maddison deal (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

It can be spun anyway anyone wants as in fact madderson has gone but is still here.......

dongonzalos

Total unfounded shit.

Which bits
That Joy has said the club must be self funded. Heard it from her own mouth so that's true.
We are keeping him to the end of the season, so what's the difference with him loaned or selling him in the summer = true
I don't believe the administration bit = true
If he continues to play like he did yesterday his value will go up = true

So if we did not need to sell him why do it when in a few months we will more likely than not get more money?

BackRoomRummermill

Which bits
That Joy has said the club must be self funded. Heard it from her own mouth so that's true.
We are keeping him to the end of the season, so what's the difference with him loaned or selling him in the summer = true
I don't believe the administration bit = true
If he continues to play like he did yesterday his value will go up = true

So if we did not need to sell him why do it when in a few months we will more likely than not get more money?

It's vis a vis Cov and Norwich

J

Jack Griffin

Not really he hasn't gone anywhere
Plus TM said he didn't ask to leave.
I am not saying don't sell just why not in the summer?

You know that positive cash flow Timmy talked about a while back... go figure..:whistle:

georgehudson

once again our owners prefer to keep their financial arrangements a secret, there's no surprise there, so we don't and for several years will not know, the wheels of the deal,
however, the idea of 'speculate to accumulate' seems to have been ignored,
oh for financial fair play to be prevalent within club finances,
well, come on FA do something

Brighton Sky Blue

In each case when a player is sold Mowbray's concern seems to be quite simply how much of the fee and wages he will be allowed to put back into the playing budget. My guess is that a sufficient proportion of Maddison's fee and getting him back for the rest of the season was fine to suit everybody.

Personally think Maddison himself should've taken a look at how Bigi's early move to Newcastle turned out and concentrated more on getting more game time in, but there we are.

the rumpo kid

if you look at my previous posting (belief;-when can we start believing again) you will see im a true sky blue , ive no need to lie, and I have better things to do than make things up just to be annoying . the girl told me she was scared to death she would to fired on transfer deadline day if the maddison deal hadn't gone through. she has no need to make things up, its just a job to her. anyway that's what she told me. I was quite shocked aswell.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd say there was a fair chance he was looking at Wilson, and how going for a smaller club allowed him regular football to improve his reputation.

I would expect so, and I hope for him that it works out that way. But for every Callum there is a Bigi, particularly with Norwich in the thick of a relegation battle.

Gazolba

was told yesterday by someone who works in accounts office at ccfc, city were days away from administration again, maddison deal was rushed through so ccfc could pay wages of staff and players. joy has refused point blank to "put another penny into this pit"

This is quite believable. The only way I can think that SISU would allow us to get into such a financial position is that TM threatened to quit unless he got the players he needed.

Grendel

once again our owners prefer to keep their financial arrangements a secret, there's no surprise there, so we don't and for several years will not know, the wheels of the deal,
however, the idea of 'speculate to accumulate' seems to have been ignored,
oh for financial fair play to be prevalent within club finances,
well, come on FA do something

Norwich wanted to keep it secret you imbecile. How many deals do you know all the details of.

Grendel

Not really he hasn't gone anywhere
Plus TM said he didn't ask to leave.
I am not saying don't sell just why not in the summer?

Of course he didn't ask to leave - it would have cost him money.

However his statement says he was more than happy to and we've gained two defenders - one who looks really good - and retained him.

The deal was agreed a week before according to Anderson and no doubt also helped fund the other players coming in.

Are you really this thick or just playing to your agenda again?

dongonzalos

It's his usual trick of repeating something so many times until it becomes fact.

However his statement says he was more than happy to and we've gained two defenders - one who looks really good - and retained him.

The deal was agreed a week before according to Anderson and no doubt also helped fund the other players coming in.

Ah sorry I thought the deal happened last minute on the transfer day. It was so late Norwich were not sure if they would get it through on time.
Also the papers were still to be ratified by the FL when the deal was announced at 11pm

Bloody thrill seekers those Norwich owners. Agree a deal the week before then think sod it lets see how late in the day you can go before actually completing a deal.

With regards to the signing of the two defenders and I would also add DH to that.
If you bother to read what a person writes before throwing your usual vileness. You will find that I said right at the start that maybe they needed to sell to fund those signings.

Also whatever the reason is that JM didn't ask to leave is irrelevant. He still didn't ask to leave that's the key bit.

So other than to sign those three. (Which I suggested in my first post).

I can see no logic to selling JM in this window unless we needed to cash in for some reason. Otherwise I can see lots of reasons to sell in the summer.......

1) potential more cash
2) more clubs bidding
3) likely higher price.
4) possibility of keeping him in the championship if he signs for a prem club
5) negotiating loan deals as part of the sale once we know our own fate next season.
6) TM telling you to hold onto him as he will be worth more in the future

Last edited:

Paxman II

The pity of it all is i think Madders will be in the same league as us next season. Not a move he should haved chanced imo. I think t he football club considered it a srewed move to get circa 3m and loaned back this season plus fund the squad to ensure our promotion hopes.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I think it's a shame that he's moved so soon but it's not just Bale and Walcott you look at there are as many Connor Thomas and Biggirimana's. So there is no guarantee whatsoever he would be worth more in the summer

dongonzalos

Oops ........

So which is it?

We're you lying that Anderson said the deal was done The week before?

Was Anderson lying that the deal was done the week before?

Do you have an agenda?

Or my own personal favourite are you just thick?

“We went after him aggressively. I think the fact we left it so late in the window certainly played into our favour,” Neil explained.

“If we had gone earlier we would have most likely lost him to a bigger team. I know there was one team in particular who were aggressively trying to not stop the deal but hi-jack it and we managed to get it across the line.

Warwickhunt

looking at the CET storyline it would seem that one of the big boys was trying to fuck us over for a Maddison deal and when the Norwich deal for an unamed person went tits up they had funds available and changed tack at the death that would have seemed to have matched City's upfront payment requirement, a £7.5m deal wirth adds ons looks a good deal for a really untried player

chiefdave

Sure Murphy had some involvement. He and Maddison seem to be best buds judging from social media. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a word with someone at Norwich and / or Maddison.

no_loyalty

Sure Murphy had some involvement. He and Maddison seem to be best buds judging from social media. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a word with someone at Norwich and / or
Maddison.

I said sometime ago that the only reason Maddison joined Norwich, was because Murphy promised to room with him next season

Covkid1968#

I said sometime ago that the only reason Maddison joined Norwich, was because Murphy promised to room with him next season

And his grandparents live down that way with him being so young etc........

skybluetony176

Oops ........

So which is it?

We're you lying that Anderson said the deal was done The week before?

Was Anderson lying that the deal was done the week before?

Do you have an agenda?

Or my own personal favourite are you just thick?

“We went after him aggressively. I think the fact we left it so late in the window certainly played into our favour,” Neil explained.

“If we had gone earlier we would have most likely lost him to a bigger team. I know there was one team in particular who were aggressively trying to not stop the deal but hi-jack it and we managed to get it across the line.

Ha ha. Well you know what the experts say on here Dong "It's his usual trick of repeating something so many times until it becomes fact." ;)

covmark

Are u some sort of imbecile? Read the article before coming out with daft comments
Tbh, he's been sold. So does it matter if it was done yesterday or last week. I suppose it gives frothy mouths like you some ammo though. So happy days right?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DazzleTommyDazzle

Tbh, he's been sold. So does it matter if it was done yesterday or last week. I suppose it gives frothy mouths like you some ammo though. So happy days right?

Well, it does matter to those of us who are trying to understand why the deal was done when it was done and whether on balance it's a positive or a negative.

Ooops, better go and wipe away that froth.......

fernandopartridge

I suspect the deal being done the week before was probably the other club who were gazumped by Norwich at the last minute, so in a financial sense a deal was done at that point.

dongonzalos

I suspect the deal being done the week before was probably the other club who were gazumped by Norwich at the last minute, so in a financial sense a deal was done at that point.

Yes but not "the deal" Grendel was referring to when he was accusing others of being "thick" and having an agenda.

shmmeee

Wow. That was the quickest moving of goalposts I've ever seen.

Keep fighting the good fight man, I'm sure you're making a difference.

shmmeee

And this one. Bill Clinton level's of spin. "In a financial sense", along with a ton of assumptions so your opinion fits the facts again.

Next you lot will be saying it was in the tea leaves so there was nothing we could do.

Users who are viewing this thread