillful player who fell over a lot. Shows what I know.

6 Generations

Good Luck to the lad.

Always thought he was 'Beckhamesque' although lightweight. (Now the press are using the term).

England certainly need someone of his creativity at this time.

rob9872

It has to be said, he seems genuinely good. Never really saw that when he was here. Just though he was a pretty skillful player who fell over a lot. Shows what I know.
I never saw it with Henderson, but then I still don't for club or country. Clearly I'm wrong as everyone tells me how good he is, but I just cant see anything there.

Winny the Bish

We wouldn’t get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we would? Clauses like international appearances tend to extend from contract to contract at new team.

So - if Coventry place a £250k clause into the deal with Norwich, Norwich would normally include a £500k clause with Leicester - with the £250k owed from the original transfer being paid back to Coventry. If Norwich were to not put that same clause in, the £250k would be paid to Coventry from other bonus agreements Norwich have with Leicester (provided JM got an Int'l Cap).

Unless someone from the Cov Tel or CCFC has come out and said no we wouldn't get cash, this is my understanding of how it would work.

torchomatic

I never saw it with Henderson, but then I still don't for club or country. Clearly I'm wrong as everyone tells me how good he is, but I just cant see anything there.

I'm the same with Henderson. I'm amazed he plays as high as he does. Didn't see it then, don't see it now.

Sky Blue Sydney

Yes, we would? Clauses like international appearances tend to extend from contract to contract at new team.

So - if Coventry place a £250k clause into the deal with Norwich, Norwich would normally include a £500k clause with Leicester - with the £250k owed from the original transfer being paid back to Coventry. If Norwich were to not put that same clause in, the £250k would be paid to Coventry from other bonus agreements Norwich have with Leicester (provided JM got an Int'l Cap).

Unless someone from the Cov Tel or CCFC has come out and said no we wouldn't get cash, this is my understanding of how it would work.

Once the sell on clause is activated, all other add ons are generally forfeited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Surely we would be due some cash. Can’t for the life of me think we negotiated a deal where we only get paid if he plays for England whilst he was at championship club Norwich.

CJ_covblaze

Maddison in. Great to see Sancho and Mount given a shot too.

GaryJones

Maddison has just been named in the England Squad.
What a journey this young man has been on - he deserves this!
Well done!

sylus

There are still some in Leicester who are not convinced by Maddison,as for being included in Southgate's side,well anythings is possible,Really Southgate signing a new deal what on a back end of a mediocre WC, ok you could argue yeah he got us to the semi's but in reality we were poor,never looked like winning it really.
That's what pisses me off, Southgate being some kind of hero,when he is shit

coop

There are still some in Leicester who are not convinced by Maddison,as for being included in Southgate's side,well anythings is possible,Really Southgate signing a new deal what on a back end of a mediocre WC, ok you could argue yeah he got us to the semi's but in reality we were poor,never looked like winning it really.
That's not what they have told me the ones I speak to who go home and away are surprised at how good he is and will only improve.

Paul Anthony

Pleased for him, his stock has been rising solidly both at Norwich and now Leicester, so I think it's deserved.

Sky Blue Harry H

Surely we would be due some cash. Can’t for the life of me think we negotiated a deal where we only get paid if he plays for England whilst he was at championship club Norwich.

We will get £££s

SlowerThanPlatt

He got us to the semis of a World Cup for the first time since 1990 with an England team which has one world class player what on earth are you speaking about

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Come on CJ, expand - is it 50% for Joy's handbag fund, 50% for Tim Fisher's protein shakes, and the playing side gets the rest?!

She said a number of surprising things that day. Almost made our board look competent if they were true.

sylus

That's not what they have told me the ones I speak to who go home and away are surprised at how good he is and will only improve.

That may well be the case,but i live in Leicester,a stones throw from the king power and regularly drink with a few Leicester fans who attend both home and away games,yes! Maddison is growing on them,but they are not all convinced yet as it is still early days.Just what i hear.

letsallsingtogether

Your not the only one I remember posters saying he wasn't worth it and having a go at others who thought he was worth more.
Oh well the pains of having an opinion.:)

clint van damme

I'm absolutely mystified by the social media wankathon from sky blues supporters over this news.
He's left, good luck to him, hope it pockets us a few quid but not really arsed.

mark82

That may well be the case,but i live in Leicester,a stones throw from the king power and regularly drink with a few Leicester fans who attend both home and away games,yes! Maddison is growing on them,but they are not all convinced yet as it is still early days.Just what i hear.

Small sample size I know, but I've seen them on TV a couple of times and he's been the best player on the pitch. Stands out on MOTD too, which I know can sometimes be deceiving, but he's had a lot of football people speaking out on his talent so must be something there.

Users who are viewing this thread