Luke Shaw signs for Man Utd (1 Viewer)

On a reputed £160,000 per week, not bad for a nineteen year old or is this yet another example of football becoming yet further out of touch with the long suffering supporter?

Otis

Absolutely no good for England at all unless he's number 1 choice for Man U and plays every week for them. If England are to succeed at all, we don't need squad players who sit on the bench or play for the reserves.

Let's just hope he's there for a starting role.

Covstu

He is a direct replacement for Evra which was a sensible move. I was told the transfer fee was around £30M which is just ludacrous. I think it was the right move for him but agree the salary is just silly.

Otis

Evra's just signed a new one year deal though and is still playing for France in the world cup.

So the question is, is Evra to be first choice for one more year with Shaw then taking over, or is Evra to be second choice to Shaw?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Evra's just signed a new one year deal though and is still playing for France in the world cup.

So the question is, is Evra to be first choice for one more year with Shaw then taking over, or is Evra to be second choice to Shaw?

Evra will start to take more of a back seat role next season I reckon

Otis

As an England fan I obviously want our best players playing week in week out at the highest level.

Marty

So 30 mill transfer fee, another 40 mill in wages (assuming it's a 5 year deal) for an untried player. Crazy money and one of the reasons i'm glad we're not in the prem any more.

Otis

So 30 mill transfer fee, another 40 mill in wages (assuming it's a 5 year deal) for an untried player. Crazy money and one of the reasons i'm glad we're not in the prem any more.

Yep and when we're in the Conference we can say we're glad wer'e not in the Football Leage anymore.

Marty

Or not, The prem is not the pinnacle, take out the top 6 and the rest just make up the numbers, whats the point in that? give me a top 8 championship side, regular cup runs, play offs excitement, I'd take that over the prem everyday of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread