Luton game (1 Viewer)

JMc88

Means we'll have had 1 league game between the 11th December and 15th January (excluding any potential re-arranged games that may occur), not sure if that's good or bad based on last nights performance...

stay_up_skyblues

Blessing in disguise for me.

17 days until the next league game. Thats surely enough time to get our covid players back and for some actual training to take place.

From the sounds of Robins last night training etc has been completely disjointed and stop start.

Can see this actually being a good thing for us

Just said the same to my brothers in WhatsApp. A chance to regroup, train as a unit and try something new, maybe get someone new in on loan. Just do something as we really look like we need it based on last night.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not the best financially though New Year’s Day fixture replaced by a midweek one.

pusbccfc

Great news after last night. Don't think anyone would have fancied going on Saturday.

However, this backlog of midweek games will be challenging.

steve101

Gutted. First game in a few years I had an opportunity to watch with my Dad. I also think they would have bounced back (unless further depleted by COVID) and maybe an opportunity for Jodi Jones to have started.

Nick

Administrator
Is it confirmed? Us or them asking?

Would have preferred it to be played regardless.

Nick

Administrator
There's nothing to say we will be any better in 2 weeks.

Much rather we have at least had some minutes.

Judging by robins comments a lot of our players need to isolate just from contact. That's not going to stop any time soon.

Bennosdancingfeet

What I can’t quite figure out is what the fuck players are doing in spare time. I only say this as I work with well over 100 people, they all mix with family and go out etc and none of them get infected. Not particularly bothered with the game being off but it’s quite staggering the amount of clubs that can’t contain Covid. is it the case that players refuse to be vaccinated so they have to isolate regardless if a close contact has been near? Could it be some teams are having to cancel due to maybe 1 player having Covid, another 15 isolating who don’t have Covid? Maybe being a little over the top here but for some reason, Covid seems to infect footballers more than the general population 🤭

Hertsccfc

What I can’t quite figure out is what the fuck players are doing in spare time. I only say this as I work with well over 100 people, they all mix with family and go out etc and none of them get infected. Not particularly bothered with the game being off but it’s quite staggering the amount of clubs that can’t contain Covid. is it the case that players refuse to be vaccinated so they have to isolate regardless if a close contact has been near? Could it be some teams are having to cancel due to maybe 1 player having Covid, another 15 isolating who don’t have Covid? Maybe being a little over the top here but for some reason, Covid seems to infect footballers more than the general population 🤭
That's not my experience. Loads of people i know have it.

Nick

Administrator
What I can’t quite figure out is what the fuck players are doing in spare time. I only say this as I work with well over 100 people, they all mix with family and go out etc and none of them get infected. Not particularly bothered with the game being off but it’s quite staggering the amount of clubs that can’t contain Covid. is it the case that players refuse to be vaccinated so they have to isolate regardless if a close contact has been near? Could it be some teams are having to cancel due to maybe 1 player having Covid, another 15 isolating who don’t have Covid? Maybe being a little over the top here but for some reason, Covid seems to infect footballers more than the general population
Theoritically there could be no positive cases but players isolating

pusbccfc

There's nothing to say we will be any better in 2 weeks.

Much rather we have at least had some minutes.

Judging by robins comments a lot of our players need to isolate just from contact. That's not going to stop any time soon.

Tbf, by then, most of the squad may have had Covid. It's clearly in the squad so by next week we will have had additional cases.

Nick

Administrator
Tbf, by then, most of the squad may have had Covid. It's clearly in the squad so by next week we will have had additional cases.
If players are isolating every time they are in contact with somebody with a positive test then may as well rule them out for the season.

Sky Blue Harry H

No game on New Year's Day lads, so I want you to use the opportunity to consider where w're heading, reset and........

pusbccfc

If players are isolating every time they are in contact with somebody with a positive test then may as well rule them out for the season.

Well that's where I'd hope Robins sits them down and tells them to get the jab.

Blind-Faith

The thing is, we are at our best with momentum, all this stop start, a game here then the next one off won’t do us any good. Other teams play and go above us, then the pressure is on us to get a result with the games in hand

Warwickhunt

After last night it might be a blessing

Terry Gibson's perm

Luton seem very unlucky with Covid they won’t have played for a month by the time they are back from a squad of 26 not to be able to get 14 fit seems strange are some on their second incident? Or do they have hardly any of them been vaccinated if that’s the problem they should forfeit.

Users who are viewing this thread